CVO Technical > General CVO discussion

Sensor down at jiffy stand???

(1/5) > >>

cdestuck:
Recently bought a new leftover 2019 CVO Limited. So I'm giving it a good cleaning today and notice something that my 2017 CVO didn't have. There's some sort of black rubberish sensor with a wire attached to it down just to the very front of the jiffystand. Anyone have a good guess just what this is for? I'm baffled. TKS

scottt:

--- Quote from: cdestuck on December 31, 2019, 02:26:26 PM ---Recently bought a new leftover 2019 CVO Limited. So I'm giving it a good cleaning today and notice something that my 2017 CVO didn't have. There's some sort of black rubberish sensor with a wire attached to it down just to the very front of the jiffystand. Anyone have a good guess just what this is for? I'm baffled. TKS

--- End quote ---
I'd bet it's a kickstand sensor. If you put your bike in 1st gear while your kickstand is down, your motor shuts off. Keeps you from riding off with the kickstand down. Required by law in Europe on all new bikes.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

grc:

--- Quote from: cdestuck on December 31, 2019, 02:26:26 PM ---Recently bought a new leftover 2019 CVO Limited. So I'm giving it a good cleaning today and notice something that my 2017 CVO didn't have. There's some sort of black rubberish sensor with a wire attached to it down just to the very front of the jiffystand. Anyone have a good guess just what this is for? I'm baffled. TKS

--- End quote ---

Is it an actual sensor, or is it just an electrical connector with a plug in it?  If you have a US model, it should just be a connector.  If you have an export model, there should be a short wire plugged into that connector that runs to the actual sensor mounted to the jiffy stand.  The sensor is not required in the US, but is a required safety feature in Britain and some other countries.

Jerry

Bobs14Limited:
I think you're talking about the stator wire.

cdestuck:
Here is a picture of what I am talking about. It probably is the sensor for a jiffy stand deal that they use on the European models. Perhaps for some reason it got stuck on by mistake at the factory. When I extend the jiffy stand,  the tab covers the top of the sensor and probably affects a magnet or something inside. The wire leading from the sensor goes underneath the water pump and is plugged into a female plug. But I guess the way the computer is programmed for USA bikes it does not of fear to function as I can put the bike in gear and have the jiffy stand and it’s lower position Without the engine shutting off or affecting any function.  So I guess the question is solved. Thanks to all.   Picture appears to be too large to attach so I will attempt to reduce the size and put in a post below.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version