Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sting Ray Seat  (Read 2061 times)

chromeDiva

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Sting Ray Seat
« on: August 02, 2004, 06:13:40 PM »

I wanted to know from other Serk riders if they were having problems with their stingray seats cracking. I was in West Virginia two weeks ago having my oil changed and the service manager asked if I had a problem with my seat. He said that he had a local customer who had a problem with his seat cracking. He said it took awhile for him to get a new seat out of Harley but finally he did. Just wanted to know if any of you had experienced this problem and what you did to correct it.

Thanks,
Laurie

Glave

• Full CVO Member
  • There is no substition for Cubic Inches!
Re: Sting Ray Seat
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 07:37:39 PM »

I had the OEM skin taken out of my OEM seat and put in my Mustang seat.  Looks pretty cool.  Have a great upholstery person here in town.  The only thing I have notice is a slight yellowing of the Sting Ray birth mark.  Bike is garge kept so not exposed to the sun other than riding.  20K on the bike so far and sturgis bound! so I don't leave it in the garge that often  [smiley=laugh.gif]
'02 FLHRSEI,  Thunder Header,K&N Highflow  Air, Power Commander III

sponserv

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 04:01:08 PM »

Birth mark? Birth mark?

Chrome Diva told me that the white mark is where they cut the hide off the sting ray at its tail. Does anyone actually know what this is?

Curious as hell.
02 FLHRSEI Purple
88 Signature Edition Carrera
07 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
04 4 Slide Holiday Rambler Navigator
04 Black 1500 4wd Silverado
02 Grady White Gulfstream 232
Lots o' toys but no time to play

STICKMAN

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 11:46:20 AM »

Hey SPONSERVE I was wondering the same thing. Look 9 topics below this one to STING RAY "EYES" it explains it all. I didn't care for the looks of the original seat and it was uncomfortable on long rides. I put the plain leather Harley seat on at it is much more comfortable. People also comment on how it  " FITS "  the bike (looks wise).
STICKMAN

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.