Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Re: Cobin seat issues  (Read 7297 times)

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
Re: Cobin seat issues
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2005, 11:22:26 AM »

Hmmmmmmmmm

Q: Why does Mustang use vinyl seat covering?

A:  What would be cuz vinyl is cheaper, Alex?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2005, 11:34:02 AM »

A:  What would be cuz vinyl is cheaper, Alex?

No soda spew on that one Elvis.  Close though  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2005, 12:30:40 PM »

Nope.  Nada.  Ain't happenin.  Not necessarily a big deal but again Mustang does not make leather seats.

http://www.mustangseats.com/hdcontst.htm

From the Mustang site FAQ:

All covers are designed, cut and individually sewn at our New England facility.

Covers are made of the highest quality expanded vinyl available. They have the appearance of black leather but the durability and resistance to the elements that exceed original equipment standards for motorcycle seats. All seams are sewn twice for strength. The bottom edge that holds the cover to the base plate is hemmed where the rivets hold the cover to the baseplate.

The edges of our seat skirts are finished with braid. Regal styles are tufted with covered buttons which are double-tied with four cords, not two. Mustang seats do not lose their buttons.

Q: Why does Mustang use vinyl seat covering?
A: Vinyl has the durability to resist all weather conditions better than other materials. It does not fade and requires practically no maintenance.

Q: Does Mustang offer leather seats as an option?
A: No, we do not make any seats in leather; all Mustang seats are covered with top quality expanded vinyl for durability and easy care.

Hey Elvis,

I stand corrected your right!. So I am wrong what else is new. Anyways I have one for my FLTSF and love it. Never had  aproblem with it and they are very comfortable for my tush and the little misses tush.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 12:32:53 PM by Rsantucc »
2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry Screaming Eagle Electra Glide, Freedom Pipe Pkg, Commander III Mapped, Stage 3, CC Screamin Eagle Heads, Barnett Scorpion Clutch, Screamin Eagle 6 Speed Gear set, KB High Compression Pistons, Gear Drive Adrew Cams, High Flow Filter, 113 HP 116 TQ

01 FLSTF Custom Head Quarters 1550 High Compression kit, HQ CNC Heads with Titanium Springs, Gear Drive HQ38 Cams, Daytona Twin Tech Ignition, B

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2005, 12:35:59 PM »

Hey Elvis,

I stand crrected your right!. So I am wrong what else is new. Anyways I ahve one for my FLTSF and love it. Never ahd  aproblem with it and they are very comfortable for my tush [bgcolor=Yellow]and the little misses tush[/bgcolor].

[smiley=worthless.gif]

Just kidding.  Hope you enjoy the seat.

elvis

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2005, 01:14:39 PM »

Hey Elvis,

I stand corrected your right!. So I am wrong what else is new. Anyways I have one for my FLTSF and love it. Never had  aproblem with it and they are very comfortable for my tush and the little misses tush.

Good thread guys and gals,  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Mrs. We and I are on the hunt for newer seating  [smiley=inquisitive.gif] and this confirms my fears on the Corbin QA side of the house. We have pretty well settled on ordering a seat for delivery in Daytona and will pay for it upon proper installation. I guess that would make us our own QA -- otta be a discount for something like that, eh Hubbard?

On that Mustang topic, I am riding on the 2 Up Mustang I bought for our 95th Ann Road King and it is a GREAT saddle, couldn't fit the BlackBerry any better! The only reason I want to swap it out is because it puts me too far foward. I am 5-11 and only have a 30 to 32 inch inseam (depending on style of Levis) and I feel the need to skooch back a bit. As for comfort, I broke my back a few years ago and would not be able to get there from here without that Mustang.

Just my $500 worth.  [smiley=drink.gif]

Hey, where are we riding to this weekend? [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]                                                                                                                                                                                99
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 01:16:16 PM by WeCVO »
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2005, 01:22:08 PM »

Good thread guys and gals,  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Mrs. We and I are on the hunt for newer seating  [smiley=inquisitive.gif] and this confirms my fears on the Corbin QA side of the house. We have pretty well settled on ordering a seat for delivery in Daytona and will pay for it upon proper installation. I guess that would make us our own QA -- otta be a discount for something like that, eh Hubbard?

On that Mustang topic, I am riding on the 2 Up Mustang I bought for our 95th Ann Road King and it is a GREAT saddle, couldn't fit the BlackBerry any better! The only reason I want to swap it out is because it puts me too far foward. I am 5-11 and only have a 30 to 32 inch inseam (depending on style of Levis) and I feel the need to skooch back a bit. As for comfort, I broke my back a few years ago and would not be able to get there from here without that Mustang.

Just my $500 worth.  [smiley=drink.gif]

Hey, where are we riding to this weekend? [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]                                                                                                                                                                                99

Hey Mr WeCVO,

I tried the Mustang 2 Up seat at Americade and yes your right it does out you slightly higher up and forward. But I also tried the Solo Seat with back rest same size 16.5" wide as 2 up and it puts you lower and back into the saddle compared to the 2 up. Fit great like a glove, (Not an OJ Glove a glove, Just a little humour). Alos the passinger lseat is 13.5" same size as the 2 up. may wnat to give it a test ride before you buy a Corbin. Just a receceomndation since you have had alot fo success with the Mustang Seats.
2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry Screaming Eagle Electra Glide, Freedom Pipe Pkg, Commander III Mapped, Stage 3, CC Screamin Eagle Heads, Barnett Scorpion Clutch, Screamin Eagle 6 Speed Gear set, KB High Compression Pistons, Gear Drive Adrew Cams, High Flow Filter, 113 HP 116 TQ

01 FLSTF Custom Head Quarters 1550 High Compression kit, HQ CNC Heads with Titanium Springs, Gear Drive HQ38 Cams, Daytona Twin Tech Ignition, B

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2005, 09:36:49 PM »

Well, here is where I am at with Corbin.  I must admit, I am impressed with the effort, and am getting my faith restored in humanity here.
Anyhow, I have been talking to a rep in Florida, by the name of Bruce, and he basically said, we are on a mission to improve customer service, and we will do whatever it takes to make it right.  

I had the seat and backrests in the car and was on my way to return it all to the dealer, and buy the new Road King Comfort Stich Reach.  Just became available.  Got there, and they wanted me to talk to the Corbin rep and make sure they weren't going to eat any charges for the return. (typical, I spend almost $40,000 with all the accesories, on a SEEG, and they start to bitch about $80 in freight)
When I called Bruce from their shop, he said he wanted to take a shot at making the seat work for me, and said their head shop guy had some ideas about getting more space for my wife, and adjusting my position forward 1-1 1/2 inches, which I really needed, being inseam challenged.  He also said, they would be making a custom pan to accomodate these changes and completely rebuild the seat.
I said my concern was that we go though all this, and it still is not a comfortable, well fitted seat, but I have had 2 months go by since the purchase.  He said then Corbin would issue the dealer a full credit authorization, so I could apply my money toward the Road King seat was looking at there.

It is not going to be a done deal for a few weeks, but just the effort they are making says alot, and I am not sure any other company would do all this.  I also pointed out to him that no one noticed that I had ordered the 02-L for both of the backrests, and when I checked their catalog, it is very specific in saying the 02-L which is the large oval is only recommeded for the passenger, and not to be used for the rider because it limits the passenger leg space radically!  I am asking them to replace one of my 02-L's with an
02-S which is the small oval.
I will keep you all informed, and post pictures of the final product.  

Don't give up on Corbin just yet, now if this all is lip service, I will be the first one up on the soap box bitching you can bet on that, but I think this guy is really trying.
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2005, 02:16:48 PM »

On the subject of Corbin, finally got some good news...my backrest I ordered in March (arrrgh) finally arrived.  They even got the black snake trim & chrome right.  If they didn't do such good work, I'd have quit em by now for their crappy customer service...but DAMN...turned out worth the wait.

elvis
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 02:22:22 PM by elvisdoc »

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2005, 02:17:45 PM »

Pic 2

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2005, 02:25:27 PM »

Dang, Elvis..........that looks so good it was worth the "wait".  How's it ride?  I really like the looks on the scooter.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2005, 02:33:56 PM »

Dang, Elvis..........that looks so good it was worth the "wait".  How's it ride?  I really like the looks on the scooter.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   spyder

Thanks, Spyder...think it turned out well.  Wanted to keep the lines of the bike and add some comfort over that stocker we got.  So far, I would say I am real happy with it.  As for the ride, the Stinger is now breaking in just fine and the backrest makes it very comfortable.  Haven't put an Iron Butt in yet but so far the miles have been all smiles.  I think this seat and backrest need a trip to the Smokies.....yall ready yet.....oh yea, you're already there, you lucky beesterd. [smiley=laugh.gif]

elvis
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 02:36:02 PM by elvisdoc »

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2005, 08:24:33 PM »

Elvis,  that's right...Spyder is already in the Smokies.  Let's all go to Spyders' house!!!!!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2005, 08:30:17 PM »

Ya'll get back on topic.  Ride this way to break-in those new (read: HARD) Corbin seats.....and although I'm not in the 'Smokies'(about 250miles due East), we'll ride that way together! Har!   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2005, 08:46:35 PM »

Yeah, Elvis.........I'm wanting to see those Hoppe lower fairing vents anyway!  Har!     spyder

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2005, 10:15:50 PM »

Latest update on Corbin issue.  Figured out one of the space problems for the passenger turned out to be they sold me the 02-L for both backrests, even tho their own catalog says not to use the 02-L on the front because in dramatically reduces the leg space for the passenger.  E-mailed Bruce at Corbin, gave him the quote and suggested they make a new backrest in the 02-S version that is recommended.  The saga continues next week.
Hey Elvis, that seat looks great, real class.
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.593 seconds with 21 queries.