Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES  (Read 16026 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES
« Reply #195 on: August 31, 2005, 10:57:56 PM »

If anyone has sent an email to Ride Str8 using the handle "Big Blue" and the name Mike you need to contact him again.

MFG's name was Mike. [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #196 on: August 31, 2005, 11:21:53 PM »

This I think was legit.  Was posted a few days ago that within a 30 day window individuals could take advantage of the group price.  Dan forwarded me a contact he'd received through his website that mentioned our group buy as specified in that prior post.  

The user was using an alias "big-bike" with an email address that was a variation of that handle.  We actually have a new user here with a username big-blue-bike whose email address is a typo's difference from what was given to Dan.  So I think it's not Chip screwing around with Dan but someone actually trying to buy a set of parts but lacking good tpying skills.  [smiley=7.gif]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 11:22:45 PM by twolanerider »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2005, 11:46:58 PM »

Don, there is a user on here with the handle "Big Blue Bike."  You might want to try the PM route to contact him (you may need to use underscores where the blanks are, not sure [smiley=confused5.gif]), or also, you would have access to his e-mail addy to try that way.  Chances are, that's your man.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2005, 11:48:45 PM »

Don, there is a user on here with the handle "Big Blue Bike."  You might want to try the PM route to contact him (you may need to use underscores where the blanks are, not sure [smiley=confused5.gif]), or also, you would have access to his e-mail addy to try that way.  Chances are, that's your man.

Had already PM's and emailed him and forwarded what is believed to be the corrected email address to Ride Str8.  If he's interested in the product he'll know about it from someplace now.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #199 on: August 31, 2005, 11:48:49 PM »

Oh, looks like you were one step ahead of me (again [smiley=furious.gif])!   [smiley=laugh.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #200 on: August 31, 2005, 11:52:41 PM »

Oh, looks like you were one step ahead of me (again [smiley=furious.gif])!   [smiley=laugh.gif]

It is Big Blue Bike's birthday this Saturday.  Did you know that, too, Don or did I get ya just this once?! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #201 on: August 31, 2005, 11:53:30 PM »

I'm not taking the blame for anything.  Everything is still JC's fault !!   [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2005, 04:52:28 PM »

Posting here to answer for everyone a question that was asked in PM.  Anyone considering taking advantage of the group purchase price as an individual needs to do so by September 22.  That is the last day Dan will accept orders from individuals and give them the group price.  
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 04:53:06 PM by twolanerider »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #203 on: September 02, 2005, 12:58:57 PM »

Ok gentlemen.  All product has shipped.  Received the bulk box last evening and just got back from visiting FedEx over lunch.  All the individual packages are shipped FedEx ground from zip code 64801 (so you can check the FedEx website and get an idea of your individual delivery schedules).

Should be anywhere from a couple of days to five depending on where in the country you are.  If you haven't seen yours in what seems an appropriate amount of time let me know.  I've got the tracking numbers for all of them.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #204 on: September 03, 2005, 10:50:46 PM »

I did the "hard" part of the Ride-Str8 install today and thought I'd share some photos and comments relative to installing one of these units if you're running the stock head pipes.

Most of this is covered in the Ride-Str8 instructions (they are really good), but there is more involved with loosening up the exhaust system than installing the swingarm bracket itself.  I started by removing the heat shield from the right side crossover and the one that runs along the bottom directly behind the rider's foot board and loosened the one on the front head pipe.  This was to gain access to the nuts at the exhaust flange without scratching the shields and to be able to spread apart the clampt that holds the exhaust to the bracket under the transmission side cover.  You need to remove the nut and bolt from that clamp and spread it open so that you'll have some room for movement there when you loosen the remainder of the exhaust.  Then, loosen the TORCA clamp above the starter to allow for some movement in the exhaust at that joint and remove the keps nut from the starter bracket to further free-up the head pipes.  Next, loosen (don't remove) all four exhaust flange nuts at the heads.  I loosened them until there were maybe 2 threads holding them on.

After you do all that, you will have just enough room to get the lower nut off the footboard.  It is still a tight squeeze, but if you pry the the tip of the muffler outward, it will basically come right off.  When putting the new one on, I put the supplied Loctite on the threads inside the swingarm bracket instead of the bolts themselves and then inserted the lower bolt into the bracket before putting the bracket on.

Loosening the exhaust flange nuts was easier than tightening them back up.  There is not much room on the lower rear nut due to the way the crossover is made.  I was able to get a fairly thin-walled 1/2" 6-pt 1/4"-drive socket on that one which seemed to work best.  On the top rear and top front, a deep well 3/8-drive worked fine and on the lower front, a box-end wrench was all I could fit.  The flange nuts take a light torque: 100 -120 inch-lbs., which is basically "snug."  I found it impossible to get a torque wrench on the two lower bolts, so I torqued the ones I could get to and then calibrated my biceps to what those felt like.  Patience is a virtue when working with those nuts and trying to get wrenches on them.  I was concerned about the possibility of exhaust leaks from disturbing the gaskets, but all seems to be fine.  The remainder of the exhaust components were re-installed in the reverse order of the way they were removed.

Here are a couple photos of the finshined install of the bracket only.  Since I am going to get a new tire within the next 400 miles, I elected to hold off on completing the installation until I do the tire, at which time I'll have the alignment checked and then be good to go.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #205 on: September 03, 2005, 10:51:26 PM »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #206 on: September 04, 2005, 01:12:22 AM »

Where you'd get the decorative doomafloppy for the middle of the bracket ?

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #207 on: September 04, 2005, 01:30:59 AM »

Where you'd get the decorative doomafloppy for the middle of the bracket ?

It is a metal plate with the dealer's name, location, and H-D logo silkscreened on it.  They put one on the dipstick of every new bike as a form of advertisement, similar, I guess, to what car dealers do with license plate frames, trunk decals/plates, etc..  They are good to me, so when I switched out the oil temp dipstick, I took it off and put it on the chrome cover of the swingarm bracket with double-sided tape.  You have to look a bit to see it, but I like the way it looks there and it helps to get the word out about a good dealer. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #208 on: September 04, 2005, 01:42:27 AM »

I like the way it looks there and it helps to get the word out about a good dealer. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

cool  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #209 on: September 12, 2005, 01:42:14 AM »

Just received a delivery confirmation email from FedEx that read that all the Ride Str8 packages were delivered as of Saturday 10 September.  If someone in fact does not have theirs let me know right away so tracking can be commenced with the shipper.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Page created in 0.39 seconds with 21 queries.