Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Equipping King Tour Pak  (Read 1623 times)

rogercm

• Roger Street Glide

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE
Equipping King Tour Pak
« on: December 30, 2015, 07:43:13 AM »

Anybody out there have a parts list to add Stage 2 Boom Audio speakers with Amplifier to their CVO Street Glide? I specifically would like to know which amplifier you ordered, wiring harness, and where you installed the amplifier to
allow the tour pak to be removable. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

15FLHXSE

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WV

Re: Equipping King Tour Pak
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 02:42:23 PM »

Bump - I'm planning on doing this as a winter project, but haven't compiled a parts list yet.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 12:07:46 AM »

Tiff II is really the man to talk to about stereo upgrades.  I'm pretty sure he installed tour pak speakers.  I know he went with Hybrid Audio Technologies speakers all the way around.  He also used two amps and placed them both in the fairing.

I also went with the HAT speakers and larger size than stock on Tiff II's advice.  I went with one big Biketronics amp under the fairing.  I couldn't get two to fit.  I went with larger saddlebag speakers and I wish I would of just added tour pak speakers.  The large speakers in the bags just take up way too much room and make the lids extremely heavy.  It sounds good, but I think I'll change it around a little this winter.  Maybe Rich will jump in here and give us his latest advice on a kick ass system.

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

rogercm

• Roger Street Glide

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 02:37:05 PM »

Harley shows 3 different amplifiers, one for the fairing, one for the tour pak, and one for the saddle bags.Not sure which I would order for a removable tour pak option.  An HD technician from the dealership said the amplifier has to go in the other saddlebag and two HD amps won't fit in the fairing and that it has to stay on the bike versus being in the tour pak in order for the radio to be hooked to the amplifier even if the tour pack is off. Hopefully someone on this forum did this with Harley components on a 15 or 16 FLHXSE.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 06:58:09 PM »

Harley Davidson is not an electronics company.  If you want quality electronics that cost less than HD's you need to do some research. 

The two amps that Tif2 used were I believe Rockford Fosgate 300's.  He fit both in the fairing.  Anything that you put in your saddlebag reduces the room in the saddlebag.  Check out these site's:

http://soundzcustomz.com/

http://www.biketronics.com/

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 22 queries.