Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Argentina Dove Hunt  (Read 7909 times)

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
Re: Argentina Dove Hunt
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2010, 09:05:46 AM »

As Kraut said, don't confuse hunting with shooting. This was shooting, plain and simple. Actually, pretty much mass slaughter. I used to hunt and finally gave it up when I realized that I was taking animals out of the gene pool that would result in less future magnificent animals for all to see, enjoy and have a sense of wonderment about. Obviously there are others on this website who don't think that way or care about such things.

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2010, 09:23:51 AM »

As Kraut said, don't confuse hunting with shooting. This was shooting, plain and simple. Actually, pretty much mass slaughter. I used to hunt and finally gave it up when I realized that I was taking animals out of the gene pool that would result in less future magnificent animals for all to see, enjoy and have a sense of wonderment about. Obviously there are others on this website who don't think that way or care about such things.

I like to see these magnificent animals too.......

Especially when you make a good shot and they fall to the ground out of a cloud of feathers!

Guess the title of this thread should have been "Argentina Dove Shoot".  What every you call it, it was fun!  Also the area where we hunted shot has from 30 to 50 million doves at any given time.  There are seven lodges in the area that have been hunting shooting for 20 years and the Dove population continues to grow!  I don't think the gene pool is being hurt, in fact, it's probably been helped since the faster birds are much harder to hit.  Also, you may want to consider the damage done by these birds to the crops in the area.

If you and Kraut aren't already a member, you may want to consider joining this site.  Looks like they have a chapter in Germany!
 :2vrolijk_21:

https://secure.peta.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=donate&df_id=3740&3740.donation=form1
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:41:46 AM by 07hd110 »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2010, 10:19:15 AM »

Maybe next time we'll hunt shoot pigeons (cousin of the dove)!  Seems those bastards can be pretty dangerous!
 :'(

http://blogs.discovery.com/the_mole/2010/08/mole-alert-theyre-not-gonna-take-it-anymore.html?campaign=top_news
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:24:22 AM by 07hd110 »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2010, 10:34:39 AM »

Glad you enjoyed yourself Tommy ... you Evil .. Evil man!!!!   ;)   :drink:

Still not as evil as Twolane however

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 04:50:39 PM by GH »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2010, 10:38:02 AM »

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Glad to see everyone made it back, dick in hand.

Those green devil birds need to die...They raise hell on electric stations down here..

If only we could shoot deer like that (to feed the hungry) , maybe a few more riders would be around.

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2010, 10:45:20 AM »

Glad you enjoyed yourself Tommy ... you Evil .. Evil man!!!!    ;)   :drink:

That's me!  And a pretty fair shot too!
 :2vrolijk_21:

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2010, 03:04:17 PM »

Are wonderment of animals and hunting mutually exclusive?

I am not sure where you are trying to take this, taking the "righteous" or "moral" road, but I doubt you can change many minds with a blog site such as this.

Did you know that most Motorcycle rides are discretionary and UN warranted and wasting valuable resources might be considered offensive by some?

If you eat meat are you not propagating an industry that is considered inhuman by some?

If you are a Vegan, I respect your decision otherwise you could fall into the Hypocrite's Abyss.

I think that hunters have done way more good than harm to our environment.

The revenue generated by this group funds wildlife management.

I have seen many birds return to our area, Wild turkey, Pheasant, grouse and many other that had become scarce.
I give the credit to the state Game commission for this success.

Which happens to be almost fully funded by hunters.

Go save the Whales on another site......

Does anyone else watch that show "whale wars" hoping the anti whaling boat sinks?

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2010, 03:29:57 PM »

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Glad to see everyone made it back, dick in hand.

Those green devil birds need to die...They raise hell on electric stations down here..

If only we could shoot deer like that (to feed the hungry) , maybe a few more riders would be around.

U can!  At night with a spot light and rifle!  Just be prepaired to loose your truck, gun and some cash!  Also, be careful and don't shoot Dick!
 :)

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2010, 07:23:03 PM »

don't get me wrong - I do respect other countries laws, traditions, habits and ethics - and other peoples views.

But as I for myself see it, shooting is a sport, in my country legally exercised on clay pidgeons only  ;)

Whereas hunting is a trade and game as life pidgeons or dove as you call them are in my country will only be legally shot at by skilled holders of a hunting licence obeying all ethnical and other standards of this ancient artisanry.

After those standards the hunter aims at individual creatures (whereas the shooter selects indiscriminate targets). The hunter will never let anybody else load his weapon or retrieve his prey as long as he's not handicapped. He will keep track of each and every creature he shot at and not aim on another one before he satisfied himself of the fate of his prey. So the hunter will never be able to spend anything near 1.000 rounds a day.

I'm perfectly well aware in other countries hunting is regarded as a sport and the difference between hunting and shooting hence without much significance any more. But you will realise hunting in all cultures originally was a trade and only modern firearms introduced "shooting sport".

I will not even try to force my view of this topic onto you or anybody else - I can't see a moral point in this matter and I don't believe my point of view to be in any respect "better" than anybody else's. But on the other hand I don't see a valid reason I should not even express my view of things and would very much appreciate if you would respect my traditions and views as much as I do respect yours.

Especially I would prefer not even hinting at "accidents" possibly to happen to people of adverse opinion on the range - as jokingly as this remark may be intended  ;)

In my overregulated country you might quite likely loose your license for such a remark - no joke.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2010, 01:53:20 PM »

before anyone takes anymore personal shots i'm locking this one
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 24 queries.