Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES  (Read 16025 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2005, 01:01:09 AM »

Answering a question here that was asked in a PM so that anyone else wondering the same thing will know for sure.

Was asked if the (now) lesser expensive Ride Str8 was the unit that suggested buying the special tool to go along with it.  

The answer is no.  No special tools needed or sugguested for the Ride Str8.  So to those that might have bought the tool also the Ride Str8 is now even that much more less expensive.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 01:01:55 AM by twolanerider »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2005, 01:27:11 AM »

Dude, give me a couple of days on a final price.  I need an email response from the Ride Str8 guy telling me size and weight on the individual packages.  I didn't think to ask him that question when we were on the phone earlier.  Until I have that I can't estimate that the last-leg freight charge will be to get the individual units from me to everyone.

On the Paypal thing; that'll be fine.  I'll then just write the guy a check to cover the cost for all those that do Paypal.  One thing on those that choose to pay by Paypal though; it'll cost more.  Not much, but approximately $10.00.  

On the business cards the Paypal fee was like 87 cents or some such silly amount.  Certainly not enough to worry about; so I didn't.

For these purchases, however, the paypal fee of 2.9% plus thirty cents will be somewhere around ten bucks.  As much as I love each and every one of you I don't want to eat $10.00 on every order.  After the freight charge is known I'll be able to tell you an exact grand total.  Once I get the freight fee and the paypal fee in hand everyone will then know exactly how much to pay whichever way they may be paying.

If anyone is wondering what the running tally of confirmed participants in the group buy has climbed to you can see that in the last post of the "True Track or Ride Str8" thread in the "Group Buy" section.  

I will keep that thread locked so the information about the group buy and the running tally can exist in a place that is easy to find and won't get buried by further conversation.  Questions and conversation on the group buy should stay here.

To see the information-only thread click here:

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=mkt_group;action=display;num=1123273498

« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 01:14:22 AM by twolanerider »

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2005, 02:21:58 AM »

Today, while at the HD Rapid City dealership I had the opportunity to speak at length with Wil Phillips the founding father and patent pending owner of 'True-Track". I found him to be very informative and passionate about his product. His email address is:

truetrack@netscape.net

I encouraged him to join this website ala Pez so he can converse with everyone directly. He wrote down the address so I  expect he will be participating soon.
Or you can call him @ 818 623-0697

He said he's sold almost 1300 so far with a full money back guarantee and to date he has a 100% satisfaction rate. He had some very good reason's why he feels his product is superior to anything else on the market, but I'll leave that to him to explain.....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2005, 03:38:43 AM »

Today, while at the HD Rapid City dealership I had the opportunity to speak at length with Wil Phillips the founding father and patent pending owner of 'True-Track". I found him to be very informative and passionate about his product. His email address is:

truetrack@netscape.net

I encouraged him to join this website ala Pez so he can converse with everyone directly. He wrote down the address so I  expect he will be participating soon.
 Or you can call him @ 818 623-0697

He said he's sold almost 1300 so far with a full money back guarantee and to date he has a 100% satisfaction rate. He had some very good reason's why he feels his product is superior to anything else on the market, but I'll leave that to him to explain.....

Thanks for the insights Fatboy.  When I spoke with Dan at Ride Str8 he too was very helpful, very pleasant to speak with, very informative and very confident in his product and its history.  He also is offering us a money back guarantee should anyone prove to be in any way dissatisfied with the product.

I personally was originally inclined to the True Track product.  Purely for reasons of price.  I thought the Ride Str8 was at least an esthetically more pleasing product and that it seemed to suggest a perhaps more mature bit of engineering in its development.  But, in truth, I can't know which is actually "better," if either of them really is.  So I was choosing between otherwise seemingly comparable products based on price.

When each company was asked to offer us a price for our doing group business with them Ride Str8 extended a considerably greater courtesy.  Their discount offer made the product that was originally considerably more expensive now a fair amount less expensive.  It's great we've got the options.  But of the two the Ride Str8 seems our better one right now and is the one that all who have confirmed so far are interested in pursuing the group purchase with.  

Once the Ride Str8 deal is done, however, if other members want something pursued with True Track I'll be more than happy to run a second set of logistics for a True Track purchase as well.  Interested folks can contact me once we've got the Ride Str8 package put to bed.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2005, 04:25:01 PM »

Just looked in here to see if anyone else had joined in commitment to the group buy.  There are four who have joined in for sure right now.  The poll above currently has 16 who've indicated they are interested.  A few more of those need to be buyers for us to pull this off.  The group price isn't available unless we get at least six.

Please note that even though we need a few more on board to make this happen doesn't mean the notice has to be given today.  Just trying to keep everyone apprized of where we are.  

To give time for those who have gone to Sturgis a chance to get home and particpate we'll make the cut off date Saturday the 20th.  That will mean all payments either via Paypal or via postal mail will need to be in to me by that date.  I'll then prepare all the order info and Priority Mail it on to Ride Str8 on Monday the 22nd.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2005, 06:20:24 PM »

Here are some photos I ran across of the Ride-Str8 setup.  They were somewhere her on the site before, but lost to the hacker.  These show clearly how the passenger floorboard mount is modified and how the unit attaches to the oil pan.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2005, 06:21:02 PM »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2005, 06:21:35 PM »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2005, 07:07:16 PM »

Just wondering..........by 'hard-mounting' to the oil bag, will you be adding viberation that was isolated by the rubber mount?  Any concern about viberation-induced stress?  Does anyone know of anyone that has run this unit for awhile/considerable miles and their results?    [smiley=confused5.gif]   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2005, 07:07:49 PM »

Tater-O-Tater
Ride-str8 is calling you!

Actually; that brings up a thought.  Hadn't considered bikes other than the current SE models that most of us are chattering about.  If someone has a touring model prior to an 02 model there is a Ride Str8 available for models 1994 to 2001 as well.  They were only $275.00 to begin with.  

Since I've not broached the topic with the manufacturer I don't know if the same discount would apply on those models as well.  But if someone has a bike prior to an 02 model and is interested let me know.  I'll find out about including the other part number in the group and what the terms might be.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2005, 07:09:08 PM »

Here are some photos I ran across of the Ride-Str8 setup.  They were somewhere her on the site before, but lost to the hacker.  These show clearly how the passenger floorboard mount is modified and how the unit attaches to the oil pan.

Just realized from your pictures Brian that with the true duals (no crossover) my install will be a fair bit faster.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2005, 07:13:50 PM »

Just realized from your pictures Brian that with the true duals (no crossover) my install will be a fair bit faster.

Yes, but this looks simple enough that if it takes anyone longer than a half hour, they're drinking too much beer. [smiley=drink.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2005, 07:17:38 PM »

they're drinking too much beer. [smiley=drink.gif]

[smiley=shocked2.gif]   [smiley=givemebeer.gif]  [smiley=shocked2.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2005, 07:21:16 PM »

Oh, yeah!  Not possible! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2005, 07:36:05 PM »

Just wondering..........by 'hard-mounting' to the oil bag, will you be adding viberation that was isolated by the rubber mount?  Any concern about viberation-induced stress?  Does anyone know of anyone that has run this unit for awhile/considerable miles and their results?    [smiley=confused5.gif]   spyder

Spyder, to me this is pretty much a duplication of how the front mount is stabilzed.  Because of that, I would not anticipate any issues with additional vibration getting to the rider or causing issues with the frame itself.  "mw8385" (the fellow whose bike was used for the photos above) and "STROKR" are the only two guys here that I know of for sure who are running these.  I will PM them to solicit any comments they might have and direct them to this thread for them to post to.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.