Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: My new cvo  (Read 8293 times)

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: My new cvo
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2006, 09:35:22 PM »

Oh man I am not happy, I was just thinking about this whole deal further and realized he said something about the lower end caps that came in were blue and should have been black, so I looked back at the post about the lowers on somebody elses bike that had come in backwards, and noticed that the vast majority of the backwards lowers are black and the smaller part blue, which I believe is how mine is now, I have to go take another look at it to be sure but I wonder if the lowers are actually backwards and maybe the fender is right. I need to have Brian 103 tHunDer run out there and take a look at it and I will take some pictures. I do not know the paint job well enough to know if it is all correct, I only had it two hours before I made it to where it needed a substantial face lift!
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2006, 11:19:46 PM »

I posted this one in the 3rd party for sale items here, it's on ebay for like 4 more days. Almost worth it to get a 'spare' till your new one comes in, eventually someone will be needing one and CVO stuff is really slow coming in as you've seen. A lot of us have been there and done that.
Good luck and hope you're back on the pavement soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-SCREAMIN-EAGLE-FRONT-FENDER_W0QQitemZ4649014724QQcategoryZ35561QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2006, 12:13:26 AM »

I posted this one in the 3rd party for sale items here, it's on ebay for like 4 more days. Almost worth it to get a 'spare' till your new one comes in, eventually someone will be needing one and CVO stuff is really slow coming in as you've seen. A lot of us have been there and done that.
Good luck and hope you're back on the pavement soon.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-SCREAMIN-EAGLE-FRONT-FENDER_W0QQitemZ4649014724QQcategoryZ35561QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Joe

Do you suppose these guys are selling take off warranty parts that the MoCo doesn't call for or just the take-offs that you and I don't want to mess withwhen we replace them?

I looked up the seller and  www.zylstrahd.com

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2006, 01:33:03 AM »

If they owner doesn't want them back, the dealers are free to sell them off or trash them I believe. As long as they are not sold as new items, they can come in handy. I have found some take off parts as replacements at different times, and they're good as brand new at maybe 1/2 the price. As I recall, they pointed out there was a small dent/ding on the fender, so maybe it was done in their shop during service  [smiley=soapbox.gif] or someone just wanted it changed out and not keep the old part. They do try and sell quite a few scooters and some parts on ebay.
 [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2006, 07:07:02 AM »

Brad, I replied to your PM.  I'll try to get out there tonight and take my camera with me.  That's crap that they won't put the wrong fender on there until they get another.  Then again, sounds like your lowers are screwed up, too. ::)

Here's a pic I snapped of my bike yesterday for reference:

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2006, 09:38:27 PM »

I went in to the harley shop this morning armed with several pictures that I had printed out of how the bike is suppposed to be painted. As I suspected the fender is right and the lowers are painted backwards. The parts guy still did not believe me saying that the fender was backwards and the lowers were right. I told him I just wanted it right, and he still wanted to argue with me that the fender that came off of my bike was the opposite of what I was showing him in the pictures and that the lowers were also. He argued right up untill I walked back in the shop and got my old wrecked parts out and showed him that they were in fact what I was telling him, that pretty much ended the argument. So, hopefully here tomorrow or the next day they will finish it up and give me the bike back minus the lowers, and I can at least ride it and bring it back when they get the right lowers in. I'm glad I'm on this sight, if I hadnt noticed the messed up paint I would have had a backwards painted fender and lowers, and by the time I noticed they would have already been on the bike and I would have been riding it. They would then not want to take the "used" parts back and I would have been stuck!
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2006, 09:44:32 PM »

Hey, Brad, did you pick up your bike yet?

[smiley=worthless.gif]

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2006, 10:34:49 PM »

Sorry, I havent gotten back, Yes! I have the bike. I have been riding as much as possible, when I am not working. The bike rides and looks good. They had to reorder my lowers and one saddlebag, since the lowers were painted backwards and one saddlebag had a chip in it. I ended up having all the spoilers painted blue, as even the black paint code I had did not match. The performance baffles for the reinharts are only for the old style reinharts so they do not fit. The shop went ahead and put them in backwards and did the dyno that way. A day later I brought it back, as the baffles were sticking out the end of the mufflers by about 4 inches. They ended up putting the stock reinhart baffles back in. I want it re-dynoed, since I dont think the tune could possibly be right considering all the mess ups with the pipes. They are supposed to redo the dyno on the 31st, which is when I am getting the upgraded stereo with the external amplifier. I am going to have to switch to the permenant mount tour pack as the amp goes under the tour pack and will not fit with the removeable hardware. I ordered the parts today but am seriously considering calling them back and cancelloing this and switching to the hawg wired or hawg tunes since i could then keep everything in the fairing and not have to get rid of the removeable and lay down license plate. I have not installed my ride-str8 yet and seem to start getting wobble at around 110. After I get the dyno done, I will let everybody know how it turns out. I was planning on going with the zippers 113 but will have to wait till winter now as it is riding season and dont want to wait on the bike anymore than I already have.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2006, 10:41:58 PM »

Glad to hear things are starting to work out.

synful

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2006, 11:32:15 AM »

Great buy.  I sold my 2004 blue\black with 2600 miles on it in Aug for 30000.00.  Wish I had it back.  Bought a 2007 S\E Ultra.  Sold it yesterday.  Going back to a 2005.

Ride safe.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 22 queries.