CVO Social > Ride Report

Road King Kicked My Ass

<< < (3/4) > >>

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: 2002FXDWG3 on August 03, 2019, 09:23:04 AM ---When I work on the primary on my '02 I just torque that nut to the torque spec in the service manual and do not do the torque plus angle.  I vaguely recall a change bulletin from the MoCo on this but never had an issue using loctite red and torquing to spec per the service manual.

--- End quote ---

If I remember correctly (so probably not) the torque spec was 135.  I've seen several loose comp nuts using whatever was the old torque spec though; including my own.  So I went ahead and started using the 95 ft pds and 45 degrees and red Loctite.  Fortunately haven't had a loose one doing it that way.  Of course now I've jinxed it so something will start rattling tomorrow!

Yellow09SERG:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on August 02, 2019, 06:47:07 PM ---

Once I stumbled up to the bike last night and saw what had happened I was... well... mildly disconsolate with the part.  Yeah, we'll go with that.  So I stepped out the garage door and threw the bitch as far as I could.  There's live water on that side of the house (normally dry bed but it's been raining) so no telling how far the damn thing sailed downstream.

--- End quote ---

Don, 

With bad ribs it probably didn't actually make it as far as the water and is now laying in the yard just waiting on the mower to find it. Then the mower is next on the lift. Or at least that is how my luck goes

RonandJanet:
That is funny!  Hopefully the saying they come in 3s is not true!

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: Yellow09SERG on August 03, 2019, 10:31:19 AM ---Don, 

With bad ribs it probably didn't actually make it as far as the water and is now laying in the yard just waiting on the mower to find it. Then the mower is next on the lift. Or at least that is how my luck goes

--- End quote ---

Oh crap......

Ghost Rider:
I'm glad I wasn't there to see that.  I would have felt terrible for laughing. 

Well, at first anyway. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version