Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: 2005 Yellow SEEG production dates?  (Read 9352 times)

rasmusmi

2005 Yellow SEEG production dates?
« on: November 21, 2004, 09:47:24 AM »

Does anyone know the production and delivery dates for the Yellow/Silver 2005 SEEGs?

I haven't seen one in person, only pics on H-D's website (looks kind of orange-ish) and in a couple magazines, but one dealer told me "it's the same yellow they used on last year's SE Deuce"...?? that didn't sound right to me....I hope it's not the same color! [smiley=confused5.gif]

Any responses, and especially any good pics if you've seen one in the flesh, so to speak, would be most appreciated!  Ride safe!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: 2005 Yellow SEEG production dates?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 11:45:22 AM »

I've saw one in person and it's bright but I'd get one if I were buying now.  For one thing, I think the Orange and the Yellow SEEGs are bound to be the two safest Harleys on the road.  You just can't miss them.

The yellow is a cross between a pearlescent and a metallalic.....very pretty color.  JMHO
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

rasmusmi

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 11:49:16 AM »

Thanks JCZ...it is a different (brighter?) yellow then than last year's SE Deuce combo??

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 11:53:48 AM »

Thanks JCZ...it is a different (brighter?) yellow then than last year's SE Deuce combo??

I can't swear to it, but I believe so.  The SED last year was kind of striking but not near like the yellow SEEG this year......at least to me.  I guess it could be partially due to the difference in bikes and the amount of painted surface on the SEEG.  Besides, I'm just a little....no, a lot partial to the SEEG! [smiley=laugh.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

rasmusmi

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 12:02:48 PM »

10-4....I never was a real big fan of 'yellow' - except on choppers - that is, until I saw this 2005 SEEG! WOW!!  The silver accent color looks like it matches the engine and will lend itself to some serious chrome accessorizing (flamed 12" windshield, etc.).

I'm just not sure about that bright yellow dash staring back at me all day.  [smiley=confused5.gif]  I would have maybe done it up in the silver color, unless it would pose a reflection problem. Once again, H-D failed to consult me before finalizing their paint schemes!!!...haha!  Ride safe buddy!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

rasmusmi

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 12:10:06 PM »

I'll recycle my original question.... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

1.  Does anyone know (or have a close relationship with a dealer who would know) the production dates and anticipated run schedule of the [bgcolor=Yellow]YELLOW [/bgcolor]2005 SEEG coming up?

2.  Does anyone know (or have a close relationship with a dealer who would know) how many of each of the 3 SEEG color combos were (are) being run by CVO for 2005?

Thanks... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

RRSteve

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 06:53:34 PM »

I'll recycle my original question.... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

pushrod

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2004, 10:02:14 PM »

I was hanging around the Harley shop on a rainy day about six weeks ago, and the subject of when I might expect delivery of my yellow SEEG2 came up.  The dealer, who is a good friend, went into his office to check and came back to report that his order only said something like "delivery", which means sometime between late November and March.  He seemed rather surprised to learn that he did not have a definite delivery date, and predicted delivery on a date uncertain after the first of the year.

About two weeks after that, the salesman called and said that I needed to come down to the shop to look at the cherry red one that just came in.  That red one's in my garage now and the first yellow one still hasn't showed up.  I sure hope it's ugly when it does come in.

Sorry that this doesn't help. I'm not sure anyone outside CVO knows when the yellow ones will ship.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 03:02:29 PM »

The yellow SEEG is not the same yellow as the SED.  The duece was an ugly mustard color(only my opinion) the SEEG is a very pretty metalic/pearl yellow,  would buy it in a heart beat.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 05:40:16 PM »

The yellow SEEG is not the same yellow as the SED.

West Coast GTG   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 08:26:49 PM »

Me three (buy it in a heartbeat that is).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 08:29:45 PM by twolanerider »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2004, 09:33:23 PM »

The deciding factors ended up being that the inner fairing on the red one (as opposed to both of the other two color combinations) is the darker color.

2lane, not to play "teacher" and correct you, but I'm almost certain the green ones have the darker inner-fairing as well.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 09:34:29 PM by 103tHunDer »

rasmusmi

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2004, 09:41:11 PM »

Thanks guys...  
Twolanerider - yes, I'm a little concerned about the bright yellow dash staring back at me all day as well.  As I said in the first post of this thread I started, Harley once again failed to consult me before finalizing their CVO paint schemes this year!...go figure!? [smiley=laugh.gif]  

But...I'm already thinking of a couple ways to offset that....the big, curved H-D mirrors over the rounded (yellow) ends of the fairing dash; chrome trim rings around the instrument gauges; a 12" windshield w/chrome flames; etc.  Any other suggestions from out there would also be appreciated.  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

Other than that, I think the [bgcolor=Yellow]bright yellow color [/bgcolor]will serve to brighten one's spirits when getting on it to ride, and will certainly be more visible to the cagers you're  competing with for road space....the [bgcolor=Yellow]yellow SEEG [/bgcolor]just plain stands out from the crowd, and isn't that one of the reasons we all ride CVO's in the first place?  Ride safe guys!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2004, 02:45:58 AM »

Any other suggestions from out there would also be appreciated.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 08:49:11 AM »

Roadking.....Had dinner last evening with a friend who owns several HD dealerships throughout the country.  He has a Yellow SEEG on order for his personal bike and is planning to have it for our February ride to the Florida Keys.  Couldn't really be more specific, but was sure he'd have his bike for our annual "tropics trip".  By the way, GREAT COLOR!!!!!!!

rasmusmi

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2004, 09:09:51 AM »

Thanks BLM777 - I was speculating a Feb - June run on the [bgcolor=Yellow]yellow SEEG [/bgcolor]and you've confirmed it. Now I just have to figure out how to pay for it and keep my 03 SERK, too (my wife's got the 03 SE Deuce and says we can't split up the "twin ponies")....some would say "why?" - I would say "why not?"  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Guess they're as good as anything else to invest in, and are lots of fun along the way!  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2004, 12:18:02 PM »

Thanks BLM777 - I was speculating a Feb - June run on the [bgcolor=Yellow]yellow SEEG [/bgcolor]and you've confirmed it. Now I just have to figure out how to pay for it and keep my 03 SERK, too (my wife's got the 03 SE Deuce and says we can't split up the "twin ponies")....some would say "why?" - I would say "why not?"

West Coast GTG   

rasmusmi

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2004, 01:01:42 PM »

10-4 JCZ....her words, not mine....

They share the same Centennial Gold color, but that's about it. Having ridden hers a few times, I'll stick with my SERK2...the SED's front end seems too "floopy"/heavy feeling for me, and has a much wider turning radius....not a fun ride (for me anyway).  [smiley=nervous.gif]

Sorry SED owners....no offense - - to each his own!
[smiley=beerchug.gif])

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2004, 09:49:22 PM »

Just a little update for you Roadking......first of the Yellow paint run is supposed to start January 3!  You should probably pick it up, skip the worst of the Illinois winter and head on down to break it in!

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2004, 12:35:04 PM »

I attended the Cycleworld International Motorcycle Show yesterday In Long Beach and shot a couple of pics of a 05 yellow Seeg. Wow, it is bright [bgcolor=Yellow]YELLOW[/bgcolor]!! I was lucky to get a few shots with no one sitting on it as it sure attracted a lot of attention. I stood by it for awhile to muse over peoples comments. Everything  from "it's just an overpriced electraglide" to "what a beautiful bike wish I had one". I just smiled and thought if you only knew...
05 Green FLHTCSE2
Vance and Hines Dresser Duals
SE performance mufflers Kerker Mikuni baffles
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2004, 12:36:22 PM »

another view
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2004, 12:37:10 PM »

last one
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2004, 01:48:01 PM »

Wonder how many of the yellow test mules the company originally painted up?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 01:09:31 AM by twolanerider »

rasmusmi

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2004, 03:12:07 PM »

BLM777 & MAS  -  thanks for the pics!...WOW!!...now that's some [bgcolor=Yellow]eye-popping yellow[/bgcolor]! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

But, like Twolane rider says, I'm also concerned about that huge YELLOW dash...it might grow to be too much after awhile.  I'll let the Group know IF I decide against buying it in case somebody else in our CVO Forum would like to give it a good home.   [smiley=bigok.gif]

Later dudes...... [smiley=beerchug.gif]

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2004, 04:30:37 PM »

I don't know if I'd like riding behind the yellow inner fairing,  BUT, I sure as heck like the looks of it.  As a matter of fact, I like it too well and may see one parked in my shop next to the Orange/Black '04!!!   Hmmmmm, just when you think you've got enough toys.  [smiley=confused5.gif]

rasmusmi

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2004, 04:56:21 PM »

10-4, I hear ya'... [smiley=7.gif]

Here's another thought (and possible solution)...maybe Harley will offer one of their "Dashinator Fairing Insert Kits" painted in the matching SILVER color to balance out the [bgcolor=Yellow]BRIGHT YELLOW [/bgcolor]dash?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Then, put their chrome trim rings around the speakers and indicator dials and those big curved mirrors on the fairing corners...would cover up some of the yellow on the dash and/or divert some attention away from it anyway.  What do you think?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Ride safe buddy!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2004, 05:03:42 PM »

I don't know if I'd like riding behind the yellow inner fairing,

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2004, 05:04:30 PM »

MAS, Thanks for those beautiful pics of that bright yellow scooter! I can't wait to get that lil bananna home to papa. [smiley=laugh.gif] After hearing and seeing pics about that yellow dash staring at you all day, I too began to second guess myself. I then had a chance to get a red one instead of my yellow. Oh my gosh what should I do? Went with my first instinct and stuck with my yellow. One thing I learned from my brother who is a painter. You can't look at a picture and judge a color. And about that dash, I am ALWAYS wearing sunglasses when its sunny out anyway! So I don't care [smiley=7.gif] and when its cloudy I will be bringing the sunshine out from under the clouds which will be doing everybody a favor.                                                                                                    TWOLANE, I thought the same thing as you about mixin up that dash and found several dash kits out that have different shades of gray. I am waiting on some samples to show up in the mail so I can match up when I get my scooter. For me, yellow is not a problem. The problem is having to wait for it to get here!!!!!!! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]                   JR  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2004, 06:07:58 PM »

Some kind of dash kit as you describe sounds like it could be an outstanding option.  When you've finally suffered through the wait for the bike and then decision for whatever you do to the day please be sure to remember to post a photo of what you've done.  It'll be very interesting to see how one of them has been changed.  Good luck on the changes and condolences on the continued wait.  Kind of like Carly Simon, "Anticipa-a-tion, is making you wait......"

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2004, 07:49:01 PM »

05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2004, 09:43:13 PM »

With all the talk about the yellow i bet 5-10 years from now the yellow will have great resale value . that beening said i wont sell any cvo i own,ever-AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2004, 01:18:08 AM »

With all the talk about the yellow i bet 5-10 years from now the yellow will have great resale value . that beening said i wont sell any cvo i own,ever-AK

The yellow is certainly an eye grabbing combination.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 01:18:46 AM by twolanerider »

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2004, 08:23:28 AM »

Wouldn't it be some kind of weird plant incest to have a pumpkin parked next to citrus?

Mac_Daddy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2004, 01:36:43 PM »

MAS, Thanks for the pictures, I haven't seen any other angle on the bike till now. I think the color looks assume and as for the dash, wow nice. I like the yellow it looks very different for a Harley and that what I wanted from a CVO. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 07:14:16 PM by Mac_Daddy »

MoChrome

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2005, 01:06:12 PM »

There was a [bgcolor=Yellow]yellow[/bgcolor] SEEG at bike show here in Atlanta last weekend. The paint has a lot of flake and should look good out in the sun. I didn't care for the yellow inner fairing. The chrome gas cap cover reflects too much sun at times, so I imagine the yellow dash might be blinding when the sun is behind the rider  [smiley=glasses2.gif]

It's definately not a color combo that I would purchase, but for those who like bright bikes it's certainly an eye catcher. Not knocking it, it just isn't for me :)

rasmusmi

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2005, 06:41:42 PM »

Any "banana" sightings yet??? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  
I'm anxious to hear the reactions from members.
I'll see one in person at the Great American Morocycle Show in Chicago on 2/12, but let me know if anyone sees one before then.  Thanks! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2005, 07:09:25 PM »

I'll see one in person at the Great American Morocycle Show in Chicago on 2/12, but let me know if anyone sees one before then.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2005, 08:22:12 PM »

I still think this will end up being one of the highest desired SEEGs.  It will certainly be the safest motorcycle out there, with the pumkin coming in with a close second.  The pumkin kind of looses it's impact in the dark, but I don't think the yellow one will.

West Coast GTG   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2005, 11:38:21 PM »

I still think this will end up being one of the highest desired SEEGs.

Let me say for the record here that I can be completely unbiased on this subject.  Able to speak without prejudices of any kind.  In that context let it be noted that I like mine best, dammit.  [smiley=drink.gif]

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2005, 03:48:52 AM »

Saw one at the Edmonton Bike show today. Seems
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 03:49:22 AM by Bad_Ass_2 »
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2005, 03:50:32 AM »

Another shot
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2005, 03:51:37 AM »

Other side
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
L

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2005, 08:56:07 AM »

BA, you're gonna be JR's hero!  Thanks for the photos! [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2005, 09:01:21 AM »

Lookee there, JR.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 09:01:26 AM by 103tHunDer »

mfgreen

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2005, 11:54:49 AM »

Let me say for the record here that I can be completely unbiased on this subject.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2005, 11:19:06 PM »

BA, Thanks for them there pictures, sure looks SWEEEEEET! Almost forgot what it looks like, NOT! I did enjoy your pictures, Thanks again BA. It will be real good when I'm posting my bike instead of drooling over yall's. [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]                 See Ya     JR [smiley=laugh.gif]

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2005, 12:37:38 PM »

Hey guys & gals, I think CA is the last to received the bikes & my dealer said that they're expecting their first SEEG in yellow to arrive at the end of Feb or Beginning of March. I hope it is in March so I can save some more of my pennies.

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2005, 02:38:26 PM »

Just wondering on the photo from BA of the close up shot of the gold metalflake. Is there another metalflake besides the gold?  I'm asking because on my SED from one angle there is an orange metalflake & from another angle there is a green metalflake. It kind of dances in the sunlight as your walking by.

Ken from So CA

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2005, 03:38:55 PM »

All I saw as in the close up picture was gold colored flakes... very fine in size... but all were gold.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
L

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2005, 04:12:18 PM »

Here's another shot
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
L

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2005, 04:13:50 PM »

If you close up on this , you can see the gold flake also
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
L

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2005, 05:13:34 PM »

Hey guys & gals, I think CA is the last to received the bikes & my dealer said that they're expecting their first SEEG in yellow to arrive at the end of Feb or Beginning of March. I hope it is in March so I can save some more of my pennies.

yellowsedeuce, where did you get your imformation on CA being last to recieve bikes? I am first on the list at my dealer for the Yellow and they told me from the start I can expect to recieve my scoot anytime from end of Jan. to end of March. Called in today to see if he heard anything and he was in a meeting, waiting on him to call back.

I remember my dad telling me to be patient, If you want something it's worth waiting for, it will make you appreciate it more when you do get it. I can tell ya, I am full of appreciation!!!!! [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 05:15:36 PM by J.Rud »

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2005, 08:07:33 PM »

yellowsedeuce, where did you get your imformation on CA being last to recieve bikes? I am first on the list at my dealer for the Yellow and they told me from the start I can expect to recieve my scoot anytime from end of Jan. to end of March. Called in today to see if he heard anything and he was in a meeting, waiting on him to call back.

J.Rud, I'm assuming that CA is last because as you guys back East were seeing the Teal & Cherry SEEGs, I saw them here in CA 3-4 weeks later. Plus I figure we're the furthest from York, PA.  Believe me, I am waiting patiently................... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2005, 08:11:44 PM »

BA2, Thanks again for the pics.  Now you got me drooling. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2005, 05:01:27 PM »

Hey Ken,
  Just got a call from my dealer and he told me it's on the March arrival sheet but it has unconfirmed next to it. He said that if all goes well it will ship then but no guarantee! I will plan on April that way I won't be dissapointed.
  I'm glad I didn't get all my heated gear yet, I won't need it now until next year. Now I am considering getting the king tour pak. Hope I don't forget how to ride.
                                                                                                     See Ya!    JR  [smiley=laugh.gif]

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2005, 02:23:36 AM »

Hey JR,

At least you got a call, I have to ask the sales guys at my dealer to see if they have the green sheets for the production yet.  I hope you get yours soon & you'll never forget how to ride.  It's like when my kids asked if I knew how to ride a wheelie on my mountain bike, I said  " when I was 13  I could ride a wheelie down the entire block" After a couple of days of practice I rode a wheelie for about 150'. Not bad for a 39 year old.  I don't think you really forget.  

Can't wait to see the pics of your banana soon and see all of the mods discussed on these threads.

see ya

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2005, 11:34:41 PM »

First hello to everybody in this site.  Found the site from an article in Thunder Press.  Check it out and have been very pleased by everything I've found so far.  Last Sat. I talk to my salesman here in WA state and he showed me the delivery sheet and my "Buttercup" (friends nickname for it. With friends like that who needs enemies)  is supposed to get here in April.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] No specific day, just that is confirmed in April. We'll see how that goes.  Wish I had it.  Little bit about me.  Have 03' Heritage and the wife rides an 02' Low Rider.  Now I'm moving to the SEEG and the wife is moving to the 03' Heritage.
  Still trying to find out the ins and out of the site, Lots of great stuff.  Well till the next post.   G [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2005, 11:53:08 PM »

Welcome Let'sRoll and wife to this wonderful site. I found out about this site after I already had my SEEG and my husband had his for more than a year. Wow! The information here will help you to make selections and save money too!.  Too bad harley does not have this ... let's not degress. You are going to pick up an awesome bike and your wife is going to have a good ride too.  Enjoy, pull up a stool. Seems to be a good time of year to do this. In the summer, I am riding, not surfing.   [smiley=lolk.gif]

mfgreen

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2005, 11:58:39 PM »

First hello to everybody in this site.  Found the site from an article in Thunder Press.  Check it out and have been very pleased by everything I've found so far.  Last Sat. I talk to my salesman here in WA state and he showed me the delivery sheet and my "Buttercup" (friends nickname for it. With friends like that who needs enemies)  is supposed to get here in April.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] No specific day, just that is confirmed in April. We'll see how that goes.  Wish I had it.  Little bit about me.  Have 03' Heritage and the wife rides an 02' Low Rider.  Now I'm moving to the SEEG and the wife is moving to the 03' Heritage.
   Still trying to find out the ins and out of the site, Lots of great stuff.  Well till the next post.   G [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  

Welcome to the site Lets_Roll.

eddieboy writes quite well for Thunder and is a member of the site.

As with most families this one has got more than a few stories and opinions to share.  You will find that the tech info and help here is top notch.  Some folks say and others are aware that we know more about these CVO's than most dealers and in some cases more than the factory folks.  If you want to post pics.....you must re attach the phot before you post.  
In the header of the main page you will see a thing that probably says you have zero messages....this is where you click to find your private messages (PM).  Most of the folks on here can help you or steer you in the right direction.  Usually.......well.....most of the time, you will be able to navigate around the site without much problem.  Oh yeah, then there are the moderators...JCZ is the most vociferous.....Mr. Magoo is an independent thinker that sides with nobody.....Cabo is solid but doesn't talk as much.

Enjoy it.

Mike

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2005, 01:34:44 AM »

Welcome Lets_roll & your great wife!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 01:36:12 AM by yellowsedeuce »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2005, 05:43:28 AM »

If you want to post pics.....you must re attach the phot before you post.

That's only if you preview the post before submitting.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2005, 09:14:03 AM »

Can't wait to see the pics of your banana soon and see all of the mods discussed on these threads.

see ya

Yellowsedeuce, It will be an AWESOME day when we will see anyones 1st post of a bike they own and not one at a show. Just had a thought [smiley=nixweiss.gif]....after a year or so what will I call my LIL Bananna? I know......OLD YELLER !!!!!!!!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

First hello to everybody in this site.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 05:15:11 PM by J.Rud »

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2005, 10:01:17 AM »

Thanks to all for the warm welcome and also for the tips.  Can't wait to see pics. of the members bikes as they start to arrive.  Let's Roll [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2005, 10:52:53 AM »

Thanks to all for the warm welcome and also for the tips.

West Coast GTG   

Dirt Bagger

• Junior CVO Member
  • Keep The Shiny Side Up!
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2005, 11:06:56 PM »

Lets_Roll,

Welcome! [smiley=beerchug.gif]  I see UR not far from me here in Vancouver.  Are you planning / know about the CVO hook-up in Reno?

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2005, 11:52:53 AM »

Dirt Bagger,   right now the time off we have is during Sturgis.  I have seen that there's going to be CVO gathering in Reno during street vibes and is causing me to rethink the Sturgis trip.  So as of right now I can't say I'll be there but, I'm gonna start working at it.  For me to switch my vac. is no problem for that time period, but the better half vacation trades are trickier.  We'll see.  We were there for the 02' rally and it was "Good Times", wouldn't mind having at it again.  Till next time.  Let's Roll [smiley=1syellow1.gif]
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2005, 11:55:16 PM »

JRUD,

Any news of yer ripe BANANA?  My cousin told me his buddies SEEG Yellow is in at Bartels in Marina Del Rey, CA, which is close to me.  I think it might be the demo that the dude on Ebay was selling the used body parts from.  My cousin told me to get ready for mine but, I told him I didn't think so because you guys haven't seen them yet.........right?

Yellowsed

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2005, 02:01:09 PM »

The date I got so far from my dealer is sometime in April.  Originally I was told Jan. because it was a "3rd phase bike".  Then I was told this year the MOCO did something different with CVO's.  They were going to ship in cycles not phases.  That the green would ship cycle 1-during phase 1-2 of the regular bikes, the the red cycle-2 would ship during end of phase 2 and during phase 3.  Yellow cycle-3 would ship at at the end of phase 3 and so on. Also they said that maybe next year, it will go back to shiping with the regular bikes.  So anyways I don't know what is what, all I know is that I haven't heard anybody getting theirs yet.  I did see the print out at my dealer of allocated bikes for the dealer and the date for the yellow was April.  Will see how it goes.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2005, 04:32:01 PM »

When the yellow bikes come out will they be 05 or 06 models? [smiley=laugh.gif]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 04:43:54 PM by hotlineguy »
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

mfgreen

« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2005, 05:18:26 PM »

When the yellow bikes come out will they be 05 or 06 models? [smiley=laugh.gif]

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2005, 10:52:47 PM »

JRUD,

Any news of yer ripe BANANA?

mfgreen

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2005, 11:09:52 PM »

Went by 3700 N. Juneau (H-D headquarters and saw several yellow SEEGs there this morning.  Glad I didn't have to ride at 17 degrees

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2005, 01:38:24 AM »

Went by 3700 N. Juneau (H-D headquarters and saw several yellow SEEGs there this morning.

lameduck

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2005, 03:02:44 AM »

I was just told I have an April build. When do you think that would be delivered?

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2005, 09:40:56 PM »

Bad news for the banana lovers.

Went by the Harley shop today and and my main contact looked it up and proclaimed!

"No yellow one here till end of May"   [smiley=cry2.gif]

They had two coming but when I ordered my red SEEG they traded a yellow one for a red one for me.

BobP

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2005, 10:36:38 PM »

I was shopping Southern California for a red SEEG on Feb 10.  A salesman at Palm Springs HD said they have a yellow one on the floor.
Bob

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2005, 10:55:17 PM »

I was shopping Southern California for a red SEEG on Feb 10.
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

BobP

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2005, 11:23:29 PM »

Yes, I asked the price.  The salesman said $2K over MSRP.  At that point in my search for a red SEEG, I breifly considered the yellow.  In the LA Basin, SEEGs are going between $3K and $6K over MSRP.  You can imagine the feeling I had when I found a red one for MSRP only 80 miles away.  I road it home in the rain that afternoon.
Bob

mfgreen

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2005, 08:30:12 AM »

Yes, I asked the price.

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2005, 10:16:18 AM »

Yes, I asked the price.

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2005, 08:47:46 PM »

i talked with my dealer and they said they did have confirmation on rec one but didnt have a delivery date yet. im getting the banana at msrp plus tx and lic= $33500.
otd. im getting it at redwood hd in eureka ca near the oregon border.

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2005, 01:14:25 AM »

i talked with my dealer and they said they did have confirmation on rec one but didnt have a delivery date yet. im getting the banana at msrp plus tx and lic= $33500.
otd. im getting it at redwood hd in eureka ca near the oregon border.

Hey guys, my dealer received fax from H-d on the bananas, our dealer's getting three and has a long list. Glad I put my name in last Oct. after the dealer show in San Diego. There getting the first in April, 2nd in May & 3rd Late May or June. Ours is MSRP & otd is $34K.  I guess our state tax is a little more here in L.A.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2005, 07:46:34 PM »

Roadking.....Had dinner last evening with a friend who owns several HD dealerships throughout the country.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2005, 09:21:21 PM »

Not to get any hopes up but my dealer said Saturday that he will have a banana the second week in April. Delivery is getting close.

It's about time!
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 21 queries.