Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: High Speed Wobble  (Read 14486 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: High Speed Wobble
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2006, 11:01:37 AM »

Darrell, I'm sorry to hear that you're still having these serious problems with your SEEG.  Thanks for coming back and posting so that we may all benefit from your experiences (frustrations) in trying to resolve the problem/issues.  I'm hoping that maybe the people assigned from the MOCO would read your posts and maybe take pro-active intervention in helping resolve your situation.  Please keep us up-dated whatever the outcome and GOOD LUCK!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2006, 09:18:53 PM »

Bummer about the bike,  looks like they are runnimg out of things to change short of a new bike.  Glad to see you back.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2006, 10:42:42 PM »

A little over a year ago I had a high speed wobble on my 04 SEEG, (posted the experience somewhere on the site). It was a violent wobble (tank slapper) that started at 160 kph on a straight section of road. I managed to hang on and didn
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2006, 10:10:35 AM »

Thanks for the feedback, it sure is great to have your opinions. I have the bike back now and intend to test ride it over the weekend. The dealer is very confident that they have solved it, in fact both the owner and the lead wrench have test rode the bike for a couple of days both in the sweepers and at the higher speeds. They haven't installed the springs yet and with any luck it won't be required although from what your saying Jerry, it might be something worthwhile just to increase the level of stability.

What was it? After going through the bike from one end to the other making adjustements and changes, it turns out it was the wiring harnesses. The harnesses were too tight and restricting the front end movement. Apparently it was not something that was obvious in the shop as the restrictions only affected handling once the chassis was heat soaked and there was some flex at the higher speeds and in the sweepers. They rerouted some of the harnesses and swear it made a huge difference in the handling. I haven't test rode the bike yet so I will reserve my judgement until after I ride it. Once I ride it and confirm that there are no more handling issues I will get all the details on what to check and what the fix was and post it here.

There isn't much one can do here in Canada re consumer protection laws. We don't have an equivalent to the "Lemon Law". It's been frustrating but I know the dealer has put a lot of effort into resolving my handling issues and there is little doubt in my mind that in the end if they couldn't resolve it they would look after me.

Off on another test ride, I hope they got it this time.
Darrell

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2006, 10:14:55 AM »

Hey Darrell, I sure hope they fixed it (although, I admit, it sounds a tad strange at this point to think a too tight wiring harness was causing the problems you were describing) .....  anyway, hope it's good and you'll report the same......we'll be waiting to hear more.  :-/ spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2006, 03:21:44 PM »

I guess anything is possible. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  Darrell you've mentioned in a PM to me and here on this thread that the dealership has really gone out of their way to make it right for you.....please be sure to share the dealership name for any of us that will be up that way.  We need to recognize those dealerships that are a postive thing.

I hope this does it for you and that we see you in Reno in a couple weeks......this time on a SEEG!  Hell, you'll probably still run off and leave me like you did on your BMW last year..... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2006, 07:23:37 PM »

It
Darrell

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2006, 07:39:17 PM »

Darrel, as long as this has dragged on it seems congrats go out all around to you for your patience, to you again for finally having a bike you feel safe and happy with, and to the dealer for sticking with it.  Congrats on getting her buttoned up and stable underneath you.  You've certainly earned it.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2006, 07:39:26 PM »

Thanks for the extensive report, Darrell.  I'm glad to hear that the bike is handling so good.....sounds like you are a happy Eagle owner now!  ;) har!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] spyder

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2006, 08:46:49 PM »

WFO!= [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] ;)Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2006, 09:21:24 PM »

Hey Hub, you better be looseing up your wiring, son, so you'll get rid of that sneaky-snake wobble that occurs in ole Maudie's gait when she gets to strollin'.... ;)...Har!  ;D spyder

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2006, 11:52:47 PM »

darrell has some patience! i know hes been trying to get that resolved since last year at street vibes. hopefuly he will share with us wobblers what was done. [smiley=banana.gif]

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2006, 03:54:24 AM »

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] ;)  Great news Darrell.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I too have been watching all the threads about wobble.  I have had an illusive wobble that keeps getting fixed, then sneaks slowly back up again.  Every time ------ so far ------ the ever discussed neck bearing adjustment has fixed it.  So current that up to the latest hospital stay for fluid exchange this past week, I could not ride but for a fleeting second above 92 without feeling the beginnings of this nuicance.  Got the bike back on the road Saturday morning, and she is tracking ------- straight.  So straight, I can even remove my hands entirely from the handlebars and she takes a fraction of a second, then locks on a straight track all by itself.  It is just amazing to me how fininicky these bikes can be.  A wiring harness, a clutch cable, too much too little grease on neck bearings, too tight too loose neck bearings, a size 12 Hubbards boot on the engine guards, lower fairings on - off, tour pak on - off, windshield tall - short, tire pressure, shock pressure ------- so many variables.  I did not find an opportunity to push it past the 95 mph mark this weekend, but it feels so rock solid, I would not be having any concerns.  

I have new fluids, new rear tire, new rear brakes and am ready for MV!  Yeah!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2006, 08:39:24 AM »

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] ;)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2006, 08:52:05 AM »

Good to hear they finally got it fixed.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.