Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Georgia Rattler  (Read 6188 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Georgia Rattler
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 07:52:28 PM »

d00d come on down south and you can take a picture of one yourself there out and about most days
Oh hell no!!!! :nervous: :nervous:

We (Fire Dept) always get calls about rodents (possums, squirrels, bats, snakes, etc.) in peoples houses and I told them if I ever had to go on one of those calls they would have one gigantic bill to fix that house... I'm going in w/an axe and not stop chopping/swinging until whatever creature is in there is in a thousand pieces. Needless to say I've never had to go inside to retrieve said animals. :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

jcraig147

• Full CVO Member
  • Batmobike 757 of 999

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-BLK
    • CVO2: 2004 Fatboy
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 08:01:28 PM »

Makes for a good discussion, however, I would guess that picture is doctored.
Fullsac Stage 1, 2 in Cores, TTS Tuner

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 08:24:29 PM »

Oh hell no!!!! :nervous: :nervous:

We (Fire Dept) always get calls about rodents (possums, squirrels, bats, snakes, etc.) in peoples houses and I told them if I ever had to go on one of those calls they would have one gigantic bill to fix that house... I'm going in w/an axe and not stop chopping/swinging until whatever creature is in there is in a thousand pieces. Needless to say I've never had to go inside to retrieve said animals. :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

d00d, 
you go after a snake like that with a swinging axe, I will bet he gets you before you get him

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 08:56:14 PM »

So you stop and take a picture?? :nervous: :zstupid: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

dOOd it's called a ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOM lense :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 08:59:43 PM »

dOOd it's called a ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOM lense :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

It would have to be a strong zoooom lens for me.... something strong like I can be in Va and take the picture of that snake in AR. :D :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 11:28:42 PM »

Grew up in Georgia and have seen plenty of rat-lers up to about 6 feet. Living next to woods, there were copperheads, rattlers, water mocs, and puff-adders. The scarest were the black snakes cause those damn fool snakes would chase you... With rattlers, Even the short ones can be really fat. I remember in the 5th grade a copperhead fell down the chimney into our fireplace and then made a mad dash under the coutch. Mom, my sister, and myself were jumping up and down screaming for dad to kill it. Wish I had a camera, the look on his face was priceless. kinda thought he was gonna just leave us for a minute. He finally killed it after chasing it all over the damn house. Maybe that's why I don't sleep too good...

jb

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 12:45:34 AM »

Grew up in Georgia and have seen plenty of rat-lers up to about 6 feet. Living next to woods, there were copperheads, rattlers, water mocs, and puff-adders. The scarest were the black snakes cause those damn fool snakes would chase you... With rattlers, Even the short ones can be really fat. I remember in the 5th grade a copperhead fell down the chimney into our fireplace and then made a mad dash under the coutch. Mom, my sister, and myself were jumping up and down screaming for dad to kill it. Wish I had a camera, the look on his face was priceless. kinda thought he was gonna just leave us for a minute. He finally killed it after chasing it all over the damn house. Maybe that's why I don't sleep too good...

jb
The most aggressive are the moccassins.  They'll chase you also and unlike the black snakes, they're poisonous.  At least the rattlers give you some warning before striking....those damned water mocs are silent but deadly.  :nervous:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

southtxcruiser

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 1990 Heritage Softail
    • CVO3: 2005 Saxon Sceptre
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010, 01:23:01 AM »

if u look at the pic he isnt having too hard of a time holding that thing up.... something that big would weight alot.... that has to be a doctored photo  :oops:

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2010, 08:50:30 AM »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

grinner

• Happy Idiot
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: No CVO's At Present
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2010, 10:09:30 AM »

I was dove hunting along a creek one day a few years ago in Alexandria, Louisiana and came up on a cottonmouth.  Sucker reared up and charged me - I did mention I was dove hunting, right?  Bad move for the cottonmouth, lost his head I guess....... scared the crap out of me though.......

A North Georgia neighbor came by my house a couple of weeks ago with a rattler he had just shot.  11 rattles and a button.  He wasn't very long, about 4 1/2 feet, but was as big around as my upper arm.

The head on the one in this thread is bigger than my fist.  I have spent a ton of time outdoors and seen thousands of snakes, but never seen a rattler as big as this one......

Grinner
1988 Honda Hurricane
2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
2008 Aprilia RSVr (track)
2008 Honda GL1800
2009 Aprilia Tuono 1000R (track)
2009 Aprilia RSVR
2011 BMW G650GS (dual)
2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC (Screamer)
2012 HD XR1200x Sportster

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 08:26:42 PM »

I was dove hunting along a creek one day a few years ago in Alexandria, Louisiana and came up on a cottonmouth.  Sucker reared up and charged me - I did mention I was dove hunting, right?  Bad move for the cottonmouth, lost his head I guess....... scared the crap out of me though.......

A North Georgia neighbor came by my house a couple of weeks ago with a rattler he had just shot.  11 rattles and a button.  He wasn't very long, about 4 1/2 feet, but was as big around as my upper arm.

The head on the one in this thread is bigger than my fist.  I have spent a ton of time outdoors and seen thousands of snakes, but never seen a rattler as big as this one......

Grinner
i too have many years outdoors. never i have a snake that resembled something the size of this one.not that i doubt they exist. but in tn. killing of snakes is illegal they are a none game species. song birds are a none game species. sooooo do you think wildlife resources could prosecute. could these guys be in trouble and not even realize it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 08:52:28 PM by smkymtnboy »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 09:33:15 PM »

i too have many years outdoors. never i have a snake that resembled something the size of this one.not that i doubt they exist. but in tn. killing of snakes is illegal they are a none game species. song birds are a none game species. sooooo do you think wildlife resources could prosecute. could these guys be in trouble and not even realize it.
Self-defense.  ;)  har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

CBW

• 1K CVO Member
  • HOG,AMA,ABATE
    • PA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • CVO2: 2009 FXDFSE
    • CVO3: 1984 FXE,1964 FLH
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 03:39:19 PM »

thats a BIG one  :2vrolijk_21:
RIDE SAFE and Never RIDE faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 03:48:47 PM »

That snake is on the end of a long stick that holds it (I'm guessing) 6 feet closer to the camera than the dude holding it.  Look again how he's holding it.  It's a gig spear or small pitch fork or something.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 24 queries.