Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: passing lamps  (Read 3702 times)

dep47

• Full CVO Member
  • What a color
passing lamps
« on: April 07, 2013, 03:53:02 PM »

I have the 010 SE5 Ultra CVO, and want to add the HD harness adapter( 69200441) so the passing lamps stay on with the high beam light.  I have a friend that has this harness that he took off of his 010 Ultra limited, but I am not sure it will work on the 010 CVO.  Has anyone used this harness, and know if it will work on my CVO.  Thanks for the help.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: passing lamps
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 04:01:51 PM »

I have the 010 SE5 Ultra CVO, and want to add the HD harness adapter( 69200441) so the passing lamps stay on with the high beam light.  I have a friend that has this harness that he took off of his 010 Ultra limited, but I am not sure it will work on the 010 CVO.  Has anyone used this harness, and know if it will work on my CVO.  Thanks for the help.

It will work on any Touring model with passing lamps, CVO or not.

"69200441     Fits '98-later Electra GlideĀ®, Street GlideĀ® and Trike models equipped with auxiliary lamps.

MSRP US $29.95"

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

dep47

• Full CVO Member
  • What a color
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 05:49:28 PM »

Thanks, I see the catalog is as you say, but the switches are different on the dash of the CVO so I thought it could be different.  I had the fairing off and could not seem to locate a connector that matched this harnessd, thus the question.  Guess I have to take the faring off again and look harder.  Thanks for the response.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 06:19:33 PM »

that connector is behind the lower fairing cap...   gotta take the ignition swith off to get at it...

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 06:53:13 PM »

I just bought the harness Friday, haven't installed it yet. I attached the instruction sheet that came with it. Maybe it'll help.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:12:30 PM by JoeVibe »

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 09:30:19 PM »

It's right where it shows in the picture in the above post.  If you take the outer fairing off to get to it, you'll have to dig behind a lot of other wires in the way, but it's in there.  When I put mine in, and then I went to put the lower screws back in the fairing, I couldn't figure out what was getting in the way and then I realized it was the harness I just put in.

zdaddy

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 10:39:32 PM »

I have installed three of the harnesses and didn't need to pull the switch. 09 Ultra, 05 Ultra CVO and 12 Ultra CVO. Just pulled the screws on the lower fairing cap for some wiggle room and was able to reach up and pull down the connector. A little tight but doable. Seems like I got the idea from an older thread on the forum.
2012 FLHTCUSE7
Electric Orange / Diamond Black

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 10:43:04 PM »

why not pull the switch? :confused5:    takes all of a minute and then you dont have to tug on anything?     After something breaks because it seems "doable"..  then its too late..     pull the switch :nixweiss:

SteveFLHTK

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 Tri Glide

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUTG
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 11:07:44 PM »

I installed mine last weekend.  Pulled the outer fairing, couldn't get enough room to pull the plug, pulled the switch, cap and had it done in minutes.

zdaddy

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 11:39:05 PM »

why not pull the switch? :confused5:    takes all of a minute and then you dont have to tug on anything?     After something breaks because it seems "doable"..  then its too late..     pull the switch :nixweiss:

I wasnt meaning any disrespect CVOSTU, it is just the way I did it following an old thread I read several years ago. It is only a minute to pull the switch if you like but I did not have to tug on anything. I just pulled the harness down and the "tight but doable" part was referring to releasing and reconnecting the connector. Sorry if it seemed I was dissing you.
2012 FLHTCUSE7
Electric Orange / Diamond Black

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 07:02:51 AM »

Noooooo. No worries here.   I'm good.  I was just meaning that while pulling and tugging I usually break or crack something.   Hate when that happens.    We're fine  :)

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 08:43:20 PM »

why not pull the switch? :confused5:    takes all of a minute and then you dont have to tug on anything?

Hi Stu,

I'm all for easy but I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Would you mind giving some details?

Thanks,

Joe

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 11:34:01 AM »

On the newer CVOs Ultras (don't know about other models) the ignition switch is part of the central locking system.  You must unplug its electrical connection to remove it and have to remove the outer fairing in order to access its connector.  Perhaps without unplugging it you could lift the ignition switch far enough so that you could raise the fairing cap enough for access to the plug the harness attaches to.   :nixweiss:  I found the connector which must be unplugged to fit the harness into is very difficult to get apart.  On my bike it was a bear to unplug and I needed full access to get both hands on it.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 02:11:39 PM »

Noooooo. No worries here.   I'm good.  I was just meaning that while pulling and tugging I usually break or crack something.   Hate when that happens.    We're fine  :)
The term Mrs. R uses on me is "MANHANDLED" :huepfenlol2: especially when she hears me say OOPS after something breaks.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 02:29:37 PM »

The term Mrs. R uses on me is "MANHANDLED" :huepfenlol2: especially when she hears me say OOPS after something breaks.

Are you certain what you say is "OOPS"?  I tend to use other words that also contain four letters, but usually not "OOPS".

Jerry ;D
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 03:31:52 PM »

Yes sometimes the word or words are different than oops :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.