Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: XM Radio, '06 SE Ultra...got a question or three  (Read 2715 times)

Ride VA

• FLHRSEI.ORG
XM Radio, '06 SE Ultra...got a question or three
« on: October 20, 2006, 09:22:09 PM »

Hey Guys and Gals,

Got my '06 today and was going through the owners manual. Looking at the reference to XM on Page 69 it states, "refer to operations manual for XM Radio for tuning and other operations".

I've completed a search of old posts but could not find the answer to the specific questions.

The question is...does the HK radio already have the XM function installed on the SE?
Okay, another question...How can you tell if it does or not?
Alright, last question...If it does how do you get the radio ID to display?

I think it was the only thing I forgot to ask the dealer about and also did not get an "XM operations manual" in my documentation.

Thanks a bunch...CW

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: XM Radio, '06 SE Ultra...got a question or thr
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 09:49:56 PM »

Yes the SE Ultras come with the XM radio module installed.

You access it my scrolling thru the various inupts, AM, FM, CD, Weatherband, etc.  There should be one for XM.

Tune XM to channel 1 and it will display your radio ID.  This is what you will need to activate it.  Tip - be sure you are outdoors when you call to activate it.  I was in the garage and reception is impaired so it never got the activation signal.  Works better if you can clearly "see" the big bird overhead.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Ride VA

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 09:53:19 PM »

Thanks a bunch!...headed to the garage...Cheers!..CW

Ride VA

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 10:44:55 PM »

Again, thanks for the help. Went to the garage (shed)...Seems I could already get all of the channels. Called XM and the previous owner of the bike had cancelled the service as of September 21.

Funny, I could still pick up all of the channels. The sweet young lady informed me that when a radio is activated it is direct to that radio and normally within 20 minutes but when it is cancelled it could take some time for the system to quit working. She said she has heard of it taking up to two months before it quit working via an old account. I had never heard that before :-?.

So I just moved my account from my other XM I had mouned on my '05 Ultra to the new one and I'm all set.

Cheers!...CW

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 11:31:50 AM »

This is the first bike I have had XM on. I used to plug my IPOD into my "old" 05 ultra. I probably will never use my IPOD on my bike ever again. Being able to listen to all types of music no matter where you are is great. The sound system on the SEUC seems to be much better as well. Must be that amp.  ;)

Ride VA

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 12:58:21 PM »

Same here. Had the H-D MP3 player on the '05 and the HD XM Radio handlebar mount. I did switch those speakers to the Hogtunes and that made a difference in sound over stock. Now with the SE the sound to me is great and the XM and MP3 give me more room to hook up the coffee pot to the handlebars :).

Cheers!...CW

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 05:13:51 PM »

Getting settled into the new bike I see, thats good....hope your enjoyin it, the heated grips and seat come in handy with the temps we've been havin.  Been gone for a bit, had back surgery last Tuesday, still doing alot of  PK's and could use alot more.......perhaps I'll get back on mine before the white stuff hits the ground.

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 05:25:06 PM »

Getting settled into the new bike I see, thats good....hope your enjoyin it, the heated grips and seat come in handy with the temps we've been havin.

cvTony

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 05:35:29 PM »

Getting settled into the new bike I see, thats good....hope your enjoyin it, the heated grips and seat come in handy with the temps we've been havin.
2006 FLHTCUSE B/C
1993 Sportster 883/1220
1990 FLHTC Peace Officer S/E (gone and missed)
1974 XLCH 1000 (gone, thank God)

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 05:52:40 PM »

Hope you're back in the saddle soon FR8TRN! Back surgery ... tough stuff. B!tch to get old isn't it??

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 05:56:54 PM »

Been there twice, but knock on wood...20 yrs since last cut. Best of luck to you and by spring I hope you're as good as new, if not sooner. About the topic - Sirius has better programming IMO, I'd rather burn CDs of stuff I like than use the XM. Maybe next season XM will have better programming. Of the (what, 175 channels?) I regularly only listened to about 6.

Thanks, but I better feel a whole lot better long before spring comes around, this pain $hit is gettin old quick.

I like Sirius better also, mostly for the Margaritaville Station, but other than that I find the 2 to be about the same.  I'm not into the big draws like Stern and sports this or that, so it's just a music thing for me.  We have Sirius cause it comes with our Dish Network, no extra charge, so I usually listen to it around the house, and have XM on the bike and in my Denali....so I'm taken care of on the road also.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 08:27:30 PM »

Been there twice, but knock on wood...20 yrs since last cut. Best of luck to you and by spring I hope you're as good as new, if not sooner. About the topic - Sirius has better programming IMO, I'd rather burn CDs of stuff I like than use the XM. Maybe next season XM will have better programming. [highlight]Of the (what, 175 channels?) I regularly only listened to about 6.[/highlight]

Hey Tony......... you need to expand your music versatility!! [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 07:28:16 AM »

Of the 175 channels, I only use one.   ;D Bluesville  # 74.  I've tried a few other channels but nothing stuck.  In the truck a while back my wife made me listen to country # 16, but they repeat songs too much. Just returned from a 3 day Texas hill country trip and was on Bluesville the whole time and never heard one  song repeated.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 07:47:21 AM »

Of the 175 channels, I only use one.

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 08:11:56 AM »

I far prefer Sirius as the other Parrotheads mentioned but I also am a football nut and love the NFL coverage there. And NASCAR next year as well.  I had heard mention of an integrated module that was coming for Sirius.  Anybody hear anything on that?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.