Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Interesting observation.............  (Read 8779 times)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: Interesting observation.............
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 09:49:34 PM »

I really like my cherry but the 04 O/B's of Gettinold and Pete 4854 caught my eye in MV.. 

I know the feeling.  After almost 40K miles on the cherry I decided to get a second bike.  Looked at a lot of different years, models, etc, but the 04-05 SEEG's still won out.  I had always said that if I didn't get the cherry I would have gotten the pumpkin.  Now I don't have to say that anymore  :D
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 10:19:13 PM »

I love my banana and would not trade it for anything. It is so versatile, you can have everything on it
and go touring or in about 30 minutes strip it down to look like a slammed hot rod bagger. It is the best
of the cvo bikes!! That being said, I sure do like the 08 SEUC now that they put the king tour pack
on it. It looks so comfortable. Now if they could only fix the mechanical issues. :confused5:  :bananarock:

Mark

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 11:07:59 PM »

Yea, that along with the pricing issue.  Every dealership I go into lately is stocked to the doors with bikes and none are moving.  HD finally has hit the point where they're manufactureing more bikes than they can sell and it's got the guys at the dealerships pretty nervous.  Lower the price and they'll move a few more.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2007, 09:44:20 PM »

Yea, that along with the pricing issue.  Every dealership I go into lately is stocked to the doors with bikes and none are moving.  HD finally has hit the point where they're manufactureing more bikes than they can sell and it's got the guys at the dealerships pretty nervous.  Lower the price and they'll move a few more.
Hey JC, how much would they need to lower the prices to start to move them again?  :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 12:54:11 AM »

Hey JC, how much would they need to lower the prices to start to move them again?  :nixweiss: spyder

Good question........and we might just find out.

Ya know, back to my point in starting this thread.  Another thing that occured to me this weekend while riding up in Yosemite.  Which model of CVO is it that more owners own two of, than any other model.  The SEEG!

Andy, Ernie and Don (iselbulls) all have two each.  There may even be others here.........anybody? :nixweiss:

If money weren't the issue, I'm afraid I'd have another one, too.......just so I don't wear mine out too quick.  Harley may not be able to out-do the SEEG in my life time. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 06:19:41 AM »

Two SEEGs - no waiting!

I am considering letting the RK (95th Annie) go to make room for a  :pumpkin:  :2vrolijk_21: just have to nail down my next job (after retirement.) Candy's Cherry, the BnB, and a  :pumpkin: now that's a hat trick :2vrolijk_21:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2007, 08:38:29 AM »

Two SEEGs - no waiting!

I am considering letting the RK (95th Annie) go to make room for a  :pumpkin:  :2vrolijk_21: just have to nail down my next job (after retirement.) Candy's Cherry, the BnB, and a  :pumpkin: now that's a hat trick :2vrolijk_21:
Hey, that's just not fair.........must be a 'rule' against having 3 !!!  har!  :huepfenlol2: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 10:46:40 AM »

Hey, how about GM's trick of employee pricing, or 0 % financing, or $1,000 cash back.  It's so bad in the car market that most educated consumers wait until the end of the model year to get the best deals.  Maybe a desperate MoCo will resort to such tricks.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 11:01:12 AM »

Hey, how about GM's trick of employee pricing, or 0 % financing, or $1,000 cash back.  It's so bad in the car market that most educated consumers wait until the end of the model year to get the best deals.  Maybe a desperate MoCo will resort to such tricks.

It was only an overheard conversation but while at the local dealership Saturday heard one of thier long term employee salesman tell a relatively new rep that "Harley just cancelled a bunch of orders."  The other guy's response was "we got all this stuff here anyway."  This shop does have a sales floor full of bikes, that many more outside and a storage room in the bike 60-70 full of uncrated new product.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 08:40:30 AM »

Yea, starting with KHD's dealership.

West Coast GTG   

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 09:53:57 PM »

Time to get a new bike or put some $$$$$ into my '04 b/b seeg.Just came from the dealers where I ordered 575 gear drive cams, hiper oil pump,Power commander & 6 speed converison. Guess I figure on keeping this one.Haven't seen anything I like as well.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 09:59:54 PM »

Almost forgot!! Just turned 46,000 miles & Have a coast to coast planned next year.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 10:01:03 PM »

Time to get a new bike or put some $$$$$ into my '04 b/b seeg.Just came from the dealers where I ordered 575 gear drive cams, hiper oil pump,Power commander & 6 speed converison. Guess I figure on keeping this one.Haven't seen anything I like as well.
Oh Yeah, BAKRDS........long live the Huckleberrys!   :huepfenlol2: har!  ;D spyder

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2007, 06:48:27 PM »

I FEEL THE SAME WAY-THINKING OF GETTING A PUMPKIN TO GO WITH THE BANANA. THERE MIGHT BE A LOW MILEAGE ONE SOMEWHERE. :bananarock:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 03:26:40 PM »

I FEEL THE SAME WAY-THINKING OF GETTING A PUMPKIN TO GO WITH THE BANANA. THERE MIGHT BE A LOW MILEAGE ONE SOMEWHERE. :bananarock:

Folsom Harley Davidson, Folsom, Ca.......ask for Andy in sales.......tell him J.C. referred you.

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.