Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: Six speed, HD or Baker?  (Read 31619 times)

BK

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Six speed, HD or Baker?
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2006, 06:19:56 AM »

SanJose, don't blame yourself for the dealers poor workmanship. Get after them and good luck.

Big Al

• If not now, when?
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2002 FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO3: 2024 RA1250SE
    • T. Allan Hamilton
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2006, 04:03:26 PM »

Sanjoseduke- What an painful story.
Big Al
1999 FLHTCU/I w. Hack (Kaz' ride)- Sold
2006 FLHTCUSE- Hit a deer- Written off
2013 Tri-glide- Sold
2012 BMW K1600GTL- Commuter
2016 FLTRU Road Glide Ultra Limited- Sold
2024 RA1250-SE- CVO Pan America

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2006, 07:02:12 PM »

Damn Duke, sorry to hear that about the new 6-speed! I'll be changing my lubes  shortly and will definitely pay some attention to the tranny, since it has about 600 miles on the 6-speed and the install sheet says to change after initial 500 or so. Sounds like they either did not flush it out completly after the grinding or there was a gear or bearing failure in the new gear set.  >:(   Keep us posted on the verdict and what they do as far as finding you a set sooner than 2 weeks!
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Nasty Habit

• Full CVO Member
  • Starting Dec. 22nd, you can say Summer's Comming
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2006, 11:23:40 AM »

I had the SE 6 installed on my scoot about 9 weeks ago. I have now accumulated over 3,000 miles on it, and it (appears) to be flawless. My dealer NEVER told me about getting the fluid changed @ 500 miles. It was my friend CVO Joe who informed me (thank God for him, this site and all who reside here) so I didn't just go on assuming all was fine. If any pieces, parts, or metal chips were found, no one at the dealer told me about that. I suspect that they wouldn't do it anyway, but one never knows if one can really find an honest H-D dealer. I absolutely love it. I did this to lower the RPM's, like everyone else did, for those highway speeds (I ride a lot of long distance miles) and the fact that this smaller drop in RPM (500+/-) was worth this additional cost for my m/c. I agree that it isn't much help in riding those twistys that abound where I live. It does help, on a daily basis, when I choose to take the speed up, and over 60 mph. I am constantly "forgetting" that I have a 6th gear. Took some getting used to. Nice effect is when you are next to another HD and you are accelerating together, and you hear each other shift at almost the exact time/RPM. Well the fun begins when he hears you kick in the 6th. Looks will describe his amazement as the noise level drops, and the bike edges foreword... WTF? I still believe that this was the right decision. I can see how easily a dealer could "forget" to modify the case, thus leaving the extra metal to do its' damage. I suppose that I wouldn't care about which tranny I used (no HD loyality here), but that lower 6th was what got me.
Just my 1-1/2 cents worth.
NH
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, cold beer in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and yelling WHO, HOO! What a Ride...

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2006, 12:09:04 AM »

Damn Duke, sorry to hear that about the new 6-speed! I'll be changing my lubes
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2006, 01:23:43 AM »

Seeing I started this post I thought I'd bring you up to date on my decision and how it went.

I posted part of this in another post sorry for the replication.

13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

Canuck

• Senior CVO Member
  • "True North strong and free"

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2006, 01:46:25 AM »

Congratulations Duke!  I am glad you were able to get the bike sooner.  Look forward to a little race in Cripple Creek [smiley=nervous.gif].

Canuck
Crazy Canuck

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2006, 10:12:03 AM »

Congratulations Duke!
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

Big Al

• If not now, when?
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• T. Allan Hamilton
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2006, 10:17:29 AM »

Wow I feel like a kid again. I've already blown away all my local non-CVO riders with their 88 bikes with 95 & 103 kits installed. No contest. We should be very close to neck & neck. I
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 10:18:08 AM by Big_Al »
Big Al
2013 Tri-glide- Sold

Big Al

• If not now, when?
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• T. Allan Hamilton
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2006, 12:46:54 AM »

Duke

Follow up to my story about the lonely FatCats in my garage. ...I check again to see if my map is ready...So Pat from Zippers tells me they are close but not yet. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

He says they DO have a TM map for the D&D with gear drive 575 redshift cams and the 50mm throttle body w. SE 'like' AC. ("pulls like a freight train he says...") So I did it.  Ordered the whole thing...

Should be in next week. [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] Not in time for Cripple Creek...But we will be there...Need to check rooms etc...
Big Al
2013 Tri-glide- Sold

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2006, 05:40:38 PM »

Well on a little different note. My buddy who I posted earlier about all his problems with his AIH has now gone through 2 baker 6 speeds in less than a year. He doesn't beat the snot out of his bike either. maybe he just has real chitty luck,I dunno. just chirping in my .02.  Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

need4speed

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2006, 02:11:06 PM »

I have the Baker DD6 in my 06 FLHTCUSE. The engine is making 105HP and 112TQ and pulls just fine in 6th at 50 mph and above. I have never had to downshift.
I chose the DD6 because the ratios are the same in the HD6 as they are in the DD6 1-5. 6th is the overdirve. In 6th gear in a DD6 it is direct drive and there is no gear noise or parasitic loss due to going thru 4 gears to make the overdrive in the HD6. I even use it driving thru town cruising at 40mph. Much less engine and exhaust noise.
I "raced" a friend of mine on his, stock except pipes, 88" Softail Deluxe. He was in 5th I was in 6th at 35 mph. We both hammered the throttle and I pulled him very slightly at 1st and then started walking away from him. My bike outweighs his by about 200 lbs.
11 SE Street Glide Black/Crimson
10 SE Ultra the Black one #991
2 - 06 Destroyers
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 20 queries.