Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 10" bars on '12 FLHXSE3 with Fairing mounted Zumo Nav Unit  (Read 1326 times)

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO
10" bars on '12 FLHXSE3 with Fairing mounted Zumo Nav Unit
« on: September 02, 2018, 10:02:14 AM »

Morning Gents;  I've got a 2012 CVO Street Glide and looking at having some new handlebars installed.  I previously owned a 2008 FLHX and had Wild 1 W0 578 10" bars on it, and was very happy with them.  Excellent finish on the chrome and they were a solid good quality product.  So many options out there now, but my main concern is that my new bike has the Zumo 665 Navigation Unit on the inner fairing just to the left of the speedometer.  I'm not the origianl owner, so I'm assuming this unit was installed at the factory ?   My question is:  Will new bars such as the Wild 1 W0578, LA Choppers 10" Twin Peaks, or Todd Cycle's 10" interfere with the Navigation unit ?   I guess by pulling the bars back and not having them pushed all the way forward close to the inner fairing would prevent it ?   I have'nt seen many pictures when I did a search, as many of the '14 and newer bikes have the Nav already into the Boom Box factory unit.  Same thing with older style fairing, not many pics available.  If anyone can offer any advice, suggestions, or pics it would be greatly appreciated.  TIA

Joe

africa al

• Full CVO Member
  • Travel the road less travelled

• CVO1: CVO1 Black & Gold 2015
    • CVO2: CVO 2 Diamond Black & Slate Grey
    • CVO3: CVO 3 Sherwood Green & Aztec Black Road King SE6
Re: 10" bars on '12 FLHXSE3 with Fairing mounted Zumo Nav Unit
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 04:47:31 PM »

A simple centre bracket installed to mount my Zumo to. After installing Yaffe 12" bars. I have done this same mod to all my CVO street glides.

africa al

• Full CVO Member
  • Travel the road less travelled

• CVO1: CVO1 Black & Gold 2015
    • CVO2: CVO 2 Diamond Black & Slate Grey
    • CVO3: CVO 3 Sherwood Green & Aztec Black Road King SE6
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 04:55:23 PM »

Done the same set up on my 2015 CVO Street Glide. Prefer using my Zumo which I can change between all my bikes. Prefer it to the built in version.

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 08:10:06 PM »

Hey... Been so long almost forgot about this thread.  Thanks so much Al for both your pics.  Bikes look awesome & love the bars 👍.    Bike will be at dealers for storage.  Hopefully can work out some discounts with winter work rates, or have a buddy help me next spring.   Cheers guys !!

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 25 queries.