Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: High Speed Wobble  (Read 14475 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: High Speed Wobble
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2006, 06:46:39 AM »

My husband has changed from the HD fixed fairing air deflectors to the freedom wings, which open up and allows him to point air at him, and he as no problems, but I still have my fixed fairing air deflectors on. I still get the wobble at 90 +.  I guess I better try taking them off, cause from time to time I have the wobble. SInce I am now aware of it, it no longer takes me by surprise, and I can wiggle around in the seat and change the way it is.  Also find a difference with the lower fairing vents open and closed.  

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2006, 08:47:03 PM »

thats the idea using the special hd neck grease. its not supposed to ooze out like some others do. we will see soon!! [smiley=banana.gif]

Yeah, 'er 'uh, VANAMAL,  
  Is it "soon", yet?  That's the same chit they told me.  They'll lie to you about other things, too. ;)  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2006, 04:33:16 PM »

JCHAROS,

The '04&'05 SEEGS had the Profile lowered suspension that Harley sells as an accessory, lowered one inch at both ends.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2006, 04:38:37 PM »

Jorge...no, the '06 is not lowered like the 04's and 05's were.  Standard height (at least the shocks and forks.

I'm 5'8", but don't have a problem with the height of the bike.  I mean, an inch lower is NOT going to help me hold it up, if I screw up and let it get past "that point"....it's going over.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2006, 04:41:18 PM »

So the '06 doesn't have the rear lowered suspension?...I noticed that I was seated ( I am 5'7")more closer to the ground in my previous '04 than in the '06......
That's a heavy scooter to be backing out of a parking spot on your tippy-toes, huh?  [smiley=worried.gif] Better lower the rear, at least... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]...spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2006, 04:44:51 PM »

Dave.....I really don't know if lowering the rear is the solution to the "wobble" problem, but I can relate the following.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2006, 05:08:47 PM »

Jorge...no, the '06 is not lowered like the 04's and 05's were.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 05:10:33 PM by jegomez »

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2006, 05:09:42 PM »

That's a heavy scooter to be backing out of a parking spot on your tippy-toes, huh?

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2006, 05:12:20 PM »

That's a heavy scooter to be backing out of a parking spot on your tippy-toes, huh?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 05:12:44 PM by jegomez »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2006, 05:20:45 PM »

How spyder? changing the shocks? Similar to those in the "04 & '05? Or Progressive 440? Thanks my buddy...
Well, like BLM777 and many others on this site have changed to the Progressives and as far as I can remember, most were very pleased with the results.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 05:22:05 PM by spydglide »
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2006, 05:36:23 PM »

Well, like BLM777 and many others on this site have changed to the Progressives and as far as I can remember, most were very pleased with the results.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2006, 05:47:17 PM »

I would like to go the Legend...but is expensive and my wife is killing me!! [smiley=nixweiss.gif]...but anyway I have to consider to do something because we have scheduled a long rideto Canada in September (From West Palm, FL to Ottawa, Canada....roundtrip) [smiley=drink.gif]
Well, that gives you plenty of time......maybe you could find a 'deal' on some take offs from someone who changed out the inch lower HD ones that came  on the '04 and '05 SEEGs......(I traded mine to the dealer)...but check ebay and put a notice on this board under the wanted to buy section......who knows?  good luck and have fun on the ride to the North.  [smiley=santa.gif] har!  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] spyder

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2006, 05:53:10 PM »

Well, that gives you plenty of time......maybe you could find a 'deal' on some take offs from someone who changed out the inch lower HD ones that came

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2006, 07:46:08 PM »

GOMEZ
YOU HAVE A PM [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2006, 03:07:38 AM »

From one of the local riders (non CVO) who just managed to get back from a 4 state trip in one piece. All was good until on the way back from Santa Ana (Los Angeles area) all by himself until he bailed off an Eltra Glide @ about 60 mph. He was extremely lucky, he only got a lot of road rash{no leather jacket}  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]a broken collarbone, and a few stitches.  

Here's what he said in his email:

"The bike just started to wobble which escalated into a tank slap and threw me off while going straight on highway near San Bernadino. I suspect that it was a combination of the road conditions and something being not quite right with the bike. I have had it checked several times during the last few thousand miles for vibration at high speed. The stem bearing was replaced about 5k miles before the accident. The root cause for vibration was found be be a broken engine rubber mount (at 4000 miles before the accident). The front end (stem) was readjusted about 2500 miles before the accident. The swing arm and tire pressures were checked before the trip to AZ, UT and NV. I'll get the bike back this Saturday and it will be thoroughly checked to see if some obvious fault can be found. The bike did not hit anything (but the road) and should be repairable, but obviously I need to be convinced that it can be fully restored for safe riding. We'll see. "

This stuff is happening on too regular a basis.    [smiley=soapbox.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 22 queries.