Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Moveable Bike Lifts  (Read 4327 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Moveable Bike Lifts
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 02:01:52 PM »

Been fielding questions via PM about my saddlebag stand.  Was discussed here a ways back, but if you go to http://www.bagrrest.com/ you'll find it and be able to purchase one for yourself.  When I bought mine, he was offering a 10% discount to CVO Harley members.

I'm sure someone has the time and knows how to pull up the old BagrRest thread.

Several different products mentioned in a thread with the surprisingly accurate title of "Saddlebag Stands."

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=16517.0

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 04:00:13 PM »

Getting a J&S as a Christmas present.  Might as well drop the hint about the saddlebag stand.  Ho Ho Ho!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 07:23:17 PM »

Getting a J&S as a Christmas present.  Might as well drop the hint about the saddlebag stand.  Ho Ho Ho!
Shameless.  ::) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

aushog

• 2008 Frosty
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 09:54:15 PM »

Be careful with the Sears lift. I bought 1 last year and then began reading others comments. Went out to the garage, lifted the bike and wasn't too secure with the movement, so I took it back and bought a J&S. It's great.

The sears lift does flex if you push the front or read of the bike up/down.  I would not use it if you plan to do heavy work on the bike.

I use mine for light stuff, working inside the fairing, washing, other stuff that doesn't require a lot of muscle or torque.  It's fine for that.

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 10:10:38 PM »

You are going to score HUGE for Christmas.  Congratulations.  You'll love the equipment.

REGGAB

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 10:13:15 PM »

The sears lift does flex if you push the front or read of the bike up/down.  I would not use it if you plan to do heavy work on the bike.

I use mine for light stuff, working inside the fairing, washing, other stuff that doesn't require a lot of muscle or torque.  It's fine for that.

I did the same same thing with my cheapo Walmart jack.  Then...........the bike was stuck on it after the TWR install, since the bottle jack broke.  Immediately bought a J&S.  The old Walmart jack is somewhere on the bottom of Guntersville Lake.   ;D

jwygo

• JWYGO
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 105th
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 11:14:46 PM »

J&S is the way to go.  The Sears is too flimsy with the bike in the air.  I tried to use the provided straps and never got it worked out to my satisfaction.  I've actually sat on the bike while my wife moved the J&S jack around the garage just to prove to myself it was stable in the air.  Some things you just have to pay the money for. 

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 11:18:18 PM »

J&S is the way to go.  The Sears is too flimsy with the bike in the air.  I tried to use the provided straps and never got it worked out to my satisfaction.  I've actually sat on the bike while my wife moved the J&S jack around the garage just to prove to myself it was stable in the air.  Some things you just have to pay the money for. 
:worthless:   :) har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

REGGAB

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 11:21:34 PM »

You got that right.  Haven't tried your experiment yet, but as easy as the bike is to move on the J&S, I'm confident all 107 pounds of Renea could move the jack, the bike and me as an assembly wherever she wanted within the garage.
Good stuff has a price.   :2vrolijk_21:

jwygo

• JWYGO
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 105th
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2008, 09:03:21 PM »

SPYDGLIDE:  You're right.  That picture of me getting a free ride would have been pretty cool to share.  But the moment is lost in time and is now only a figment of my imagination.  Oh Well.   

REGGAB

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2008, 11:03:40 PM »

SPYDGLIDE:  You're right.  That picture of me getting a free ride would have been pretty cool to share.  But the moment is lost in time and is now only a figment of my imagination.  Oh Well.   

There's never a camera around when you need one.   ;D

aushog

• 2008 Frosty
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2008, 09:11:01 PM »

Looked at the J and S video - why buy anything else?

Jon Seddon

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4 - Big Bertha
    • CVO2: Non CVO - Softail Deluxe (wife's) lady lou
    • CVO3: Non CVO - Triumph T160 Trident/Ducati 900ss (I hope)
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 04:39:49 AM »

Looked at the J and S video - why buy anything else?

I know, them and the Pitbulls do look great - the only problem is getting them to the UK for me. J&S email address doesn't seem to work for me and Pitbull haven't yet quoted for delivery - but can you imagine 130kg in a box to the UK.

Anybody, anywhere used an ABBA Super Lift - seems the highest quality one I can find in the UK?

Jon

REGGAB

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008, 08:29:07 AM »

I know, them and the Pitbulls do look great - the only problem is getting them to the UK for me. J&S email address doesn't seem to work for me and Pitbull haven't yet quoted for delivery - but can you imagine 130kg in a box to the UK.

Anybody, anywhere used an ABBA Super Lift - seems the highest quality one I can find in the UK?

Jon

It's been so long now, Jon, I've forgotten the shipping charge.  I think it was free.......but what surprised me was it came via UPS.  I know that thing weighs more than 70 lbs.  Anyway, I could try to contact them for you and see how much it would cost to get one of their jacks across the pond.  I think it would be worth the price.  They're mighty nice.  Anyway, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Henry

Jon Seddon

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4 - Big Bertha
    • CVO2: Non CVO - Softail Deluxe (wife's) lady lou
    • CVO3: Non CVO - Triumph T160 Trident/Ducati 900ss (I hope)
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2008, 08:53:47 AM »

Yes please, try and find out for me.

Have a Great Christmas

Jon
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 25 queries.