Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES  (Read 15948 times)

Scrrem

• Full CVO Member
  • 2005 FLHTCSE2
Re: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 11:05:26 AM »

Yep, same here.  I have to roll my back tire up on a 2x6 to accomidate my lift.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2005, 12:08:16 PM »

Before I got the (big) lift a few months ago the little motorcycle jack I'd used for years would just barely get under the SEEG.  Had to hold the bike upright for the jack to get underneath.  With the bike leaning the bike wouldn't pass the left side of the frame.  But running either wheel up on a 2x raised the bike enough that plenty of clearance was created.  So hopefully this wouldn't be a big issue.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2005, 12:11:22 PM »

By the way, how many are actually interested in a group purchase right away.  We'd need to know how generally how many we were interested in before approaching the company.

As for the stupid tool they make you buy; I'd be more than happy to just pass it around and would promise to use it promptly and pass it on to the next guy.

Will place a poll up at the top here for interest in a group purchase.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2005, 03:45:49 PM »

There's already six interested parties in the poll up on top here.  If it gets to 10, and we figure in a bit of attrition, there should still be enough to contact the manufacturer about a group purchase and make it worth their effort to offer a discount for bulk.

If it gets that far does someone prefer to be the person making the approach to the company and handling the arrangements?  I'll do it if no one else is interested.  But if someone else wants to speak now or forever hold your throttle.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2005, 07:59:47 PM »

What about an option on the poll for the Ride-Str8?  I'm interested in one of these devices, but the Ride-Str8 looks more appealing to me.  Are we saying they're just too much $$$s? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2005, 01:07:09 AM »

I'm with Brian, I like the Ride-Str8 better, looks better built.  I think he gave the group a special rate the last time a group buy was discussed.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2005, 01:08:27 AM »

I am going to get one of them, just not sold on which one yet, [smiley=nixweiss.gif] They both have drawbacks, The ride straight need a new floor board mount. and the other may have the issue in using the lift. I have a Big lift for wrenching but I use the smaller jack for washing the bike. I'll need to try to lift it with the jack mount in front of the cross member to see if its stable.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2005, 01:33:22 AM »

I'm with Brian, I like the Ride-Str8 better, looks better built.  I think he gave the group a special rate the last time a group buy was discussed.

The biggest reasons I was sold going to the other one (the true track) was the ride str8 cost about a hundred bucks more and it required doing something different with one of the rider floorboard brackets.  I called to ask about their "exchange program" for the brackets and everything they said they had was painted.  So whatever gets supplied still has to be sent out to be chromed.  Was just more hassle than I wanted to get in to for what was hoped to be a "simple little project."

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
  • Screamin Chicken Hatched 5/13/05
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2005, 09:20:22 AM »

This looks like it may get done.  I also do not want to modify the floorboard thing and use a full lift so the underside thing won't matter to me at all.    [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]JP
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

Triumph Rocket III - Pipes, Bags and JM music living with my dad for now

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2005, 09:41:30 AM »

We need O'Fender's input here.  He's got the True-Track and posted photos (which are gone now, thanks to the fracking hacker) of the scrape marks on his.

If you follow the link above to the group buy on the Ride-Str8, there is another link in there that will take you to the thread that was started about these devices.  O'Fender's photos were in that thread, and while the photos will be gone, I think there was some commentary about the issues he was having with ground clearance.

Gary A has one of them too ( don't remember which one) and posted very positive feed back......about a year or so ago.  You can probably do a search and find it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 09:43:14 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2005, 11:30:39 AM »

OK, I'm in. I've decide that I did not want to deal with the exchange and re-chroming of my floor board bracket.

TB

• Full CVO Member
  • Name: TB
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2005, 11:50:25 AM »

Keep in mind that the True-Trak is black anodized.  I was concerned that it wouldn't match my gray motor and oil tank so I bought a can of gray engine paint from the dealer.  At the end of the day, where it is located under the bike, I didn't paint it after all.  It really isn't very noticable unless you know what it is and are looking for it.

Yea, I know. [smiley=worthless.gif]
TB
2008 FLHX, 103 Big Bore, SE Air Cleaner and re-map, Klock Werk windshield.
2005 Assembled - Grim Reap'r -100ci RevTech, Prowler frame.
1993 Sportster - Steam Roll'r - 1200cc, 200 front tire, Paucho springer.
more photos at:  www.nccycle.com

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2005, 12:40:34 PM »

One other thing here.  Haven't seen anyone run up to the bar asking to take the lead on contacting the company and attempting to broker the group purchase.  That being so I'll go ahead and plan on making the contacts.

Just so everyone knows I'll discuss it with them as follows:

1) Each buyer will call the company to order directly for their order so we won't be reshipping parts and one buy (me) won't be responsible for buying everyone's and then getting reimbursed.

2) Each buyer will make his own decision on the tool.  If several of you look and see a possible need for using it I'll gladly try to get them to throw one in if we're purchasing 6-10 units overall.  If they do throw one in it can be passed around.

3) I'll wait to call them until at least a half dozen people have confirmed to via PM that they want in; for sure.  Do this either by posting your name here or sending me a PM.  Once I know a firm minimum number I can better discount some level of discount with the company and then will post that price here.   From there a final tally of total particpants interested in that price can sally up to the bar and order their drinks.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2005, 12:44:06 PM »

I'm in! Thanks for taking the lead on this! Sent you a pm as well.

TB

• Full CVO Member
  • Name: TB
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2005, 01:46:41 PM »

My experience with the straightening tool is that it is not always necessary.  The installation on the Roadglide did not require the tool at all.  Went on the first try with no alignment issues,

On the other hand, my SERK was giving us fits trying to align the large round coutersunk nuts on the topside of the dogbone.  After several "alignments" with the straightening tool, we found that by adjusting the threads of the cross link slightly we were able to get the nuts to seat properly into the two large holes in the frame crossmember.   I'm not sure that the straightening tool did anything for us.  

TB
2008 FLHX, 103 Big Bore, SE Air Cleaner and re-map, Klock Werk windshield.
2005 Assembled - Grim Reap'r -100ci RevTech, Prowler frame.
1993 Sportster - Steam Roll'r - 1200cc, 200 front tire, Paucho springer.
more photos at:  www.nccycle.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 20 queries.