Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 12 flhxse3  (Read 1716 times)

Fatso

12 flhxse3
« on: February 05, 2012, 09:44:22 AM »

I've got 2012 cvo street glide an I took it in to the dealer for stumbling problem an the service manager informed me that I had rust in my fuel tank so he said he would order me a tank under warranty then I was informed that I was not getting a tank because Harley wouldn't pay for tank So has anyone else had this problem. I have contacted Harley customer service an they said that Rust is ok all they are willing to do is clean the inside of the tank    Any help

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
Re: 12 flhxse3
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 10:21:30 AM »

Sounds like typical Bullchit from the MOCO. If they don't want to honor the 2yr unlimited milage Warranty then change the terms! Every issue that is outside to norm they make up new Rules to try and force you to accept their inferior products. Small Claims Court is an option. Try pressuring your Dealer to force Harley to replace the Tank.

:bananarock: :bananarock:

Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 11:41:36 AM »

Sounds like typical Bullchit from the MOCO. If they don't want to honor the 2yr unlimited milage Warranty then change the terms! Every issue that is outside to norm they make up new Rules to try and force you to accept their inferior products. Small Claims Court is an option. Try pressuring your Dealer to force Harley to replace the Tank.

:bananarock: :bananarock:

Brad

Rust inside of a new tank is unusual enough.  It's also such an obvious issue speaking to coatings or other problems that it seems unlikely even Mother Harley would bitch about that one.  Brad, is it just me or as a first-post type of question does this one challenge the sniff-test?

Fatso

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 11:49:32 AM »

Mother Harley said rust is normal in a new tank since they don't line the inside of there tanks any more. You can think its bs if you like but I do know what I'm seeing inside of my gas tank.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 12:52:14 PM »

Mother Harley said rust is normal in a new tank since they don't line the inside of there tanks any more. You can think its bs if you like but I do know what I'm seeing inside of my gas tank.

Describe the "rust" a bit more if you can.  You talk a surface patina at the edge where the gas cap goes down?  Flakes off inside the tank?  How bad or how little?  Got a picture?

Fatso

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »

I will post pics tomorrow but the rust is not around the cap bungs it's in the bottom of the tank in several spots. My dealer is trying to work with me on this issue however Harley says that it's a common acurrance because they are shipped with no fuel . 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 01:33:15 PM »

I will post pics tomorrow but the rust is not around the cap bungs it's in the bottom of the tank in several spots. My dealer is trying to work with me on this issue however Harley says that it's a common acurrance because they are shipped with no fuel . 

Unless things have changed that's not true.  At least used to be the case that all bikes were given a short test firing at the end of the assembly line.  A test firing, by the way, that ran the engine far outside the parameters suggested by Harley for us to practice during the "break-in" time.  As a result they do get to the dealers with a little bit of fuel.  Not much.  But a bit. 

What you're describing doesn't sound "common" and it doesn't match what has been SOP.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 10:22:57 PM »

Rust inside of the tank on a brand-new bike is PURE BS! Tell Harley to replace the tank or get sued... with them paying all costs if they lose... which they will. New tanks should NOT have rust in them. Period.

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 08:26:38 PM »

I got the same BS from the dealer about condensation in my speedo - told me it wasn't a warranty item that Harley honors - I'm still fighting the battle on that crap - let me know how yours turns out.  My next would be up to HQ, and I wouldn't be shy about working your way up the chain - be cordial, and keep working it.  If you don't get an acceptable response, go one level higher - that's the great thing about the internet and HD being a public company.
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.