Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Bushtec Hitch install on 2014 CVO Limited w/pictures  (Read 13823 times)

dmill

• Molon Labe
    • MA

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO
    • CVO2: 2018 Ultra Limited CVO Anniversary
Re: Bushtec Hitch install on 2014 CVO Limited w/pictures
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 10:05:34 PM »

It can only be installed one way really!

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 10:27:03 PM »

The part # on my invoice is 944212-2PIN   2014 Harley pin hitch.

If you look at my 2nd picture of the crossbrace laying on the ground, mine is installed turned over from what it is in that picture.  If you look at your pictures, your crossbrace is upside down than mine.  Yours is installed the way mine is laying loose on the ground.

But. From looking at your last picture, it looks as if you have the ear over the inside saddlebag support/muffler brace bolt like it should be.

So, I would say you have the hitch for a rear bumper as that is about the gap you have.  (Like you stated)..

It looks bad that way.

You will probably have to send them pictures of what you have so it can be figured out more readily.

dmill

• Molon Labe
    • MA

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 10:54:17 PM »

Problem solved! My invoice is 944212-1pin.  For Street Glide as suspected!  I was suspect when I first saw my bike with the hitch on but then I saw yours and knew something was up.  Thanks for your help.  I will deal with Bushtec tomorrow.

nudels2u75

• nudels2u
  • Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 09 FLHTCUSE4--SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4--Traded-N-
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 06:02:35 AM »

Did you know that VOIDS your warranty from Harley Davidson....Soon as you start having warranty issues, you will have to put your bike back to stock to have it re-instated....
"I see the horizon and no destination in sight"

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 09:21:54 AM »

To bad they don't have quick disconnect for a hitch. There's an idea for someone who can make one.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 10:48:40 AM »

Did you know that VOIDS your warranty from Harley Davidson....Soon as you start having warranty issues, you will have to put your bike back to stock to have it re-instated....
Voiding the warranty is true for a lot of the things we do to our bikes... including fixing the factory "F" ups that come stock on them. :oops: :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

dmill

• Molon Labe
    • MA

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 10:48:30 PM »

The part # on my invoice is 944212-2PIN   2014 Harley pin hitch.

If you look at my 2nd picture of the crossbrace laying on the ground, mine is installed turned over from what it is in that picture.  If you look at your pictures, your crossbrace is upside down than mine.  Yours is installed the way mine is laying loose on the ground.

But. From looking at your last picture, it looks as if you have the ear over the inside saddlebag support/muffler brace bolt like it should be.

So, I would say you have the hitch for a rear bumper as that is about the gap you have.  (Like you stated)..

It looks bad that way.

You will probably have to send them pictures of what you have so it can be figured out more readily.

The problem (Bushtec version 1) on left, and the solution (Bushtec version 2) on right.  The CVOs require version 2.  If you get version 1 your hitch will hang about 2 inches below the fender. (See previous pics)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 10:50:05 PM by dmill »

dmill

• Molon Labe
    • MA

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 10:53:14 PM »

The finished installed hitch,  (Version 2).  The center section should be just about even with the bottom of the fender.

dmill

• Molon Labe
    • MA

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 10:57:03 PM »

The plug tucks neatly up out of view when not in use.

dkl032

• ID

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 07:14:37 AM »

For those with vance and Hines monster rounds, the bushtec won't fit. Took multiple go arounds with bushtec to discover why mine did not fit. Had monster ovals on old bike and it did fit.  I went with mchitch due to ease of install and removal. Both are high quality.  Did keep the hitch pin and wiring harness from bushtec.
2014 CVO Limited | V&H Power Duals and Monster Ovals | 117 Kit | SE 285 Cams | Dyno Tuned | Rekluse Clutch | Wild One 578 Bars | Floorboard Extensions | Freedom Wind Shield | Airwing LED Light | Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signals and Triple Play/Tour Pak Strobe | LED Fog Lights | FOBO TPMS | Shorty Antennas | Tour Pak Relocator, Wall, Lid Organizer, Ultra Brace | Saddlebag Wall Organizer | Backrest Organizer | Adjustable Passenger Footpegs | Hog Trough Drink Holder | Windshield Pouch | Ohlins

dmill

• Molon Labe
    • MA

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2014, 10:53:49 AM »

For those with vance and Hines monster rounds, the bushtec won't fit. Took multiple go arounds with bushtec to discover why mine did not fit. Had monster ovals on old bike and it did fit.  I went with mchitch due to ease of install and removal. Both are high quality.  Did keep the hitch pin and wiring harness from bushtec.
See previous picture of Vance and Hines Monster rounds with Bushtec hitch installed.

dkl032

• ID

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2014, 04:50:24 PM »

that is interesting.  dealer installed my monster rounds and the mounting bracket comes off the muffler horizontally (towards tire)  which doesnt allow the bushtec to be installed without removing the bracket and then pounding the hell out of it in order to reattach.  direct quote from bushtec that their hitch wont work with monster rounds.

i wonder if there are different slip ons in the monster rounds.  mine definitely have a side mounting configuration where as yours seem to mount from the top as do the stock slip ons.
2014 CVO Limited | V&H Power Duals and Monster Ovals | 117 Kit | SE 285 Cams | Dyno Tuned | Rekluse Clutch | Wild One 578 Bars | Floorboard Extensions | Freedom Wind Shield | Airwing LED Light | Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signals and Triple Play/Tour Pak Strobe | LED Fog Lights | FOBO TPMS | Shorty Antennas | Tour Pak Relocator, Wall, Lid Organizer, Ultra Brace | Saddlebag Wall Organizer | Backrest Organizer | Adjustable Passenger Footpegs | Hog Trough Drink Holder | Windshield Pouch | Ohlins

lmahs92

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 11:02:55 PM »

WHERE IS IT "WRITTEN" THAT IT VOIDS THE WARRANTEE? IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO VOID IT MAGNASUN-MOSS ACT (ITS ALL HEAR SAY BAD STORY THAT HAS GOTTEN OUT OF CONTROL) I ASK YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!! NOT HEAR SAY I WANT TO SEE WRITTEN!!!!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 12:53:36 AM »

WHERE IS IT "WRITTEN" THAT IT VOIDS THE WARRANTEE? IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO VOID IT MAGNASUN-MOSS ACT (ITS ALL HEAR SAY BAD STORY THAT HAS GOTTEN OUT OF CONTROL) I ASK YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!! NOT HEAR SAY I WANT TO SEE WRITTEN!!!!!!

A little excited?   

Far be it for me to seem to be defending Mother Harley.  But there is something to be said for recognizing standards and what we've agreed to and not behaving like petulant children when we don't get more than we were promised or contractually agreed to.

I assume you're suggesting that a trailer hitch must be specifically proscribed in the warranty document?  It doesn't.  The owner's manuals and full warranty documents (if you request them) have language that has varied over the years but they've always had some version of "unapproved accessories" or "unauthorized use" language.  And.... whether we like it or not, towing is a use outside the MoCo's accepted standards.  Why?  Because they say so.

The warranty is a contract we accept by buying the motorcycle.  So, like it or not, we're stuck with it.  That some dealers may be more or less lenient on such things and either look the other way or void everything and blackball the bike only means that the dealers don't all follow the rules the same way; and that's actually a bad thing.  MMWA says and/or suggests a lot of things. But it doesn't help with use of a vehicle that is outside the manufacturer's approved mode of operations.

If you step beyond the warranty to the extended service agreement their language goes so far (yes, in writing) to specifically say you are rightfully and religiously f^(*&*d if you pull a trailer.  It's in their section 2 of the attached document.

So, yeah, whether we like it or not we know this crap is going in and it's the standard we must live within.  We accept it by buying the bike.  That leaves as the only real options to either not buy the bike or man up and go along with the terms of the warranty contract you accepted when you bought the bike.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2014, 06:36:50 AM »

A little excited?   

Far be it for me to seem to be defending Mother Harley.  But there is something to be said for recognizing standards and what we've agreed to and not behaving like petulant children when we don't get more than we were promised or contractually agreed to.

I assume you're suggesting that a trailer hitch must be specifically proscribed in the warranty document?  It doesn't.  The owner's manuals and full warranty documents (if you request them) have language that has varied over the years but they've always had some version of "unapproved accessories" or "unauthorized use" language.  And.... whether we like it or not, towing is a use outside the MoCo's accepted standards.  Why?  Because they say so.

The warranty is a contract we accept by buying the motorcycle.  So, like it or not, we're stuck with it.  That some dealers may be more or less lenient on such things and either look the other way or void everything and blackball the bike only means that the dealers don't all follow the rules the same way; and that's actually a bad thing.  MMWA says and/or suggests a lot of things. But it doesn't help with use of a vehicle that is outside the manufacturer's approved mode of operations.

If you step beyond the warranty to the extended service agreement their language goes so far (yes, in writing) to specifically say you are rightfully and religiously f^(*&*d if you pull a trailer.  It's in their section 2 of the attached document.

So, yeah, whether we like it or not we know this crap is going in and it's the standard we must live within.  We accept it by buying the bike.  That leaves as the only real options to either not buy the bike or man up and go along with the terms of the warranty contract you accepted when you bought the bike.

When I put mine on my 09, the dealer said technically it voids the warranty but we will honor any claim unless directly responsible due to towing. Fair is fair and I accepted that. As stated above "Man up".
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 24 queries.