Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Winter Upgrades on my SEEG  (Read 14223 times)

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
Winter Upgrades on my SEEG
« on: January 14, 2012, 08:41:20 PM »

Over the holidays I decided to take advantage of various parts discounts offered and do some long overdue maintenance in preps for Daytona.  The project involved replacing windshield, installing LED headlamp/aux lamps, LED turn signals, LED tail light, new brake pads, tires and flush brake fluid.  Also fix intake manifold leak.

Went with the Freedom shield in 8" dark smoke replacing the 8" light smoke Clearview.  Nice product and great service.  Same eurolip design but thicker, polished edges and slightly different profile that provides a little more protection from the wind.

Finally bit the bullet and bought the LED headlamp/aux lamps only because they do provide superior visibility over the stock halogens, so I made an investment in safety and performance.  Really liked what JR and Spyde did so went with the black version.  Looks good with the dark smoke shield and chrome trim rings.

Installed Superbrightled  1156 and 1157 bulbs for the turn signals and Badlands load equalizer to make it all work.  Also scored a Brightasslight tail light on eBay to complete the LED conversion.

Three years ago I decided to install the Lyndall composite brake rotors and red pads to improve braking.  Lyndall products are used by many members on this site and I have been extremely happy with the performance of these rotors and pads.  The rotors are pricey but have a lifetime guarantee.  I needed some info from Lyndall and when speaking with Paul (owner)' he told me about their new lug design floating rotors which were developed to handle the extreme loads in racing applications.  He offered to exchange my old rotors with the new design free of charge, so I made the switch.  They are full floating rotors but look like solid rotors (no buttons, sorry Spyde!).  They use a spiral lock ring to connect the friction ring to the carrier and the lug design is able to carrying much higher loads.  Real neat and clean design.  The six spoke carrier complements the stock detonator wheels.  I do miss my old orange buttons though!

Developed an intake leak, seals were cut, so changed them and found some power!  Test rode bike today after everything done and am very pleased with the results.  I've never given my bike a name, but that changed today.  She's now "Lisbeth", named after the character in the movie "Girl with the Dragon Tatoo"' a wild, nasty, crazy azz biatch!

Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Winter Upgrades on my SEEG
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 08:48:37 PM »

Good job Pete!!! Love to see the :pumpkin:'s still out there looking sweeeeeeet!!!! :2vrolijk_21: Had been looking at those lights (headlight/spots) but can't justify pulling the trigger yet... I don't like driving a cage at night and try to never get caught at night on the bike. Getting ole, eyes, and reactions ain't like they used to be my @$$ tightens at night for fear of critters jumping out in the road. :nervous:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 08:04:22 AM »

Thanks Gary!  Not a lot of traffic on this thread, just shows you how the SEEG has seemed to fade into the sunset on this forum.  I would trade it though, just haven't found something I like better.

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 08:15:00 AM »

Great Job Pete! Nice to see Great Looking  :pumpkin: getting some nice upgrades.

:bananarock: :bananarock:

Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 09:21:45 AM »

Very nice Pete.  (I miss the orange buttons also, but the way you ride, the added strength will be good to have)  How do you like the lights at night?  I'm with Gary on riding at night now, but sometimes you get caught having to, and the added light really helps ya get home.  How'd your intake seals get damaged?  Lisbeth is lookin' good !  :-*Hope to see her in Daytona.  :drink: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 11:41:15 AM »

Nice job!   I too am gonna change out the lights on my SEUC.
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 07:10:34 PM »

Very nice Pete.  (I miss the orange buttons also, but the way you ride, the added strength will be good to have)  How do you like the lights at night?  I'm with Gary on riding at night now, but sometimes you get caught having to, and the added light really helps ya get home.  How'd your intake seals get damaged?  Lisbeth is lookin' good !  :-*Hope to see her in Daytona.  :drink: har.  spyder

Well to tell you the truth I didn't have a problem with the halogens which is why i have sat on the sidelines through the HID craze and now LED.  I rode a friends bike who had the LEDs and was impressed by the clarity and range.  Takes some getting used to the beam pattern, but new car lights are this way, so time to join the 21st century!

Don't know about the seals, they kinda deteriorated slowly, didn't really notice until I started getting some decal pop.  Changed to a different seal which fits better and there is a big difference in performance!  Lisbeth really scoots now.  Ole Hub, Harry and I are going to have some fun!

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 01:05:55 PM »

Very, very, nice.  Still a head turner whenever I see one on the road.  I had an '04 Black & Blue, and it may have been my favorite bike.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 01:32:41 PM »

Very, very, nice.  Still a head turner whenever I see one on the road.  I had an '04 Black & Blue, and it may have been my favorite bike.
:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:  Sorry she left ya.  :'( har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

CVOjunkie

• cvojunkie
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 08:37:13 PM »

I dont think the love or passion for the seeg will ever pass people just want something everybody else does not have I will never sell my seeg I dont like the ultras because everybody is always trying to take the tour packs off to look like our seeg's look out we wil rise again Ha Ha

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 08:40:33 PM »

Great mods!  I gave up my pumpkin for the 2012 orange/black SEUC since I am doing mostly 2 up riding.  I miss the 135 HP though...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 09:03:03 PM »

Great mods!  I gave up my pumpkin for the 2012 orange/black SEUC since I am doing mostly 2 up riding.  I miss the 135 HP though...

Well went with the tour pack this year because the better half wants to ride more (a good thing), but this bike's a keeper.  If she really likes to ride....well then we need bike #2 in orange and black!

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 09:04:28 PM »

She's looking good Pete!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 09:50:35 PM »

I bet you don't miss the down time due to having 135 HP on tap.

;)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 09:54:21 PM »

Nice changes Pete.  Good catch on the intake leak too.  That's a cheap performance bump when you catch it.  The new rotors are cool.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.48 seconds with 21 queries.