Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Must Have Changes For New SEEGs...  (Read 52810 times)

Jackhd

• Full CVO Member
  • many happy miles ahead
Re: Must Have Changes For New SEEGs...
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2004, 04:18:20 PM »

I had bought two locks a couple weeks and the HD shop told me I was lucky to get them because they are quit making them.  [smiley=confused5.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2004, 06:23:48 PM »

I had bought two locks a couple weeks and the HD shop told me I was lucky to get them because they are quit making them.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2004, 10:48:28 AM »

The single most important item has got to be a taller windshield, the stock one is worse than useless, it forces the wind right into your face at any speed above 50mph. I bought the 8" and it is perfect for my 6' body. I also had to remove the heel portion of the shifter, just way to annoying and restrictive for my foot.
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2004, 12:12:44 PM »

I just bought a floorboard spreader (search that on ebay) for my bike.  It takes the floorboards out 3/4" on both sides, giving you just that much more boot room.  I think that it will be very helpful.  Check them out here...:
http://www.eze-motorcycletours.com/Parts.htm

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2004, 12:53:45 PM »

Doc, let us know what you think about these.  It would definitely be nice to have those dudes out a little farther, but would take away some lean angle on our already lean angle challenged bikes, right?

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2004, 01:59:07 PM »

Doc, let us know what you think about these.  It would definitely be nice to have those dudes out a little farther, but would take away some lean angle on our already lean angle challenged bikes, right?

I don't really think so.  As the boards are angled slightly up as is...I think that geometrically it may decrease it a tiny bit, but it would be a very small fraction of the 3/4" change.  I can't see it mattering much.  But I'll let you know ASAP.  He said that I'll have them before this weekend.

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2004, 07:28:17 AM »

Does anyone make the "streaders" for the rear floorboards?  My wife cant keep ke boots off by pipes (left side rinehart is extremely close to the passanger board). [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2004, 10:43:56 AM »

That's a new term to me...what are they?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 10:44:18 AM by Doc »

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2004, 04:25:29 PM »

sorry, not enough coffee..spreaders.
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2004, 10:45:23 AM »

Ohh, OK.  Well, Kuryakyn makes some passenger rotating footpegs that give the passenger new foot positions  for distance travel.  A lot of guys I work with have them and love them.  Worth a try.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2004, 11:35:59 AM »

Ohh, OK.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2004, 11:57:16 AM »

Does anyone make the "streaders" for the rear floorboards?  My wife cant keep ke boots off by pipes (left side rinehart is extremely close to the passanger board). [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Looking at the rear boards, well, the front ones too it appears, they are all adjustable up and down.  That is IF I am looking at them right.  However, I have installed and tested the front spreaders and so far, I love them.  Gives you a more natural footrest area.  Even just the 3/4 inch that it gives you makes a big difference.  It took about 2 hours for me to install them, but that was mainly because the instructions didn't have pictures, and I had to figure out all of the terms that were listed.  Overall, though, the utility was great, and the instructions were quite accurate.  Good value.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2004, 11:25:14 AM »

OK, I finally scraped a chrome floorboard mount yesterday.  I sharpened a turn because a car decided to be where I should have been going.  It was a pretty tight turn, and sharper than I usually would be making.  I think that it would have scraped even without the spreaders.  Maybe not, tho.  Regardless, I think that the extra room makes up for it, compared to how often I will be scraping the mounts.  Man, that chrome looks ugly scraped up.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2004, 12:51:34 PM »

I successfully changed the rear signals to LED 1156 bulbs (red) and put in the run/brake/turn module so that they work/look better.  This works great, and looks much better from the rear.  However, the front signals are 1157 bulbs (two-element) and I ordered some, but they do not work right.  

They are both on correctly during normal driving (running lights).  However, during signalling, one one side, it turns completely off and blinks on (like a single element), and on the other side, it stays on and blinks brighter (like a two-element should).  Anyone know why this would be, and what would need to be done to fix this?  I tried different bulbs in different sockets, and they all act the same.  It has to be wiring.  Would a load equalizer somehow help?  Where would I put it?  I have one on the rear.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 12:53:51 PM by Doc »

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2004, 09:26:41 AM »

Doc, I had a similar problem using the same led bulbs with my V-Rod.  If you have a load equalizer on your rear setup then you shouldn't need another one on the front.  On my V-Rod it ended up being a wiring problem.  H/D crossed the wiring in one of the connectors leading to the turn signals.  I cant remember which of the wires they crossed, it was too long ago, but I traced each wire - ground, running, & turn from each turn signal back to the connector, found the error & fixed it, and the turn signals functioned properly.  You wouldn't notice it with the stock dual element bulbs because of the resistance of the element.  I would look there first but you will need the schematics which are in the service manual and/or the electrical diagnostics manual.
Darrell
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.