Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Valvoline 20/50, Se tapered, no more tick tick tick  (Read 939 times)

wnogood

• Full CVO Member
Valvoline 20/50, Se tapered, no more tick tick tick
« on: May 20, 2013, 09:02:01 PM »

Readers digest version of my saga. I have been fighting a dreaded tick tick tick in my valve train for months. After much trial and error, and many visits into my lifters and pushrods, I believe the saga is over. I finally decided that my noise was clearly an interference issue between my s&s pushrods and my pushrod tubes. Unwilling to drill and mutilate my tubes to eliminate this, I opted to install a set of Se tapered pushrods. It appears that this did the trick.Gaterman 1023, Se tapered pushrods and some good old American crude!!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 09:11:12 PM by wnogood »

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

Re: Valvoline 20/50, Se tapered, no more tick tick tick
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 07:39:21 AM »

We have seen this as well  its not per say a name brand pushrods more so the size the 7/16 size in many case will make contact with the tube and in some cases no amount of work to the tube will correct this.. We have our made in a 3/8 for that very reason. With a 700 lbs load rating they get the job done as others just with out an noise issues.

This is issue is even not just about cam or milled heads ( that will effect it ) but being these are production engines you get variance from one to the next..  My own 2009 had issues with the rear EX.. During cam testing I had 3 sets of quick installs I tried all would hit on the rear with tube work completed. Cams from 255, 48, t man 625, woods 9B, S&S 585 625 and the crane 296.. ONLY on the rear ex.. Different heads , rockers and all ..  Bugged the crap out of me.. but testing is all about time when you are working on the dyno for back to back testing..

Glad you got it sorted out.. The ticking can drive you crazy ..
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.