Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ceramic coating  (Read 6280 times)

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Ceramic coating
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 10:13:59 PM »

McKee's 37 is a product line, not a single ceramic product for paint, they have Leather care. paint care, tire care etc. all under the Mckee's 37 logo.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 05:47:48 PM »

McKee's 37 is a product line, not a single ceramic product for paint, they have Leather care. paint care, tire care etc. all under the Mckee's 37 logo.
Correct and they do have an impressive array of products.  Just did my trike this weekend with their prop products and ceramic coating.  Pretty easy all in all and looks great.  Hardest part was the washing and cleaning.  Put it under halogen work lights in the garage after a thorough washing.  Thought it was clean but my oh my there was still quite a bit of bug residue and road grime that had not come off with washing.  Good prep work makes all the difference.  Hoping it will hold up for a couple years.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

DOCGSS

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 2020 CVO STREET GLIDE
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2019, 03:06:17 PM »

I have coated my cars and pickup. The coating I chose is Modesta B-4. It is a Japanese product and they are very particular about their installers and have no DIY applications that I know of. It is simply amazing, in that I have not waxed for years. They have two wipe on applications that you apple very other wash to renew the hydrophobic effect. The cars were prepped to the point there were absolutely nostrils prior to coating and curing. The other comments are what I have found. There is no product that will eliminate washing or allow the breeze to blow off debris. One warning you cannot use any waxes even soaps with waxes, or it will cause streaking on the ceramic surface, that is difficult to remove.

Short of a full ceramic coating I have used Glare products on my bikes and have been very happy with the finish, but this is a polish and sealer not a ceramic coating.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 24 queries.