Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: SEEG Owners' Satisfaction Level  (Read 20961 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: SEEG Owners' Satisfaction Level
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2004, 11:01:25 PM »

I just had them use the SE fork oil.  It's the heaviest stuff (highest viscosity) that the dealership will have and it firms up the front end very nicely and just right to my tastes.  Mine had a tendency to squat just a bit.  It was also a bit soft.  This is much better.  

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2004, 11:02:48 PM »

Cool, thanks.  One other question: What length Progressive 440's did you go with?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2004, 01:50:13 AM »

Cool, thanks.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 01:51:06 AM by twolanerider »

delnel

• Full CVO Member
  • Just Enjoying Life!! Ride On
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2004, 10:46:10 AM »

Thanks to all for the welcome. I found the board when it was mentioned on a thread at V-TwinForum. This is cool because we all have something in common with our choice of rides, as I mentioned I have a 04 Black and Blue SEEG and my wife rides a 02 VRod. We are waiting for the SE VRod to come out and might upgrade her ride. DelNel [smiley=beerchug.gif]
Never be afraid to do something new. Remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2004, 08:18:19 PM »

Thanks to all for the welcome. I found the board when it was mentioned on a thread at V-TwinForum. This is cool because we all have something in common with our choice of rides, as I mentioned I have a 04 Black and Blue SEEG and my wife rides a 02 VRod. We are waiting for the SE VRod to come out and might upgrade her ride. DelNel [smiley=beerchug.gif]

I sure am glad that somebody keeps mentioning this site, over at V-twin Forum. Eh-he-hea [smiley=laugh.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2004, 09:05:52 PM »

The Screamin Eagle V-Rods are out, have been for at least a month. All three dealers close to me have or have had one on the floor. Very nice bikes. FYI.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2004, 10:52:10 AM »

So far, we're running 80+% somewhat satisfied or better (when you toss out the visitors' & non-owners' votes).  I'd say those are pretty high marks!

I wonder if either of the neutral voters would be willing to elaborate?  It seems the majority of us are fairly polarized positively or negatively with the bike (apparently, depending on the number/type of problems experienced and how they were resolved), so I'd be interested in hearing how those who voted middle-of-the-road feel about their rides.

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2004, 01:57:37 PM »

Bay area . . . . . hey, I think Peoria would be on your way.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Johnnabal

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2004, 04:40:13 PM »

Brian u reading this. Name the dates and off we go. East coast goes west. Meet in peoria

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2004, 06:22:15 PM »

Hey 103tHunDer and Johnnable,
I like the Bay area ride idea!  Count me in.  It would be hard for me to meet you in Peoria, but I could intercept you some where west of there.  

Brian u reading this. Name the dates and off we go. East coast goes west. Meet in peoria

Dang, if I didn't know you guys better, I'd say you were both full of BS!  I checked Mapquest and here's what it says about mileage to Sacramento, CA:

From Peoria, IL - 1,988 miles
From Clarence, NY - 2,580 miles
From Augusta, GA - 2,673 miles

But since neither one of you jokes around about serious stuff like riding, we gotta see what we can do here. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  JC's offer above was only directed to me and related to a little winter escape, so I can't speak for him on that, but I doubt there would be any opposition to us CVO Smoky Mountain Get-Together veterans crashing the 2005 West Coast Get-Together! [smiley=bigok.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

What you guys think about that?  (Post here: http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=event_CVO;action=display;num=1097284958)  Of course, that woud mean we fully expect to see JC/ak/Magoo and others when we return to Maggie Valley, lol!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2004, 07:34:16 PM »

Due to missing almost six months of work, I'll not be able to take more than one week at a time next year.

But, just for the record, I did ride from Sacramento, up through Chicago to Milwaukee, then up through Canada and back down, last year.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 07:36:04 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Johnnabal

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2004, 08:04:27 PM »

All I'am saying if your riding west or anyone else here count me in. I love riding my bike around these U.S. of A. Been there and it was great. Only got as far north as Hearst castle then headed back towards the right coast three years ago. Tom has it right by trailing bike thru the plains then riding the rest of the way. Now the wife's could come along or fly them into S.F. for the riding. The lodging is not a issue with me. Was going to ride out to seattle via canada this year and then fly wife in for the ride home with me. Just for someplace to ride I haven't been yet. Thank you for not think it all BS Planning my rides right now for next year, Waiting for the hog rides to come out but I know one will be a great lake ride and the other is the eastern states this year. I need spell check

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2004, 03:10:51 AM »

Continuing the search for this (apparently not quite so illusive) satisfaction today was something of a milestone.  Was a gorgeous day so headed out with The Cherry glide shortly after noon and got home an hour or so before dark.  Mostly on two lanes so running 55 to 70 rather than 75 or 80 all day long.  The last tank of gas coming home got filled up at 139 miles and was the first time the bike cracked 40 mpg.  Was approximately 41.5.  This was in lots of twisties and passing on two lanes so on and off the throttle a fair amount.  

All tolled I was pretty pleased with the somewhat unexpected result.  Engine has got just short of 1500 on it now and the only things that have been changed are loading of the Stage I chip and installing of the SE air cleaner kit, a set of V&H's dual dresser pipes and the White Brother's E series mufflers.  Power Commander isn't on it yet as the dyno God won't be back in town for another few weeks.

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2004, 10:32:51 AM »

I would like to take this opportunity to say "hello" and thank everyone for providing some great...actually, invaluable information on the Seeg. I have had my 05 for about a month of which two weeks I was away on vacation so I am still "courting" her of sorts (about 500 miles). Work and rain have kept me off the bike. However, after getting used to the size (this is my first bagger and I am not a very big guy) and riding position, I really like this bike. It is SMOOTH! I am anxious to get some miles on it as I will then get the bike dynoed and have the race tuner dialed in.

Thanks again
05 Green FLHTCSE2
Vance and Hines Dresser Duals
SE performance mufflers Kerker Mikuni baffles
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2004, 02:04:13 PM »

I would like to take this opportunity to say "hello" and thank everyone for providing some great...actually, invaluable information on the Seeg. I have had my 05 for about a month of which two weeks I was away on vacation so I am still "courting" her of sorts (about 500 miles). Work and rain have kept me off the bike. However, after getting used to the size (this is my first bagger and I am not a very big guy) and riding position, I really like this bike. It is SMOOTH! I am anxious to get some miles on it as I will then get the bike dynoed and have the race tuner dialed in.

Thanks again

MAS welcome to the site. [smiley=beerchug.gif]  Not sure where Redlands is at but know I've heard of it before.  Anyway, as you've already discovered, lots of good information here on the SEEG and some good people......you're gonna like it here.  Welcome!

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.