Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: LETS TALK EXHAUST  (Read 16087 times)

Dallas

• Junior CVO Member
LETS TALK EXHAUST
« on: September 08, 2004, 10:03:32 AM »

WHY DO SO MANY ON THIS BOARD GO WITH RINEHART?

FOR LOOK, QUALITY, AND DURABLITY I PREFER SCREAMIN EAGLE PRO PREFORMANCE
PIPES.

WHATS THE OPINION OF OTHERS?

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: LETS TALK EXHAUST
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 02:05:18 PM »

I had Rineharts on my 03 SERk.  Just my opinion but they are over priced, don't fit worth crap and are not good in the performance area.  The sound is good, looks are fine, but then so are a billion other pipes.  Just my .02.  Let the flaming begin.........  Spook.

SE-Dave

• Full CVO Member
  • "AWESOME"
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 02:38:46 PM »

There does seem to be a slant towards Rineharts here  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]However I like the looks of the Bassani Power Curve. I recently installed one on My SEEG and have favorable comments galore over it. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]. Right now I am still running my stock mufflers.  [smiley=confused5.gif] only cause I cant decide which to go with. I am leaning towards the S/E slip ons...... But the Power Curve Looks Awsome.
[smiley=beerchug.gif] dave

billt1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • NH

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 05:18:21 PM »

I hear great things about the Rineharts. Personally I think when you remove the down pipe from the rear cylinder as with the Rineharts  it leaves a gapping hole. I prefer the visual symmetry of both header pipes coming down from the heads. I have Screaming Eagle performance slip-ons and get very positive comments from everyone I pass and the performance is stellar.

Glave

• Full CVO Member
  • There is no substition for Cubic Inches!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 10:48:26 PM »

OK so here's my 2 pennies worth.  When I took delivery of my bike, '02 SERK I also looked at it as a high performance machine.  And as such I choose to put on a high perform exhaust system.  Now having said that just a few other comments;  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
I like my bikes deep and loud.  My '97 Ultra had Samson Rolled Thunders (A contender for the RK), wifes bike ('02 Fat Boy) has Samson Big Gun II Shorties, no baffels, and my RK is no slouch in the decible department.  I also like the look of no "Y" pipe on the rear jug and the open space that is presented.  This puts the engine in its own "frame" were it belongs, kind of like a shinning jewel. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Can you guess the exhaust, I choose to go with a Thunderheader 2-1 and have since added a PC III.  At the time I took delivery of my bike the Thunderheader was one of, in not the, best 2-1 system one could put on a high pro engine.  And I belive your quest may show that a 2-1 is still preffered for preformance even today.  I d not have a scanner and don't have a digital picture, but I do have a dyno sheet showing 98/99 FPT at 97HP.  Not to shabby for factory cams and no head work [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

So here's a pic and just my 2 pennies. [smiley=beerchug.gif]  BTW I'm the big goofy lookin one LOL
'02 FLHRSEI,  Thunder Header,K&N Highflow  Air, Power Commander III

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 11:54:32 PM »

Another 2 cents worth.  For purely esthetic reasons I like duals on baggers.  It just looks "right."  I'll trade the minor performance difference for the appearance.  There are the "fake" dual options but then the left side and right side appearances differ and, oh  well, things like that just annoy me :)

I actually prefer the look with true dual pipes and w/o having the rear cylinders down tube also coming down to the right exhaust.  I figure if it's duals it ought to look like duals.  Of course that also makes cleaning up and/or detailing on top of the tranny and starter area and down the side easier to do as well.  The right side pipe is easier to take off if one is ever so inclined to work on something on that side of the engine or tranny.  And, again, to me it just looks right.

As for the mufflers themselves hear it's a cross purposed choice.  I have good faith in the years of experience of a local dyno tuner.  Good skills pass from his head to his fingers.  So his judgement goes a long way; so long as his recommendations are something I like to.  On the 88s that was never a problem.  He really liked the White Brothers E Series for the baggers.  I liked them too, and liked the "look" of them.  So my last couple of 88s have been Samson true duals and White Brothers slip ons.  With the high flow air kit and a Power Commander and with no work done in the motor the 88 in my RKC dyno'd at 79.8 hp and 83.8 fp torque.  So I was happy enough.

Having said all that, just because that had turned out to be a good combination on an otherwise stock 88 doesn't automatically mean it will be a good combination for the 103.  That is something I will be learning yet this fall :)

White Brothers is apparently getting out of the Harley market.  So at least I got the mufflers in time to still be able to get them to work with.

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 01:22:45 AM »

From a performance stand point, the Rineharts are not a good choice for the 103 motor.  There are a number of posts where they have been tried without good performance for this motor.  One of the members here, if I recall correctlty, even called the manufacturer who stated that the Rineharts were not made for the 103 motor.  Also, during my research I came accross a copy of Cycle World's HD Power & Performance in which they tested the Rineharts on s 103 motor and some of the statments from the article were "we came away disappointed by the results" of the Rineharts and "dyno performance, which was thoroughly unremarkable"

They had tested a number of other pipes (eight different) and stated that the Reinharts were at best "middle fo the road".  There are a number of strings on the board discussing all of this and the consensious is that the Rineharts may have pealk HP in some cases but not in the useable RPM range.  Additionally, if you look at some of the dyno results you will notice that the Rineharts actually cause a dip in torque in the useable range (2500 to 3800 RPM) meaning less power where most of us consitantly run.

The article in summary states that the Rineharts ar "medicocre in performance" and stated that for the 103 motor that they would go with the Screamin Eagle system.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 08:14:26 AM »

Still running the stock exhaust like the quiet on the long rides we take.  In fact I have stopped riding with some people that have pipe that are to loud,  after a couple of hours infront of or behind it makes my head hurt.  Also whats the point of loud pipes if you have to wear ear plugs.  Like the white bros 2 into1 on the road king we have.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Glave

• Full CVO Member
  • There is no substition for Cubic Inches!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 09:52:36 AM »

Still running the stock exhaust like the quiet on the long rides we take.
'02 FLHRSEI,  Thunder Header,K&N Highflow  Air, Power Commander III

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 12:47:41 PM »

Just an opnion, but............. I'd tend to side with Glave on the exhaust issue.  I'm not a follower....never have been....so I've never tried the Rineharts.  Ran Thunderheader on my last three or four bikes and have been very pleased.

On an 89 Ultra Classic (head work, cam, air cleaner were only mods) I had the bike dynoed.  Then went from dual exhaust to the Thunderheader and just the exhaust made so much difference.......I couldn't believe that just an exhaust change out could make that much difference.  At that point, I could have become a salesman for Thunderheader.

On the SEEG, I decided to try something different and went with Vance & Hines Pro Pipe.  While it is a little quieter than the Thunderheader (which is something that I was after in my old age), it seemed like it didn't perform quite as well as the Thunderheader.  On this bike, with the mods being a SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Race Tuner and the Vance & Hines Pro Pipe my dyno sheet (posted on this site under the dyno thread) produced 101 horsepower and 104 lb. ft. of torque.  I can't help but think that with a Thunderheader, I'd have saw those numbers just a tad bit higher.

As a side note, read the latest issue of American Rider (probably the Oct. issue) magazine.  They have several articles and comments on the 103" motor and one pertains to the exhaust of dual vs. 2 into 1.  I've said it all along, if you want performance, go with the 2 into 1.  If you want the dual look, you can always go with the falsie left side like Thunderheader now produces.

Just my .02 worth guys.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Cohibalator

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004, 02:14:13 PM »

I am getting my V&H 2-1 on tomorrow, pc III plus air cleaner so we'll see how that does...was going with the D&D 2-1 but the V&H came available first...
'05 SEEG back in the game!!!!!!!!
'04 ZX-10R FOR SALE
'02 BMW R1150GS
'01 BMW F650GS
'77 Honda GL1000 w/ Terraplane sidecar

Dallas

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2004, 04:20:10 PM »

TO EACH HIS OWN

I FEEL A 2 INTO 1 EXHAUST IS NON-SYMETRICAL ON ANY BIKE.

IT LOOKS ESPECIALLY  ACKWARD AND UNATTRACTIVE  ON A BAGGER

Cohibalator

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2004, 07:32:01 PM »

I guess it boils down to aesthestics vs. performance...for my money, I'm going with performance...don't really care what it looks like as long as it moves...I ain't gonna win any fashion shows and neither is my bike I guess!
'04 ZX-10R FOR SALE
'02 BMW R1150GS
'01 BMW F650GS

fitter48093

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2004, 10:43:37 PM »

You should talk with V&H about that first,  They don't recommoned their pipe for the 103" motors  or a highly tuned 95" for that fact. They say it's only good to 85 H.P. with the race baffle .......just my 2 cents

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2004, 01:49:09 AM »

GENTLEMAN START YOUR ENGINES [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT WANT PERFORMANCE PUT YOUR $$$$$ WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS [smiley=greedy.gif]  HOOK-UP & TOUCH EM OFF. THATS RIGHT !!!! COME RIGHT OUT OF THE HOLE FROM POINT A TO B WINNER TAKES ALL  [smiley=shocked2.gif] PLACE YOUR BETS [smiley=smoking.gif] 5 MINUTES TILL POST TIME [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=worthless.gif]
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 01:55:58 AM by gettinold »
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2004, 08:21:19 AM »

Knew I would take crap about the stock exhaust, after the problems I went threw on the road king just wanted a bike that runs good and dosen't give me a headache.  Also was wondering how many people really use all the power the bike has stock.  Do people understand that when you hook the race tuner you have voided the warranty on the bike so why buy 7yrs of warranty,  would have a hard time proving that hopping up the motor didn't cause it to break!  Plus we don't have any good dyno people in our area.  Thats my 2cents worth.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2004, 09:18:10 AM »

About the REINHARTS - seems to me they look pretty good on the bike, a mater of choice I agree. But they certainly don't detract. As far as proformance, I had the V & H on first and they popped and didn't do a thing for power. The REINHARTS make a difference in the complete range, especially up tall. The dyno shows 110 HP at 5300RPM. There probably isn't a pipe that gives power everywhere, it's up to the rider. just my humble opinion
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

Cohibalator

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2004, 09:31:14 AM »

You should talk with V&H about that first,
'04 ZX-10R FOR SALE
'02 BMW R1150GS
'01 BMW F650GS

fitter48093

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2004, 05:28:43 PM »

Our shop said they had good results with this pipe and the 103...hmmm I guess we'll just have to see

Well, I guess I'm the wierd one..... For that kinda coin I guess I would listen to the shop instead of the manufacture  also [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2004, 11:17:29 PM »

IMO...It's a big mistake to talk strictly about exhaust. It not only depends on what cylinder, cam, head combo you're running now...but in the future. For guys who plan to stick with an air cleaner, PC or RT and pipes, the Rineharts are not a good choice. Find a good two into one!!!

Personally, for me, NOTHING!!!! makes more power on the dyno than Freedom Cycle modified Rineharts, ( different baffles ).  That's only because we have tested, the Pro Pipe, Thunderheader, Bassani Power Curves and Screamin Eagle pipes with my motor. I also like the look of duals and prior to the Rineharts there weren't many good looking duals that made much power.

Do yourselves a favor and find a good dyno tuner and Experiment before you buy if you can. I repeat, if you can. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

mfgreen

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2004, 11:51:55 PM »

IMO...It's a big mistake to talk strictly about exhaust. It not only depends on what cylinder, cam, head combo you're running now...but in the future. For guys who plan to stick with an air cleaner, PC or RT and pipes, the Rineharts are not a good choice. Find a good two into one!!!

Personally, for me, NOTHING!!!! makes more power on the dyno than Freedom Cycle modified Rineharts, ( different baffles ).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 01:10:07 AM by mfgreen »

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2004, 04:36:22 AM »

re-tread - How much time dose your motor spend at 5300 RPM??  What good is that kind of HP if it is not in the useable range??  I agree with the above posts that you need to build the exhust around the total package that you have decided for your motor but just as important you can make giant peak HP but if it is not in the useable range what is the point?

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2004, 10:38:23 AM »

Regularly run mine up to the 6200rpm range where the rev limiter kicks in, that was my point about using the power that this motor can make.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2004, 01:43:05 PM »

Uh, HP is always going to peak in the upper ranges.  It's the torque you want down low.

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2004, 03:56:21 PM »

re-tread - How much time dose your motor spend at 5300 RPM??
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2004, 10:18:50 AM »

Best bang for your buck, D&D Performance Fat Cat 2 into 1. Can be bought for just over $500 with complete heat shield and performance is excellent with performance baffle installed.
[smiley=worthless.gif]
Oh yeah they also offer a ghost pipe for people who have money they want to throw away.
(did I ofend anyone, I promise it will never happen again LOL)
[smiley=laugh4.gif]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 10:19:43 AM by the_ofender »
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2004, 12:33:10 PM »

Hurt feelins??  [smiley=laugh.gif]  Offender, you should be more sensative [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  I run with a single exhaust as well......and did on my last two Ultra Classics, too.

However , this exhaust looks nice to me and it's certainly one that I would check out if I were exhaust shopping.  I would be interested in seeing the same exhaust on the SEEG with the false left side, too.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Dallas

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2004, 04:57:13 PM »

IT'S IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER.  I THINK BOTH THE EXHAUST AND REAR TRUNK  &  CARRIER ARE AN EYESORE

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2004, 08:10:45 AM »

I agree with Dallas, Its all depends on what pleases you. I wouldn't put a set of those D & D's on if they were free. Looks like they came off the rt side of a 4 cyl Honda. I have had both the V & H HS Pro Pipes and S/E Pros on the same bike. Some liked it with the 2-1 some didn't. I liked both.

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2004, 08:10:47 AM »

Thanks for posting the picture of the D&D on your SEEG.  My Cherry 05 is due to ship on the 21st of this month.  Question: Did you have any fitment problems with the brake lever? When I put on my Rineharts on my 03, I had to grind the brake lever down and have it re-chromed.  Not much fun.  Not terribly impressed with the Rineharts for performance and the bloody baffles keep rattling loose.  Back to the D&D, is that the Fat Cat or the Borzilla?  Do you think the SE bikes have enough displacement to run the Borzilla?  Thanks for your input. Spook.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2004, 08:16:26 AM »

Do the D&D 2 into 1's make it hard to check the tranny fluid?

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2004, 10:59:09 AM »

I don't know, but when I get home tonight I will look and let you know.  I have a set with fake left side and I really like them.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2004, 01:36:42 PM »

Checking tranny fluid is more difficult with the D&D but I wouldn't call it hard! I also agree somewhat with Dallas that the trunk and carrier are an eyesore (just a nessacary evil for trips) most of the time their hanging in the garage but I do like the way the pipe looks. [smiley=vrolijk_24.gif]

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2004, 05:25:31 PM »

My tour pak stays rapped in a blanket till I go on a long ride.  Went to the Arkansas rally this weekend without the tour pak.  It just looks better (and faster) without it.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

stihlone

• if you cant cut one then stihlone
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2004, 08:31:39 PM »

WELL THIS PROBABLY DONT MEAN chit BUT HERE GOES,,,,I PUT THE RHINEHARTS ON MY
03SE AND LOVED THE WAY THEY LOOKED ON THE RIGHT SIDE AND OUT THE BACK,,,BUT WHAT FOOL DESIGHNED THE LEFT SIDE,,,,SUCKER NEEDS GLASSES BAD OR A LOT OF COFFEE,,,,,ON A BLACK BIKE IT DID NOT SHOW BAD BUT ON THE GOLD,,,I PUT THOSE SUCKERS ON EBAY,,,I GOT TO THINKING ABOUT MY YOUNGER DAYS WHEN I DRAG RACED AND STARTED LOOKING FOR EQUAL LENGTH  (MAKES SENCE TO ME TWO CYLINDERS MAKING THE SAME HORSE POWER,,,EXHAUST FLOWING THE SAME )  THINK ABOUT IT...
BASSANI MAKES IT ,I GOT IT, I LOVE IT,,SE PERFORMANCE MUFFLERS,,,,,,NOW IT LOOKS GOOD,, RUNS GOOD,,, DONT FART,,, AND A EXCELLENT CONVERSATION PIECE.....

2003 ROADKING SE,,BASSANI,SE MUFFLERS,POWER COMMANDER w,SE AIR CLEANER,
2005 BANANA SCOOTER calibers and rhineharts power commander w/freedom mapp, 2007 KZ TOY HAULER,2006CHEV SILVERADO 3500  DURAMAX AND A DOG NAMED JACK...JACK DIED,,,GOT RUN OVER BY A DAMN COW TRAILER

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2004, 08:19:38 AM »

Had the Bassani power curves on the road king before I went with the white bros 2 into 1.  People where always asking questions about them, they ran good was looking for that little extra power so ttied the 2 into 1.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

SE-Dave

• Full CVO Member
  • &quot;AWESOME&quot;
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2004, 09:52:29 PM »

[smiley=laugh.gif]Just thought I would let Y'all see how the Bassani Power fills in the space where the crossover pipe was [smiley=beerchug.gif], Dave

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2004, 10:19:22 PM »

I don't think mine was that sparkly when new!

Where's the misting fluid from the clutch line...and the peeling chrome? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2004, 08:09:49 AM »

Looks very nice, do people ask alot of questions about the exhaust?

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

SE-Dave

• Full CVO Member
  • &quot;AWESOME&quot;
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2004, 08:42:56 AM »

'Knock on Wood"  [smiley=laugh.gif] no Pealing Chrome Yet. I get Questions all the time about The Curve [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I believe Talking Exhaust is like talking Politics or Religion. It's all about personal prefferance  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] The bike is the Canvas and the owner is the Artist.
                                                         "This Board Rocks"
                                                                                      Ride on,  Dave

TB

• Full CVO Member
  • Name: TB
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2004, 11:36:40 AM »

Looks great, definely fills the void.

Any issues with "The Curve" hitting you leg?  How's the heat coming off of the big chrome dounut.  
TB
2008 FLHX, 103 Big Bore, SE Air Cleaner and re-map, Klock Werk windshield.
2005 Assembled - Grim Reap'r -100ci RevTech, Prowler frame.
1993 Sportster - Steam Roll'r - 1200cc, 200 front tire, Paucho springer.
more photos at:  www.nccycle.com

SE-Dave

• Full CVO Member
  • &quot;AWESOME&quot;
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2004, 11:49:25 AM »

TB~ I have not had any issues with Heat from the Power Curve. What heat I do feel mostly on the Left Side.  [smiley=nervous.gif] But it is no different what I was gettin from my stock pipes.  Dave [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Electra Glide Pete

• Pete's 2005 Screaming Eagle Electraglide
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2004, 08:51:25 PM »

I like the deep throaty sound & performance boost that I get from my Vance & Hines slip-ons combined with the Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Kit & HD computer performance download on my FLHTCSE2 Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 08:55:31 PM by ptomory »

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2004, 09:09:31 AM »

SE Pete what vance and hines mufflers did you go with?? Ovals??  Hey by the way welcome to the site you will find great info and great poeple here

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

Electra Glide Pete

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2004, 08:48:41 PM »

SE Pete what vance and hines mufflers did you go with?? Ovals??

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2004, 08:31:25 AM »

Well took the plunge while in Reno and went to Freedom Cycle and had them install there modified version  of the rhineharts and a power commander(already had the air cleaner install).  It's a little louder than I would have liked but the power and performance are incredable. 102hp & 105fpt will post the dyno sheet if I can ever attach something without it being deleted.  This guy is an artist with a dyno there is no dip just a curve that dosen't end till just before the rev limiter kicks in.  Would highly recommend these guys.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2004, 11:37:20 AM »

Magoo you have a PM.

West Coast GTG   

onevtwinlover

• Junior CVO Member
  • It's all about the ride
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2004, 08:47:29 PM »

Has anyone tried the new Caliper (By Sampson) FL-700's true duals?  If so, do you have any dyno results? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2004, 09:41:47 PM »

HERE ONE FOR YOU [smiley=biggthumpup.gif] LAST WEEK I ROLLED IT ON WITH ANOTHER O4 SEEG AT 65-70 MPH ON THE INTERSTATE
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 09:42:29 PM by gettinold »
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2004, 03:49:51 PM »

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] BOTH WITH STAGE 1 RACE TUNER, SE AIR FILTER. IM RUNNING SE SLIP ONS WITH A MODIFIED BAFFLE FROM KERKER THE OTHER BIKE HAD RINEHARTS. [smiley=bigok.gif]

Gettinold, I am wanting to get that modified baffle from Kerker. Where did you get yours and do you have a part number? Thanks    JR    [smiley=beerchug.gif]

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2004, 05:36:59 PM »

05 Green FLHTCSE2
Vance and Hines Dresser Duals
SE performance mufflers Kerker Mikuni baffles
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2004, 06:47:18 PM »

Not to answer for Gettinold but I just ordered 2 Kerker baffles out of the drag catalog part # 100-7857.

Hey MAS,  In another thread didn't you write that you read a map for a race tuner that they only used one baffle in the right side? Was that a 2 into1 exhaust?    [smiley=nixweiss.gif]        JR

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2004, 11:21:28 PM »

Hey MAS,
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2004, 11:48:29 PM »

I am anxious to see how the Kerkers bolt up as when I installed the SE mufflers I did not look at the baffles close enough to see if they were bolted or spot welded in

MAS, From what I can tell , the SE baffles are held in place by the end cap screws. Remove end caps and baffles should slide out. Then you can install kerker baffles. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 11:52:01 PM by J.Rud »

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2004, 02:13:43 AM »

Remove end caps and baffles should slide out.[smiley=nixweiss.gif]
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2004, 01:09:44 PM »

Spoke with Tech support at Kerker today. PAT Mikuni baffles were made for carbureted Harleys as part of their "Pass a Truck" system. They are free flowing 10 inch baffles with very little restriction. According to her I will lose bottom end and gain some mid range and top end, which is not what I want to do [smiley=nixweiss.gif]. She told me it was the wrong application for what I wanted and that the stock baffles would perform better than the Mikuni ones. They also have a Kerker baffle drag part #100-7580 but it is close to the one that comes stock in the SE muffler. I will make a management decision when I see the baffles. Maybe it was a sign that I could not get the baffles out last night [smiley=laugh.gif].
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2004, 02:07:52 PM »

According to her I will lose bottom end and gain some mid range and top end, which is not what I want to do [smiley=nixweiss.gif].

MAS, Thats probably why gettin-old started to pull away at 3800. I'm not looking for top end I would like low to mid range torque with a sweet sound exhaust. I'm not asking for too much am I?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]   Still searching, I got a few months to kill anyway! See Ya ............ JR     [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2004, 07:43:02 PM »

jr
i will be taking mine in next week to have it re-mapped & dynoed tuned. will let you know the results when done [smiley=beerchug.gif]  by the way the kerker baffle is much shorter , less restriction & some what louder. i also want to change the l side just to see the results [smiley=bigok.gif]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 07:45:32 PM by gettinold »
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2004, 08:26:40 PM »

jr
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

rpierce

• Power and Style
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2004, 09:54:01 PM »

Anybody tried a tuned true duel system ? If so what gains or losses are made? [smiley=drink.gif]

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2004, 08:35:38 AM »

Had bassani true daul on my 95in road king they're ok, but your right leg will get very warm.  Like white bros 2 into 1 made better power on the dyno and felt better by the seat of the pants.  plus it is a very quiet exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2004, 07:52:57 PM »

I replaced the baffles in my SE two piece performance mufflers with Kerker Mikuni PAT baffles so I thought I would share a picture of the stock ones. I now know why A) they were so heavy and B) why they were so quiet. The baffles are big, heavy, and restrictive, can barely see daylight through them. I have read of having them modified which to me would mean cutting them in half and either removing or drilling through the outer sleeve. Anyways, some more info for us to have.
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2004, 08:53:26 PM »

Did the baffles in the photo come from your OEM Touring Mufflers? Or did they come from a set of S/E Pro Mufflers (HD #65115-98B)??
My Pro Mufflers are anything but quite, So judging by your comments these must have come from your OEM mufflers.
Thanks

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2004, 10:10:08 PM »

Did the baffles in the photo come from your OEM Touring Mufflers? Or did they come from a set of S/E Pro Mufflers (HD #65115-98B)??
My Pro Mufflers are anything but quite, So judging by your comments these must have come from your OEM mufflers.
Thanks

They are from the 65115-98B's and I will correct myself and say that I now realize why they were not as loud as other slip on mufflers. They had a nice sound but I guess I was looking for something a little louder and more free flowing, and I found it because now they are LOUD with very little back pressure.
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2004, 10:28:49 PM »

Here is the muffler that the baffle came from
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2004, 10:40:49 PM »

Thanks for the response. I have the same as yours in the photo  and they are O.K. around town, but too loud to be pleasant on the interstate. Hate to hear yours if it louder yet. Guess I am getting old, a high horsepower motor that is loud because of the compression, cam, sheer power is COOL, a stock Harley that is loud... is just loud. I changed my mufflers at 1000k and am sorry I did, and as soon as I have time I intend to change back. Once again, guess I am gettin old. Glad you changed the baffles, that was something I had thought about doing. THOUGHT about seems as far as it will go.

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2004, 03:14:58 AM »

I changed my mufflers at 1000k and am sorry I did

For me there is something about the exhaust note of the SE muffler that is very sharp to the ear. I bought them as I thought a SE bike should have SE mufflers and I had been told that they had an aggressive but mellow sound. Now that I have changed baffles that sharp staccato note is just louder and crisper. I think it might be growing on me but if it does not I am going to change them out for the White Brothers Series E mufflers.          
  One thing I do notice is that it gets peoples attention as I have not heard any other pipes or mufflers that sound like these. When guys see the SE mufflers and here the sound they get kind of a perplexed look on their face.
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2004, 11:31:01 AM »

FYI: I don't know if anyone here is aware that Cycle Shack makes the SE mufflers for MOCO. So you can buy the exact same muffler from elsewhere for about 1/2 the price HD charges but, they don't say SE on the sides. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Electra Glide Pete

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2004, 08:42:55 PM »

I still think that the Vance & Hines slip on mufflers give you the best deep throaty sound - not too loud - but loud enough when you get on it to separate the men from the boys, plenty of flow & great performance.....Of course you won't be able to brag that you spent $1500 on the latest fad exhaust system available....but instead you will be able to spend the extra money on doing some great rides & trips on your bike & isn't that what it's all about?

Pete

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2004, 09:20:39 PM »

MAS
DID YOU CHANGE BOTH BAFFLES OR JUST THE RIGHT SIDE [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2004, 10:39:33 PM »

Pete, What kind of $1500 exhaust are you talking about?? OR just emblishing? Rienharts @ $641 and Calibers @ $729 are the most expensive a/m ones I have seen. Then you have Screamin Eagles at $379 for the mufflers, $128 for the end caps and another $128 for the heat shields to cover them when they turn blue/brown (which come on our bikes, not on others). Makes them all very close in price unless you ad the frt V & H true duals (@$295) to the S/E's which makes them the most expensive. I have the S/E setup, but I do know it is not that much cheaper than anything else in the end. Whatever makes whoever happy is the best deal for him (or her). Smiles are where it is at.

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2004, 11:14:39 PM »

MAS
DID YOU CHANGE BOTH BAFFLES OR JUST THE RIGHT SIDE [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I installed Vance and Hines Dresser Duals and changed both baffles as now the exhaust flows more evenly to both mufflers.
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

Electra Glide Pete

« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2004, 08:52:05 PM »

I might have embelished the price a bit but I think most people w/ Reinharts or Bassani's have spent an amount closer to my guess ($1500) by the time they had them installed and had the engine/module set up.  But you are probably right though....whatever floats your boat & makes you happy is also important - I just think sometimes screwing around too much with a good thing only brings you more headaches - like running lean, overheating, knocking & pinging, etc......I've seen it happen to my friend's bike....why get so technical & try so hard to change a good thing.........ride it & enjoy it instead!
I'm probably just getting bummed out because my riding season is coming to an end  here in Northwest Jersey.....it really sucks when there's salt all over the roads......I guess I'm getting too cranky & cynical.........

Pete, What kind of $1500 exhaust are you talking about?? OR just emblishing? Rienharts @ $641 and Calibers @ $729 are the most expensive a/m ones I have seen. Then you have Screamin Eagles at $379 for the mufflers, $128 for the end caps and another $128 for the heat shields to cover them when they turn blue/brown (which come on our bikes, not on others). Makes them all very close in price unless you ad the frt V & H true duals (@$295) to the S/E's which makes them the most expensive. I have the S/E setup, but I do know it is not that much cheaper than anything else in the end. Whatever makes whoever happy is the best deal for him (or her). Smiles are where it is at.

NYChog

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2004, 10:53:15 AM »

I want to install Vance and Hines duals and Oval slip-ons on my 2005 Electra Glide Classic.  I spoke to the dealer and he told me I should stay with a cross over and not to get the duals because the passengers left foot is going to be hot with dual pipes installed.  I'm not sure how true that is, I really like the look of duals on a bike.  Well in any case I'm not a bike expert and I know even less about exhaust.  Do you guys think this is a good choice?  

I'm also gonna add a stage I kit to the bike.  

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2004, 09:28:31 PM »

Never having been a passenger on a bike I can't speak to that experience.  I can tell you, however, that many years of Road Kings with various true dual setups on them and a month or so of the same on the new SEEG has never had a passenger complaining about excessive heat on the left side.  

Admittedly, with the stock exhaust the left side just about doesn't get hot.  You can almost always touch the muffler with your hand, for example.  So with true duals the left side is going to get hotter than it would with a stock setup.  But that doesn't mean it's going to get "too hot" to be ridden close to.  The back of the drivers leg is going to get pretty close to that pipe also when you're at rest.  I've noticed it being hot, but not any more than you'd expect.

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2004, 03:54:17 PM »

Hi all, I'm new to the chat, not the riding tho. I have the 04 Black and Blue - Plate says HDEMUP. I run the Hookers and love the performance and sound, but I'm feeling the "Crossover Blues." I keep toying with the 2 into 1 set up but I also like two pipes on a bagger. I just picked up the 05 Candy Red for my baby yesterday and now I'm thinking pipes. Our dealership has 20% off V&H tomorrow and we're looking at the oval, true dual set up. Anyone tried that set-up and wanna pony up some words of wisdom?
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

onevtwinlover

• Junior CVO Member
  • It's all about the ride
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2004, 05:14:17 PM »

Check out the Freedom Pipe thread.........

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2004, 06:01:07 PM »

I've used V&H exhaust on several scoots over the years and found them to be good quality, but got into Rinehart Headers from BUB on the past 4 or 5.  Since installing my last set, some of the "in the know" contributors to this site introduced us to the modified Rinehart's from Freedom Cycles in Reno.  Many of my riding buddies have since ordered them and I can really say they take the Rinehart's to even a higher level of satisfaction.  Stock or Freedom modified I don't think you can do better that Rineharts for performance, sound and durability in a true dual header.  If you haven't heard a set on a properly tuned 103, you should, as it is indeed a wonderful sound!!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2004, 04:38:28 AM »

Our dealership has 20% off V&H tomorrow and we're looking at the oval, true dual set up. Anyone tried that set-up and wanna pony up some words of wisdom?

WeCVO,

I am running the V&H true duals with modified SE performance mufflers. Fitment and quality is great and I am happy with the setup.
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2004, 09:01:46 AM »

Modified mufflers?  Did you change baffles?  Or modify the stock ones?

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2004, 11:45:21 AM »

Modified mufflers?
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

Electra Glide Pete

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2004, 09:33:58 PM »

MAS,

How do you replace the 2005 FLHTCSE2 Electra Glide's Screamin' Eagle stock muffler baffles?
Is it something that the dealer has to do, or can it be done at home?

Electraglide Pete

Magoo,

I replaced the stock baffles with Kerker Mikuni baffles.

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2004, 09:51:28 PM »

MAS,

How do you replace the 2005 FLHTCSE2 Electra Glide's Screamin' Eagle stock muffler baffles?
Is it something that the dealer has to do, or can it be done at home?

The mufflers I changed the baffles in were the SE two piece performance mufflers part #65115-98B. The stock mufflers are the touring mufflers and I am not sure if you can replace the baffles in them. The baffles in the SE two piece mufflers come out after you remove the end cap. You can either pull them out from the rear or knock them out from the front.
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2005, 11:37:25 AM »

You should talk with V&H about that first,
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2005, 12:46:06 PM »

Everyone,

I have used the V&H Pro Pipe on various EG's, I never had any problems with the pipes, had them on 88s and 95s. I do not mind the look on 2:1s on Deckers (baggers for the Americans).

Have also used the V&H True Dual set up c/w V&H Slip Ons on current Road Glide. Will probably change to Rineharts or RB Racing 2:1 Black Hole if can afford.

This exhaust will be going on a built  04 SE  103" Engine. Only changes Reworked Heads by SBC, Andrews TW55G and Baker DDS 6 Speed. Will see how that sounds and goes.

geezerglide

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2005, 06:18:19 PM »

I have the D&D performance 2 into 1 with fake left side. They are made in Fort Worth TX.  I am completely satisfied with the fit, quality and sound.

ratrbridin

• Ride Hard, Die Fast
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2005, 11:58:39 PM »

I agree 100% w/ hotlineguy.  I just got my '05 Cherry SEEG. We did a complete top end rebuild....103 pro+ pistons & heads, 264 cams roller rockers/supports, pushrods, kuryakyn pro series hypercharger intake and used a D&D "Borzilla" 2-1 to finish it off. Fantastic performance pipe and I was very impressed w/ the look. The rear header has a very dramatic "s" similar to a Bassani, and this thing screams power. Very deep roar and no flat spots in torque going up through the gears. This is my second D&D 2-1. Had one on a '00 FLSTC and was very pleased after trying and replacing three other sets, including V&H straight shots and a V&H 2-1. Drop the 7 bills, you won't be sorry. Just my 2 cents worth.

NYChog

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2005, 11:04:38 PM »

Hi all,

I just installed the rhinehart  pipes on my 05 EG and I see that they also sell quiet baffles.  Does anyone know if you have to remap the powercommander when you change the baffles?  I also wanted to change the end caps, I like the fishtail end caps, is it possible to put them on these pipes?

Thanks.

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2005, 07:08:18 AM »

I've used V&H exhaust on several scoots over the years and found them to be good quality, but got into Rinehart Headers from BUB on the past 4 or 5.

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2005, 07:41:40 AM »

Has anyone tried the Hooker tuned flow 2 into 1 exhaust? If you did what kind of results did you have?
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.355 seconds with 21 queries.