Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Newbee 1st Bike SERK Need Help Please  (Read 833 times)

Underdogg

• Junior CVO Member
Newbee 1st Bike SERK Need Help Please
« on: July 01, 2008, 01:22:20 AM »

I have upgraded my air cleaner to a SE heavy Breather. Will be adding V&H Monster Ovals, True Duels, and SERT to finish her off. Does anyone know where I can get a map for the race tuner. Don't want to dyno as I am not looking for maximum performance, just reliable operations.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Newbee 1st Bike SERK Need Help Please
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 01:25:31 AM »

I have upgraded my air cleaner to a SE heavy Breather. Will be adding V&H Monster Ovals, True Duels, and SERT to finish her off. Does anyone know where I can get a map for the race tuner. Don't want to dyno as I am not looking for maximum performance, just reliable operations.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Read through the section of the site you'll find at the following link:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?board=28.0

Yours is a relatively standard type of combination.  Nothing replaces an actual tune of your bike.  But scan through that section and you'll likely find something close.

Spike

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 vrscse-sold
    • CVO2: 07 flhrse
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 09:00:22 AM »

If I were you, I would still go for the dyno tune. A canned map will only get you in the ballpark. Every bike is so different beacuse all motor tolerances are not the same. Thats to say not evey part inside your motor is the exact same as the next guys. Some motors will be tighter than others and some will be way looser. Also, a canned map could also have been created in an enviroment thats not ideal to for where you live. In the end, you have already spent the big money on the bike. Spend a little money and make sure it runs right. JMO

Navarre

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »

The heavy breather, V&H true duals and SERT will significantly change your air/fuel mixture and she just won't run right without the Dyno and remapping.
check with your shop and the service department not doing it could void your warranty.

once first break in & service is done 1,600 km ( canadian's were different!) follow proper break in...
I am doing same cept for the reinhart true duals, heavy breather, "SERT" fuel remapping and dyno time to tweak her! :orange:  could see as much as 20 to 28 HP gain for me that is the best money I will ever spend to improve performance & fuel economy!  :huepfenjump3:

Michael
2008 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Midnight Blue w Blue lacquer Ghost Flames
Rinehart True Duals
SE Heavy Breather
SE Race Tuner

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.