Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: Peelin' Chrome - NEW POLL  (Read 17753 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Peelin' Chrome - NEW POLL
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2006, 01:52:23 AM »

Thanks a bunch.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 01:52:58 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2006, 08:31:29 AM »

Gee, why are the wheels in such short supply?  'CAUSE THEY'VE HAD TO REPLACE SO MANY DUE TO PEELING!  Hard to believe they can say they "don't know of an issue with peeling chrome" on these bikes.  That would be about like saying they don't know of paint issues on the '06 SEUCs.

That part about the front wheel being obsolete is a little odd, too.  How can the rear one be available (although backordered), but the front one is obsolete?  If someone wanted these wheels for their bike, they could only get the rear one?  Who's going to want just one wheel?

This doesn't sound good for the '04 guys from here on out.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2006, 10:16:46 PM »

Oh Boy, This doesn't sound to reassuring! I'm not sure I even want to clean my wheels anymore for fear that I might be polishing the chrome off. Damn, this blows!
 So it sounds as though this time if they start to peel, I'm just going to hold them to whatever they're going to send me, whenever that maybe, and if either wheel may still be available on the planet. But heaven forbid they just satisfy the customer and give up the credit towards wheels that ARE available, so we can get on with riding and having fun!
IMHO A persons dream bike should be everything that was promised by the company that took a persons hard earned money, and if a problem like this came up just like ALL the automakers have to do (recall) whatever is a DEFECT and replace or repair said DEFECT! to the satisfaction of that person would handed that hard earned money to them...
MYCVO >:(
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2006, 10:17:55 PM »

I thought I was a fortunate one not to get the Bad Chrome Bug. Well sure as $h!t I have it too!!! Just like JCZ said, small specks chipping away on the front rim. I just noticed it on Saturday. The bike's been in the dealership since last September. Just picked it up Friday. Went for a ride to start 113" build break in. Got back, went to polish rims and discovered peeling chrome. I was in hopes to just get equal value credit and go with 18" after market rims. But from what was mentioned by 103thunder, JCZ & MYCVO, looks like I'm screwed
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 10:20:19 PM by GROVER »

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2006, 06:55:56 AM »

Grover,
Damn man I'm sorry to hear that for you and me and everyone else that maybe involved. It was at least a small reassurramce that some members werent having chrome problems, and that I too may have gotten new parts that would be good. Seems to be just a matter of time before it happens.
 Besides the chrome how did the build feel and sound?
Mark

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2006, 11:22:28 AM »

I thought I was a fortunate one not to get the Bad Chrome Bug. Well sure as $h!t I have it too!!! Just like JCZ said, small specks chipping away on the front rim. I just noticed it on Saturday. The bike's been in the dealership since last September. Just picked it up Friday. Went for a ride to start 113" build break in. Got back, went to polish rims and discovered peeling chrome. I was in hopes to just get equal value credit and go with 18" after market rims. But from what was mentioned by 103thunder, JCZ & MYCVO, looks like I'm screwed
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2006, 09:30:49 PM »

Grover,
Damn man I'm sorry to hear that for you and me and everyone else that maybe involved. It was at least a small reassurramce that some members werent having chrome problems, and that I too may have gotten new parts that would be good. Seems to be just a matter of time before it happens.
 [highlight]Besides the chrome how did the build feel and sound?[/highlight]
Mark

Hey Mark,

« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 09:40:44 PM by GROVER »

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2006, 09:40:02 PM »

[highlight]I'd still take it back to the dealership[/highlight].
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 09:41:20 PM by GROVER »

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2006, 09:43:54 PM »

Hey Mark,

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2006, 09:48:27 PM »

I talked to my dealer today. I'm riding bike there on Saturday for them to check out rims. They told me via phone that it won't be a problem. They just need to see it for documentation. They also said I could get [highlight]full credit[/highlight] and go with aftermarket or other HD rims of my choice. So now I have to decide what rims I want...BLING-BLING [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

But even though they are covering these issues under warranty...It still pisses me off that we have to deal with it on their flagship bikes!!

I'm just glad I have a great dealership to deal with :)

Great to hear they're covering you 100% on the peeling chrome issue, Grover!  Maybe there is hope, afterall. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2006, 09:50:36 PM »

I talked to my dealer today. I'm riding bike there on Saturday for them to check out rims. They told me via phone that it won't be a problem. They just need to see it for documentation. They also said I could get full credit and go with aftermarket or other HD rims of my choice. So now I have to decide what rims I want...BLING-BLING [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

But even though they are covering these issues under warranty...It still pisses me off that we have to deal with it on their flagship bikes!!

I'm just glad I have a great dealership to deal with :)
Mark,
I just got a whole new set of people for my dealership. The longtime owner has finally sold to a new owner, and many of the original employees have left. I'm not exactly sure if this is good or bad, but I'll head there this weekend to introduce myself to the new owner if he's there, and whoever else is new.
 I hope that he's going to be as accomodating as your dealer with these issues we seem to have to deal with.
 Hell I even lost my wrench [smiley=nervous.gif]
Mark

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2006, 10:02:17 PM »

Mark,
I just got a whole new set of people for my dealership. The longtime owner has finally sold to a new owner, and many of the original employees have left. I'm not exactly sure if this is good or bad, but I'll head there this weekend to introduce myself to the new owner if he's there, and whoever else is new.
 I hope that he's going to be as accomodating as your dealer with these issues we seem to have to deal with.
 Hell I even lost my wrench [smiley=nervous.gif]Mark

MyCVO,

I can guarantee you the new guy paid a premium to get the dealership.  He should know he isn't going to earn the money to pay it off pissing off customers.

Let us know how your meet goes.  I hope it goes well for you too.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2006, 06:08:30 AM »

Rjob,
Your right there, and I know that I'll be good with it, just after all these years it's kinda
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 06:11:30 AM by MYCVO »

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2006, 06:19:46 AM »

Grover & Rjob,
 Given the fact that Grover has had his do the [highlight]GOOD FAITH [/highlight]policy, That will be one of my issues that I will take up with the new owners. As Rjob states "[highlight]He should know he isn't going to earn the money to pay it off pissing off customers." [/highlight] That will be a good indicator for me if I get a [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Mark

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2006, 10:13:48 AM »

Mark,
That's awesome bro! [smiley=drink.gif] good for you. Sounds like your going to have a great time this season. I'm looking forward to seeing your dyno numbers.
[highlight]What did the build run you?[/highlight]
Mark [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Hi Mark,

I'll just say way more than I expected :-[. But it'll all be worth it once it's broke in and tuned :)
  Sorry to hear about the buyout & change over at your dealership. That's a bummer! All the years building a good customer/dealer relationship & it's time to start over. Hopefully all will go smooth & they can look at your past records and just continue in the same way.

Good luck & Take care,

Mark
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 22 queries.