Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: New CVO Street glide colour to be launched!...oh yes  (Read 82146 times)

skycat

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Silver/Black 2015 Street Glide.
Re: New CVO Street glide colour to be launched!...oh yes
« Reply #150 on: March 07, 2015, 12:07:30 AM »

I beg to differ.  Sending out bikes with such flawed paint that dealers won't sell them to customers isn't a case of a "late Friday" assembly.  Apparently the paint is so flawed the MoCo had to scramble to introduce a replacement paint scheme for the SESG.  Rolling out 110 engines with lifter and compensator problems...for several years?  Engines with flaking powder coating?  Chome that blisters, peels, and detaches?  Rushmore infotainment systems that don't work as designed?  Rolling out a water cooling system that loses coolant?  110's that use a qt of oil every 1,000 miles?  These are not "late Friday" assembly issues.  I love my CVO, but if being rational, I shouldn't be able to justify why.

I agree 100% But we still keep buying the bikes, i love my Harley and cant wait for my new CVO to arrive even tho i fully expect it to have a few issues. This is crazy i know, we pay all this money for a top quality motorcycle and we forgive Harley for not delivering the item as advertised.
Just think what you could purchase with $40,000 + bucks from another manufacturer, would we put up with something that was not up to scratch. We are playing with a supposedly high end bike the equivalent of AMG and the like in the car industry.
I recon its time to make company people/team leaders/inspectors all accountable for there lack of efficiently , instead of hiding behind the WE WILL LOOK AFTER YOU union crap there is no place for this in our modern manufacturing age. We must become more efficient or we will loose to you know who. And this applies to us Australians as well.   :nixweiss:
Harley really needs to lift its act and focus on reliability and above all else made in the USA means quality.   
Us old buggers put up with a lot and hardly say anything, while the new breed coming up behind wont put up with the same crap.

2015 CVO Street Glide, not as good as it should be, Working on that it just needs time, like a good wine.
2010 Buell 1125R, my favorite blaster.
2003 Harley FXDL 100th Anniversary, a little gem.
1975 Suzuki RE5 Rotary 1200km as new.
2012 Suzuki GSX1250FA the perfect Hack. Awesome Bike

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2015, 06:34:02 AM »

I agree 100% But we still keep buying the bikes, i love my Harley and cant wait for my new CVO to arrive even tho i fully expect it to have a few issues. This is crazy i know, we pay all this money for a top quality motorcycle and we forgive Harley for not delivering the item as advertised.
Just think what you could purchase with $40,000 + bucks from another manufacturer, would we put up with something that was not up to scratch. We are playing with a supposedly high end bike the equivalent of AMG and the like in the car industry.
I recon its time to make company people/team leaders/inspectors all accountable for there lack of efficiently , instead of hiding behind the WE WILL LOOK AFTER YOU union crap there is no place for this in our modern manufacturing age. We must become more efficient or we will loose to you know who. And this applies to us Australians as well.   :nixweiss:
Harley really needs to lift its act and focus on reliability and above all else made in the USA means quality.   
Us old buggers put up with a lot and hardly say anything, while the new breed coming up behind wont put up with the same crap.

I normally don't into debates about such things but you just struck a nerve. I'd like to see proof of the highlighted statement of yours. The union I belong to in a customer service industry works with the company to provide quality service to our customers. Yes, it's a different union than the one you're commenting on but I'd still like to see proof of your statement.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2015, 07:27:15 AM »

I've never expected issues like I hear about on here, and thankfully the only bike that gave me anything serious was a Kawasaki. If I start experiencing what I hear about on this forum, I will buy something else. I have to also say this: I've never heard of these issues from the guys I see at dealer events, charity rides, and popular gathering sites. Only on here.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2015, 07:43:05 AM »

I've never expected issues like I hear about on here, and thankfully the only bike that gave me anything serious was a Kawasaki. If I start experiencing what I hear about on this forum, I will buy something else. I have to also say this: I've never heard of these issues from the guys I see at dealer events, charity rides, and popular gathering sites. Only on here.
I've heard a few at bike night bitching about defects. I think most just don't want to speak up for fear of looking like a fool for spending that much money on a bike with flaws in it.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2015, 09:18:35 AM »

$Tuuuf happens, you just have to pull up your big boy pants & deal with it, the new paint deal is ok, the yellow paint jobs, didnt hear of any issues with that color, and i did see one and liked it. wonder how many CVO SGs there gona make for 15? five color combos...WOW...its gona be a good year for HD
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Rkw

« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2015, 11:06:04 AM »

Snap shot photo from website.

Rkw

« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2015, 11:07:18 AM »

Another from website:

mike jesse

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2015, 03:19:48 PM »

Quality?
I bought my first CVO last May, a Tribal Orange/Black RK.
Nothing wrong with the paint, and I've looked hard to find any flaws.
Flywheel pinion runout is .001 in. TIR on mine. Very smooth running at any RPM.
My only complaint is the quick detach windscreen doesn't deflect the wind very well IMO.
Yes, I've played with it and adjusted the flapper 1000 times to no avail. At some point I will
install the standard shield.
It's a keeper unless MoCo builds another CVO RG with the 2009 silver/titanium dust paint scheme.

Rkw

« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2015, 09:33:24 PM »

Bagger Mag video of Street Glide w/custom paint.

http://www.baggersmag.com/videos/harley-davidson-cvo-2015

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2015, 09:44:43 PM »

My buddy is in Daytona and he just sent me this pic of the 2015.5 CVO SG. He said "very, very faint ghost flames also the paint is a gorgeous black and the flames are very hard to notice". Flames are on the front fender, tank and saddle bag lids. Looking at this picture compared to the one on the HD site it seems that you might have to see this bike in person to really appreciate it and not judge it by the dull picture on the site. My buddy knows I love black and said this is the bike for me. I just might have to take back what I said a couple of days ago about too much black.....lol.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2015, 09:45:25 PM »

Another.

skycat

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Silver/Black 2015 Street Glide.
« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2015, 11:27:06 PM »

My buddy is in Daytona and he just sent me this pic of the 2015.5 CVO SG. He said "very, very faint ghost flames also the paint is a gorgeous black and the flames are very hard to notice". Flames are on the front fender, tank and saddle bag lids. Looking at this picture compared to the one on the HD site it seems that you might have to see this bike in person to really appreciate it and not judge it by the dull picture on the site. My buddy knows I love black and said this is the bike for me. I just might have to take back what I said a couple of days ago about too much black.....lol.

I guess its unfair to pass comment without seeing the bike, but the flames look like some cheap stick on's, but with black wheels and a gloss black exhaust maybe the CVO Black knight  :).
Its not my cupa tea. Still waiting for my HC to arrive soon i hope  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:29:17 PM by skycat »
2015 CVO Street Glide, not as good as it should be, Working on that it just needs time, like a good wine.
2010 Buell 1125R, my favorite blaster.
2003 Harley FXDL 100th Anniversary, a little gem.
1975 Suzuki RE5 Rotary 1200km as new.
2012 Suzuki GSX1250FA the perfect Hack. Awesome Bike

ultrarider123

« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2015, 09:24:31 AM »

Dang it all....I am still waiting to see the UV blue/orange in person and the MoCo puts this beauty out.  To me, the black paint looks awesome from the pictures.  I'm a fan of the ghost look (the ghost smoke on the '12 skunk comes to mind).  Be still my beating checkbook..... ;D

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2015, 11:00:17 AM »

Dang it all....I am still waiting to see the UV blue/orange in person and the MoCo puts this beauty out.  To me, the black paint looks awesome from the pictures.  I'm a fan of the ghost look (the ghost smoke on the '12 skunk comes to mind).  Be still my beating checkbook..... ;D
fever,maybe!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2015, 11:53:47 AM »

That's true.....on the net people are very quick to post the negative (read any motorcycle owners forum including BMW and Goldwing) comments.  Human nature...we are not as quick to post the positive.  There's a thread about this, someplace on this forum and so I will repeat myself.........I love my bike!  Ask me on a day when I just had major failure (even though it'll be covered by the warranty) and my reply will probably not be the same.  :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 22 queries.