Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fxr3 Green Flames value?  (Read 5193 times)

Ols

Fxr3 Green Flames value?
« on: March 26, 2012, 12:36:19 PM »

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the site and first just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mike Olson and I live in Savage, MN. I found the board a little while back when trying to research the value of my wife's '99 Fxr3 (green flames). We are going to sell it and just trying to get a realistic value on it. It has less than 1200 miles. Pretty much stock except screaming eagle exhaust. There are scratches on the mufflers from her dropping it but otherwise the bike is mint. She never rides it anymore and it's not good for it to sit.What would everyone say the asking price should be? Thanks!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Fxr3 Green Flames value?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 01:12:17 PM »

Kelly Blue Book retail is $8500
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 01:17:30 PM »

Welcome  :welcome_005: to the site from Toledo, Ohio.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 05:59:01 PM »

I watch these pretty close on ebay and Craigslist. The link below is all that are for sale on Craigslist as of today. Asking price is anywhere between $8K-$15K with the occasional idiot thinking they are still worth list. The ones that sell have been between $8-$10K. Probably not what you want to hear but that's the market.

Many of the folks with the blue flame bikes still think there were only 64 made and believe that commands a premium over the green. As has been proven on this site, there were actually 300 of the blue flame and 621 of the green flame manufactured.

With a bike that old, the extremely low miles are almost as much a detriment as they are a plus. People will be concerned that the bike has been stored and maintained properly and will be concerned that they will have to put several hundered $'s into bringing the bike to rideable condition.

JMHO

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=fxr3&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=craigslist.org&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:01:51 PM by Buy early »

Ols

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 08:33:36 PM »

All good points! Yes 8-10k is a little disappointing but not too surprising. Thanks for your insight. I may just try to get a premium price and if it doesn't sell, that's ok too.
Thanks again,
Mike

jayray00SERG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 08:51:03 PM »

Put some miles on it and it will sell easier. You will be out and about showing it to the buying public. Fun bike, 95"? You can get 10K from the right guy.

Ols

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 02:59:26 PM »

After riding the Fxr for a little bit, I think I'll have to keep it. It just handles exceptionally well and those green flames look amazing on it. Great website by the way, a lot of useful and interesting info.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 03:56:53 PM »

I watch these pretty close on ebay and Craigslist. The link below is all that are for sale on Craigslist as of today. Asking price is anywhere between $8K-$15K with the occasional idiot thinking they are still worth list. The ones that sell have been between $8-$10K. Probably not what you want to hear but that's the market.

Many of the folks with the blue flame bikes still think there were only 64 made and believe that commands a premium over the green. As has been proven on this site, there were actually 300 of the blue flame and 621 of the green flame manufactured.

With a bike that old, the extremely low miles are almost as much a detriment as they are a plus. People will be concerned that the bike has been stored and maintained properly and will be concerned that they will have to put several hundered $'s into bringing the bike to rideable condition.

JMHO

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=fxr3&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=craigslist.org&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

A nice example of what I was referring to. Don't expect this to last long.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/2953177482.html

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 04:07:20 PM »

The values of these bikes is all over the board....

IF you are an owner they are worth a lot. 

IF you are a buyer they are worth little.

IF you are a seller that wants to sell they are worth a lot more.

1200 miles on a bike is very few....there was one on ebay last month with 15 miles on it, it was an FXR4 I believe and it sold for around $14,000 but it hadn't been dropped. 

Another member here just purchased a 26,000 mile FXR4 Tangerine for $7,000.00

Probably not too many FXR2's FXR3's or FXR4's selling below $7,000.00 probably not too many selling for $14,000.00 either.

The population of these bikes is around 2,700, figure there are between 30-50 a year selling.

I would say the "CVO" element of these bikes is fading now but the "nostalgia" of an FXR is perhaps growing.

The next popular FXR's are the 1993 and 1994 versions....and they are going for around $7,000 $8,800.00.

I just think our FXR's are going to settle in under the $10,000 level at this time no matter their mileage.

Just goes to show you if you want an FXR2, FXR3, or FXR4 with low mileage there are probably 400 - 500 out there with owners that just enjoy the art work in their garages and aren't riding them....which is ok for the next waiting owner....

Geez, some of these parts to keep these bikes running are turning into GOLD....

So how is that for rambling.....lol

Value of your bike is $9,900.00

Regards,

Tim

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 06:53:50 PM »

Nice example of the breed. 1700 miles, reasonably priced. Don't know the bike or the owner.

http://sandusky.craigslist.org/mcy/2971639405.html

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 02:03:02 PM »

wow.....

That is a heck of a price as well....shaking my head....If I were wanting an 1999 FXR2 or FXR3 over an FXR4 that would be an excellent example of something I would purchase for sure.....

$8,000 with 1700 miles.....

Regards,

Tim

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.