Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Wife hates the Sundowner...  (Read 2357 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Wife hates the Sundowner...
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2005, 01:53:15 AM »

LetsRoll I just bought a new seat on the road king pictured under other topics (hallowed engines), so far its far more comfortable for my wife than the 04 / 05 seats respectively.   My wife has not yet given me the comparision till we do a bit more riding on whether she likes the mustang better or the new one I got for the road king.

You still have a few choices like air ride / corbin (but friends all tell me corbins take a bit to break in then they love em)   I havent tried one yet, I was happy with my mustang seat.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2005, 11:07:39 AM »

The mustang is very comfortable for the passenger, but Lets Roll, I always say the best seat - bar none - on any kind of bike -

Is the front seat.  Buy her her own SEEG. She will love it.

[smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JimsSEEG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2005, 08:20:41 PM »

Unbalanced,

Is that the stock RK seat in the picture??

Had a Corbin Dual Tour on the FatBoy, again, I liked my half, but the wife complained like sitting on a board. Due to the shape / rise on the edge of the seat, it made her slide forward, so she was always trying to push herself back with her feet. I spent 14 hours on the Corbin coming back from Milwaukee in 03, wife could only do about 240 miles in a day and then complained all night and wouldn't ride for another month.

Good thing the Galveston trip is close, instead of her looking at the usual stuff, she's gonna spend time sitting on seats if the seat vendors are there.

Jim
Jim

"Ophelia"

"pull that thing in here - it's not running good enough to scatter sh*& with a hay rake...."   E.K.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2005, 08:53:01 PM »

The mustang is very comfortable for the passenger, but Lets Roll, I always say the best seat - bar none - on any kind of bike -

Is the front seat.
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2005, 09:34:46 PM »

The wife is not the one that hates the SEEG seat, that would be me.  But next week I'm going to Reno for Street Vibes from Wa state .  So  I'm going to like it, I'm going to like it, I'm going to like it.  Oh S**t that won't work.  

Anyways my wife rides her own 03 Heritage, no complaints there.   Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2005, 01:18:43 AM »

I bought the Sunray heated seat when I bought my bike and have been very satisfied with it. I have made several 6-700 mile days in this saddle and felt like I could go more. I had the Sundowner seat on my Road King Classic and was happy with it too. The Sunray seat is a bit wider (17.5" and 13.5") than the Sundowner (15" and 12").

I have always wanted to try the Mustang seat which I have had on my scooter for a month or two now. I would say it's about a tie with my Sunray seat but my Sunray seat has it beat because of the heated seat! Ofcourse everyones backsides are different and so is everyones opinons! Good luck finding the one that will CRACK a smile on your face or your backside!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 01:20:02 AM by J.Rud »

phattey

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's the journey...

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 Sold
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2005, 12:41:17 PM »

Wendy and I were riding Saturday and stopped by Miller's in Daytona...

They let us try on the Mustang Sport Touring seat....put the rider and passenger backrests back on, and WOW....

Left the stock seat there (they'll ship it home) and rode in serious comfort back up to jacksonville. She loved it...plus it really dosen't look that bad. The vinyl is dull opposed to Le Pera shinny. Matches the large backrest pad from Harley perfectly(we have the tall upright and large pad on when we're not using the tourpack).

Their regular touring seat was a little too talll and wide for me, thus the sport tourer was perfect.. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Not for everyone, but I finally found something she likes and I can live with. Feet still flat on the ground just like the stock seat.

I'll get some shots...

P

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2005, 09:28:08 AM »

Congrats phattey!   [smiley=beerchug.gif]

I bought that very same seat from Laker and agree it is comfortable.   Wife likes it too, but  I will probably sell this one and put the Sunray heated seat by HD back on. It sits me a little lower, just as comfortable, and it's heated.  . May you have many MOONS of enjoyment on your new saddle and God Bless!

[smiley=banana.gif]  JR   [smiley=banana.gif]

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2005, 07:04:04 PM »

Mustang touring seat on my 78 Electra Glide.
Stock Ultra seat on my Ultra, changed to Zepplin seat, Zepplin was much better. Still got sore butt on long runs and with my short legs I had to stand on my tip toes to hold it up because of how wide the seat was.
Corbin Dual Tour Heated seat on the 04SEEG is by far the best seat I've owned for comfort on long runs for both myself and passenger.
It is a hard seat and Corbin explains why that is better for long runs.
If I had to get another seat, I would buy the exact same one.

Come to think of it, not sure how much the Progressive 440's play in this picture. I got seat and shocks about the same time.

3500 miles in 10 days and our butts did not get sore.
Arms, Shoulders, Back got a little sore at times, Face (sunburn) all the normal stuff. We both have a little extra built in padding, that may have a little to do with it as well. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.