Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Yikes ! Suspension is awful  (Read 3958 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Yikes ! Suspension is awful
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 02:30:46 PM »

At 20 lbs. of air in the stock shocks I'm sure you were bottoming out, riding two up.  I ran 35 lbs. solo and 45 lbs. two up.

Most SEEG owners were switching to the Progressive 440 shocks but I didn't want to be in the situation that you're in (can't tell any difference).  Eventually I sprung for the Progressive 440 HD (heavy duty) shocks.  Initially I thought there wasn't any difference and posted here, that it was wasted money.  Eventually I learned that while I had one shock adjusted to four full rotations up, the other shock was four full rotations down.  Once I got them set right, there's no comparrison to the stock shocks.

While they're a little stiffer than the stock shocks, that aids in handling and you don't have the bone jarring bottoming out that the stock shocks have.  I can loosen them up when it's just me or crank em down when I'm going to be loaded up for a road trip.  Find somebody that's near you that's familiar with Progressive and you'll be happy with them :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
Re: Yikes ! Suspension is awful
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 03:01:10 PM »

I run with the Progressive 440 (HD), I tried the standard duty and blew a seal with my wife on the back on my old SEUC.
I am 195 and the wife....... not heavy at all.

The HD is the way to go, not sure I have mine dialed in right. I saw a thread that was very specific on how to dial them in, just ain't got that far yet.

I am satisfied with them.
They perform quite well, the main reason for the change ....... I am vertically challenged. 5'7" I needed to lower the bike.

I catch a bump every time I ride that makes a noise, doesn't mean the shock isn't working.

Hang around a year or so and see how the road maintenance crews are doing.....if they haven't been laid off. :)
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.