Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Softail® Convertible

SE platinum spark plugs?

(1/4) > >>

porkypig:
Has anybody changed their standard issue plugs for the SE plug?  Is there anything else involved other than making sure they are gapped correctly and torqued correctly?
At $15 a pair, I thought it might make a difference in how it runs.  Was surprised when the bike came with standard plugs.    :nixweiss:

Fired00d:
Have used the SE plugs before and saw no difference... save your money, change regular plugs more often, and get you some chrome with the money you'll save.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Talon:
There's been a lot said about this subject, do a search on spark plugs on this site you'll get a few hits. The bottom line on plugs has been summed, it depends hoe frequently you change your plugs. Platinum helps protect against wear, a sharp edge provides the best spark. So if you rarely change your plugs 30,000-50,000 miles then platinum would help, but if you do like many with motorcycles, they change out every 4000-6000 miles, then the platinum isn't really helping. There are a lot of claims by plug manufactures that they can give you big boost in power and economy, but like said before, if the claims were true, every motorcycle, car and truck would be running them.

Craig

DICKW:

--- Quote from: porkypig on January 11, 2010, 02:49:27 PM --- I thought it might make a difference in how it runs.  Was surprised when the bike came with standard plugs.    :nixweiss:

--- End quote ---

Just because they cost more don't think you'll get any better performance......... just saying.  :nixweiss:

Save your money they get changed evry 5k anyway, just carry an extraset with you.....just because you can.

Someone else around this site can spend all the money you want............. :2vrolijk_21:

faceracer:

--- Quote from: porkypig on January 11, 2010, 02:49:27 PM ---Has anybody changed their standard issue plugs for the SE plug?  Is there anything else involved other than making sure they are gapped correctly and torqued correctly?
At $15 a pair, I thought it might make a difference in how it runs.  Was surprised when the bike came with standard plugs.    :nixweiss:

--- End quote ---

Here is another thread were I was asking about E3 plugs. Thought you might like to read it! :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40899.msg653910#msg653910

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version