Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Livewire, The Long Way Up  (Read 2500 times)

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Livewire, The Long Way Up
« on: September 16, 2019, 12:40:05 PM »

For those of you that have not seen the Long Way Round & The Long Way Down with Ewan (Star Wars fame) & friend Charlie who rode BMW's around the world they are at it again this time with Livewire bikes and are calling it Long Way Up.  I believe it's from the tip of South America to SoCal.  There will be gas powered trucks pulling charging station trailers.  There will also be some electric Rivans (Electric truck) not sure of their involvement other than Ford invested 500 million in them and at least 1 F-series truck being used as a chase / tow vehicle) .  The first 2 shows / series where very entertaining to see what man and machine could do. The first 2 shows did not seem to be about product placement, but the adventure of it, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.  I hope I'm wrong I really enjoyed the first 2.
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Livewire, The Long Way Up
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 12:55:09 PM »

Sounds like "realism tv" at about the same level as Survivor & America's Got Talent.  On the power side though - electric travel fueled by the petroleum industry, actually that sounds about right as to realism these days.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 01:09:00 PM »

long way round and long way down you can watch via amazon prime, free included in your membership (if you have one)
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 01:09:07 PM »

Where might one find the first two (Round and Down) along with this new one "Up"?  Sounds interesting.  I enjoy the video's and reads of folks taking these type adventures.

I saw the first 2 on Netflix but now I believe you can see them on YouTube & Amazon

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 01:39:17 PM »

Great,....fossil fuel burning support vehicles hauling generators around to recharge an electric vehicle. Kinda defeats the purpose of having one.

But I could be wrong.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 02:24:35 PM »

Great,....fossil fuel burning support vehicles hauling generators around to recharge an electric vehicle. Kinda defeats the purpose of having one.

But I could be wrong.
Sounds crazy to me? They should ride bikes capable to handle there riding adventures while also being available to the riding public.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 02:34:40 PM »

Hey, they can afford it, go for it. But life long adventures aside, doesn’t anyone else see the irony in this?
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 04:17:00 PM »

Hey, they can afford it, go for it. But life long adventures aside, doesn’t anyone else see the irony in this?

Yes.  Most all of the so called "reality shows" are carefully staged & scripted.  I recall early on a helicopter shot of a Survivor set - must have been 50 RVs not 200 yards from where the survivor cast "lived."  Most reality tv is about as real as regular tv.  It is escapism and entertainment, that is the purpose.  It can be a bit educational (minimally), but is more suited to propaganda than fact.

This show about an electric MC & 2 rich guys with a dozen or more paid support crew that depend 100% on fossil fuel to ride electric bikes is as ironic as anything.  If I watch it, it will be for that irony, which can be amusing.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 07:05:58 PM »

I'd like to see them do it like this:

Each carries 2 spare batteries which are hooked up to solar panels on the bike. As they ride, the sun recharges the spare batteries via the solar panels. When a battery dies, they swap it out for a recharged one and ride on.

Now the fun part comes at night when there is no sun to recharge, or when they need tires and pull into a village that doesn't have a bike shop. So they hike to the closest place with wifi and order tires only to find out the closest they can be delivered is 20 miles away. So they ride villager burros through the mountains passes to get them. In the mountains they are attacked by drug lords who take everything.

Then when they get to the US border they have no ID, speak with a funny accent, and get thrown in ICE cages and detained for 8 months.

See how I made the show better?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 11:10:47 PM »

Yeah, but before the border deal at least one of them needs to befriend a poor beautiful peasant girl who takes them in and feeds them when they are almost starving and exhausted.  Would be nice if she had a really big set of knockers and leaned over a lot.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2019, 11:13:28 PM »

Would be nice if she had a really big set of knockers and leaned over a lot.

Allen or torx?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2019, 11:45:41 PM »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2019, 08:15:10 AM »

Sounds like "realism tv" at about the same level as Survivor & America's Got Talent.  On the power side though - electric travel fueled by the petroleum industry, actually that sounds about right as to realism these days.

:2vrolijk_21: ;D

And I thought I was the only one that hated how the entertainment industry has corrupted the word "reality". 

I wonder why they didn't rig up some solar panels or a small wind turbine mounted on the chase truck so they could pretend they were being "green"?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2019, 09:02:24 AM »

Yeah, but before the border deal at least one of them needs to befriend a poor beautiful peasant girl who takes them in and feeds them when they are almost starving and exhausted.  Would be nice if she had a really big set of knockers and leaned over a lot.

Oh, i like that!

And once they recover they look at this beautiful Central/South American woman who nursed them back to life and say in perfect Spanish tinged with a New Zealand accent, "Hey babe, let's go for a ride on my quiet, environmentally friendly, eco-supportive two-wheeled HOG. It'll be just you and I, with the wind and sun in our faces, trailed by a five vehicle support team and 15 people".

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2019, 11:16:11 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: ;D

And I thought I was the only one that hated how the entertainment industry has corrupted the word "reality". 

I wonder why they didn't rig up some solar panels or a small wind turbine mounted on the chase truck so they could pretend they were being "green"?

Jerry

When they read social media comments on the petroleum use they probably will.

Media went gaga over some Swedish gal who sailed to the US for some enviro meeting a few weeks ago.  Big hoopla because she sailed instead of flying.  What most "forgot" to write was that a crew of 2 was flown over to take the sailboat back.  Kinda defeats the whole purpose, if there ever was one.

Never cared for any of the Survivor or talent competition reality tv stuff. Through the years have enjoyed some of the car or bike building shows or renovation shows, but do I think they are "real?"  About as real as anything with a scripted dialogue, ending, and paid product placements.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2019, 11:23:27 AM »

Oh, i like that!

And once they recover they look at this beautiful Central/South American woman who nursed them back to life and say in perfect Spanish tinged with a New Zealand accent, "Hey babe, let's go for a ride on my quiet, environmentally friendly, eco-supportive two-wheeled HOG. It'll be just you and I, with the wind and sun in our faces, trailed by a five vehicle support team and 15 people".
;D

It would be more beneficial - and maybe impossible - to show the 2 guys using solar & wind power to charge their bikes.  No doubt would take much longer and maybe they should look at a route from Cabo to Vancouver or something like that instead.  Am not against solar or wind energy or renewables but to phony up junk for a "reality" show will generate as much negativity as it will positives. 

A few good looking gals with big gazongabongas along the way in bikinis would also sell the electric bike idea.  Doubtful the folks running the MoCo think that way anymore since they seem to be heading in the Gillette marketing direction more than the Swedish Bikini Team direction.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2019, 02:07:13 PM »

;D

A few good looking gals with big gazongabongas along the way in bikinis would also sell the electric bike idea.  Doubtful the folks running the MoCo think that way anymore since they seem to be heading in the Gillette marketing direction more than the Swedish Bikini Team direction.

The Swedish Bikini Team will live forever!! :cucumber:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2019, 02:11:18 PM »

The wind power might be trouble if it wacked a bird :huepfenlol2:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2019, 02:23:49 PM »

The Swedish Bikini Team will live forever!! :cucumber:

Yes. 

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2019, 02:56:33 PM »

Well,...since it's a Reality TV show, I'm sure you will find the Swedish bikini team in Guatemala. Everyone knows those women are indigenous to Central America.

See, the script is getting better.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2019, 03:07:29 PM »

Well,...since it's a Reality TV show, I'm sure you will find the Swedish bikini team in Guatemala. Everyone knows those women are indigenous to Central America.

See, the script is getting better.

It is.  If the producers are reading this, they are getting plot lines for free.   ;D

vtwinjim

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2019, 12:09:15 AM »

Harley must love this, ha.

Now everyone will realize how useless an electric bike is going cross country when it can only travel 75 miles or so?

What's the point? Sure hope Harley is paying them well or they're doing it to make fun of the bike.

To me it's embarrassing and stupid.

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2019, 11:51:33 AM »

I wonder if this charging issue has showed up (causing a stop in deliveries) because of the trip these guys are doing?  They started north in September from the southern most town in South America with 4 (1 spare) modified Livewires and were seen 500 miles north a little later.  No one could have put more miles & torture on these things this fast besides these guys so soon.

Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 24 queries.