Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stretch Saddlebag Nostalgia Guards  (Read 2287 times)

harleychef2011

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 Road King - Tribal Orange & Galactic Black
Stretch Saddlebag Nostalgia Guards
« on: September 06, 2016, 11:14:26 PM »

I had a 2010 Road King with hard bags that I was able to put on the Nostalgia saddlebag guards and it looked awesome!  Now I have a '14 CVO with the stretched saddlebags... obviously none available through the moco will fit.  I was thinking that a set of the nostalgia saddlebag guards could be retrofit by a fabricator (added tubing, extensions, etc.) and re-powder coated?  You think this would be possible or obscenely cost prohibitive?

Thoughts?
2014 CVO Road King
V&H Power Duals
V&H Carbon Fiber Tip Pipes
HD Super Tuner & Dyno - 98.7 HP 112.9TQ
RoadTech 665 GPS
Mucho HD Add-Ons!!!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: Stretch Saddlebag Nostalgia Guards
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 11:53:30 PM »

I think that would look terrible. .  Never did like the look of those. .  You have stretched bags... Why would you want to put anything around them?  :confused5:

ultrarider123

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 07:31:13 AM »

I think that would look terrible. .  Never did like the look of those. .  You have stretched bags... Why would you want to put anything around them?  :confused5:

Well, don't beat around the bush there Stu, tell him how you really feel.... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3:

I had a 2010 Road King with hard bags that I was able to put on the Nostalgia saddlebag guards and it looked awesome!  Now I have a '14 CVO with the stretched saddlebags... obviously none available through the moco will fit.  I was thinking that a set of the nostalgia saddlebag guards could be retrofit by a fabricator (added tubing, extensions, etc.) and re-powder coated?  You think this would be possible or obscenely cost prohibitive?
Thoughts?

Chef, to answer your inquiry, yes, anything is possible if you have the time and resources....which actually answers both questions  :2vrolijk_21:
And I agree with Stu that anything blocking the looks of the extended bags may not look as nice as what you did on your 2010.  Why not have someone in fabrication draw up (CAD) your proposal and see how that looks to you?  If you don't like it, you go on your way.  If you do, then decide if the cost is worth it... :)

harleychef2011

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 Road King - Tribal Orange & Galactic Black
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 03:26:37 PM »

Ha!  That's ok Haird...I have thick skin.  You know the saying....don't ask the question if you aren't prepared for the answer!

The picture is of my 2010 with the bars on...got LOTS of compliments.  To answer the question Stu...I think the styling would look good and unique...if done correctly...but yes, Haird...I would want to see it first.  I like your idea.  The stretch bags have a unique contour (they aren't the same length all the way around) so it might not even look "right".  I've got $40k into this f$%*er....aint about to put some bad "lipstick" on her!  Ha!!

2014 CVO Road King
V&H Power Duals
V&H Carbon Fiber Tip Pipes
HD Super Tuner & Dyno - 98.7 HP 112.9TQ
RoadTech 665 GPS
Mucho HD Add-Ons!!!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 07:43:15 PM »

To each his own, but those things looked like crap on a regular bike, the would really suck with extended bags.

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 08:25:46 PM »

They may look like crap to some people but they saved my Wifes' life while she was sliding down the Interstate at 55 MPH. They kept the Bike from trapping here, it slid on the engine guard and Nostalgic Bars.

:bananarock: :bananarock:

Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Page created in 0.85 seconds with 22 queries.