CVO Social > Ride Report

Road King Kicked My Ass

<< < (2/4) > >>

RonandJanet:
Wow that is amazing!  How in the world did that break??  Glad you are OK.

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: RonandJanet on August 02, 2019, 06:42:22 PM ---Wow that is amazing!  How in the world did that break??  Glad you are OK.

--- End quote ---

No clue Ron.  I have to assume it had a flaw that after a few installs and untold miles finally gave up when being given 100 ft pds and 45 degrees (probably plus a little).  Without an x-ray or other inspection that I'll never do won't know.  I had another one in the parts cabinet so it didn't even slow up the reassembly. 

Once I stumbled up to the bike last night and saw what had happened I was... well... mildly disconsolate with the part.  Yeah, we'll go with that.  So I stepped out the garage door and threw the bitch as far as I could.  There's live water on that side of the house (normally dry bed but it's been raining) so no telling how far the damn thing sailed downstream.

iski:
Damn.

fastfreddy:
 sorry to hear about your cracked nut

J.D.:
When I work on the primary on my '02 I just torque that nut to the torque spec in the service manual and do not do the torque plus angle.  I vaguely recall a change bulletin from the MoCo on this but never had an issue using loctite red and torquing to spec per the service manual.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version