Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: SEEG Owners' Satisfaction Level  (Read 20960 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
SEEG Owners' Satisfaction Level
« on: October 15, 2004, 09:47:24 PM »

Taking a tip from Loose Goose, I thought it might be interesting to gauge SEEG owners' overall satisfaction with their rides.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 08:27:30 AM by 103tHunDer »

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
Re: SEEG Owners' Satisfaction Level
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 09:52:54 PM »

I would buy it again in a heartbeat.  The only problem I have is called winter.
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 09:58:18 PM »

I hear ya!  I see your's is already tucked away and mine's going in the armored, climate-controlled, frozen tundra-proof unit this weekend.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 01:03:07 AM »

I hear ya!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 01:17:15 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 01:14:35 AM »

JC, you'll get all kinds of comments on the proper storage techniques (probably a good topic for another thread), but my process is pretty simple and has worked fine with my various cars and bikes that I've stored through the years:

1) clean every nook and cranny on the bike - make it look like it never left the showroom floor
2) change all the fluids (that way there's no acidic/corrosive combustion by-products wreaking havoc in unseen places while the beast sleeps, plus, ready to rock-n-roll after the first good rain washes the salt residue off in the spring!)
3) add Sta-bil fuel stabilizer to the gas tank and top off
4) hook up to Battery Tender

My dad has a well-insulated, heated, humidity controlled building.  The floor is sealed and there are only two doors, the overhead door and a walkthrough door.  This makes it ideal for storage since the temperature is maintained at 50 or above, you get the air circulation from the forced-air furnace he has, and there is no need to cover anything up because the concrete floor is sealed and what openings there are to the outside world stay closed for the duration (no dust!).

I really envy all you guys that live in the warm climates this time of year! [smiley=sauer019.gif]

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 08:52:44 AM »

Would buy one again in a heart beat, this thing is a tractor compared to the rest of the harley we have owned.  But I haven't had the chrome problems some of you have had.  I can't wait to see what the 2006 model will bring to the arena.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

delnel

• Full CVO Member
  • Just Enjoying Life!! Ride On
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 09:59:28 AM »

I had a 03 SERK and really liked it except for the color. Love the Electra Glide 7500 miles this year since March when I picked up my Black and Blue one. I hate winter but think there still may be a few more rides before it really sets in, I still have to get mine back to the dealer to get my chrome problems taken care of and a problem with the CD palyer looks like every one has some of these problems DelNel [smiley=beerchug.gif]
Never be afraid to do something new. Remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 02:04:08 PM »

Del welcome to the board [smiley=beerchug.gif]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 02:20:40 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 02:56:36 PM »

JC, that sounds like an offer too good to refuse!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 06:35:13 PM by 103tHunDer »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2004, 03:24:43 PM »

I'm perhaps speaking prematurely here as I've only had The Cherry for just less than two weeks now.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 03:31:49 PM by twolanerider »

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2004, 04:14:49 PM »

Hey All,  I voted as somewhat dissastified but would like to explain.  First off I love the looks of the bike, the ride, and the power.  My only real complaints are the problems and quality control stuff I have encountered.  I have had both wheels replaced, both speakers, an oil pump and also a cam support plate and of course the foggy fuel guage problem.  I also had some paint issues.  I want to stress the fact that I am not bashing the bike or the MoCo.  Overall I love the package and some of the things I did not agree with were changed on the 05 model.  Just quite a bit of pocket change spent to have these problems.  I have had 4 new HD's since 2001 and had no issues with any of them, 01 fatboy, 02 road king classic, 03 road king classic, 02 sporty ( momma's) .  My 5th new HD and most expensive has had the most quality or warranty issues.  Maybe I just got one that was built on a hangover!  LOL !  I average 13-15k miles per year and have 13.5 on my Eagle so far.  Would I buy another?  U Betcha!  I do plan on keeping this one for quite some time as I purchased the 6 yr extended warranty.  So maybe by the time they make another SEEG I will be ready to purchase it and who knows.......maybe it will have a V-ROD type motor in it!  HA HA

[smiley=beerchug.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

Johnnabal

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2004, 05:33:08 PM »

Brian what was wrong with the speakers. First time I heard that. Are we riding to the bay area next year.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2004, 05:39:52 PM »

Hey, 103E, thanks for the vote and the commentary!  All of us have our own threshold where we would go into the "dissatisfied" realm.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2004, 05:43:36 PM »

Brian what was wrong with the speakers. First time I heard that. Are we riding to the bay area next year.

Dude, you got me confused with 103E, lol!  No speaker problems here.

Bay area . . . . . hey, I think Peoria would be on your way.  Let me know when I should be ready to go!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2004, 06:37:44 PM »

2lane, what kind of oil did you go to in the forks?  Sorry, you probably already mentioned somewhere but I don't remember and can't find.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Page created in 0.449 seconds with 21 queries.