Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: D&D Fatcats finally installed  (Read 1178 times)

HDJamsTX

• Full CVO Member
  • It's Hammer Time!!!
D&D Fatcats finally installed
« on: October 05, 2005, 10:37:29 PM »

Well after they have been sitting in my garage for almost a month now i finally got my New exhaust put on today, along with my 1000 mile service (done early only 830 miles)
but needed it done before i go on my first 1000 plus mile trip next week to Parde Island.
They installed the pipes and the stage one with screaming eagle air cleaner. They also installed the ECM? from the SE Race Tuner kit??? I think thats what he called it.
Any way it HAS NOT been tuned/dyno tuned yet. I'm schedule to have that done Monday.
On the way riding it home the bike heasitated/lurching etc. and felt like it was missing.
Is this the norm till it gets tuned up?? or should i be concered something was not done correctly??

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: D&D Fatcats finally installed
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 11:57:08 PM »

Personally, I can't tell you what the norm is.......I'll not ride a bike with those alterations until after it's been dyno tuned.  JMHO
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 08:51:05 AM »

Well after they have been sitting in my garage for almost a month now i finally got my New exhaust put on today, along with my 1000 mile service (done early only 830 miles)
but needed it done before i go on my first 1000 plus mile trip next week to Parde Island.
They installed the pipes and the stage one with screaming eagle air cleaner. They also installed the ECM? from the SE Race Tuner kit??? I think thats what he called it.
Any way it HAS NOT been tuned/dyno tuned yet. I'm schedule to have that done Monday.
[bgcolor=Yellow]On the way riding it home the bike heasitated/lurching etc. and felt like it was missing. [/bgcolor]
Is this the norm till it gets tuned up?? or should i be concered something was not done correctly??

Even with a standard map in the RaceTuner rather than a custom dyno-tune, you shouldn't be having those issues.  I suggest you have them try again, and this time use the correct map for your combination.  For the price H-D charges for a RT, no one should  have to accept worse performance than stock!

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 07:12:20 PM »

Sorry I am not home atm or I would send you a map that would get you by till your dyno tune.

I WOULD NOT ride it if is doing this you have no idea how lean it is.

My best guess is that it is super lean due to your explaination of what your feeling when you ride it.

Do you have a laptop or a computer you can bring near your bike?   If you do and you can wait till Saturday night late when I get back from Soggy Valley I will give ya a call and walk you through it so you can ride sunday night.

Let me know via a PM if this is something you want to do.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

HDJamsTX

• Full CVO Member
  • It's Hammer Time!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 11:36:16 PM »

Thanks unbalanced...... I got hold of a motorcycle trailer and will take it over on Saturday so they can start on Tuning it first thing Monday.
There is no way i could use my computer to do a map program. It's upstairs and i'm about as computer dumb  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] as you can be.  Thanks for the offer....

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 22 queries.