Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: MyRoute-App GPX software is listening to us...  (Read 5345 times)

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Re: MyRoute-App GPX software is listening to us...
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 11:28:46 AM »

Keep your Q & A's coming for MyRoute as I am finding them very informative as I move from Ride Planner to it.  I have several major group trips I have to plan this year and Ride Planner is so over with me.
Q- Are you finding the free version is meeting all your needs?

For me yes, also you can copy other users routes,  I notice it didn’t try to reroute me like ride planner did (no matter how my system was set)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • Twisted Rides
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 06:13:29 PM »

Keep your Q & A's coming for MyRoute as I am finding them very informative as I move from Ride Planner to it.  I have several major group trips I have to plan this year and Ride Planner is so over with me.
Q- Are you finding the free version is meeting all your needs?

I went to the Gold version. I do a lot of ride planning (over 60 routes in my library and growing) and like to build an entire trip, then break it down into segments. Among several other things, the Gold version allows you to split, add, and reverse routes with the click of a button. Besides, these guys have invested a lot of time in developing the tool and I believe deserve to be rewarded for their efforts.
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2018, 08:58:29 PM »

As someone who has never mapped a single route do you think this is beginner friendly? I've plotted runs and bicycle rides on my Garmin.

We are heading to North Carolina/Tennessee for Fourth of July week. There are a ton of rides I'd like to do. I need to get the routes planned and loaded into the bike.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• Twisted Rides
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 09:46:05 PM »

As someone who has never mapped a single route do you think this is beginner friendly? I've plotted runs and bicycle rides on my Garmin.

We are heading to North Carolina/Tennessee for Fourth of July week. There are a ton of rides I'd like to do. I need to get the routes planned and loaded into the bike.

I found MyRouteApp (MRA) to be one of the more user friendly route planning tools. Once you are registered, send a Friend invite to TwistedRides and I’ll hook you up with some nice rides in Western NC and points beyond. You can save and modify to suit your needs and preference.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 09:57:54 PM by RoadTrip »
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2018, 11:14:56 AM »

I agree with RoadTrip.  But aside from being intuitive and easier than most, it also produces dependable results.  And as an added bonus, they have a blog and are are very quick to respond to questions (many!) or problems (few!).
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

Glenncarp

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2018, 03:46:51 PM »

I found MyRouteApp (MRA) to be one of the more user friendly route planning tools. Once you are registered, send a Friend invite to TwistedRides and I’ll hook you up with some nice rides in Western NC and points beyond. You can save and modify to suit your needs and preference.

So, how does one perform a friend request in Tyre?

Glenncarp

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2018, 03:52:20 PM »

Many of you may know that there are several of us on the forum who are using MyRoute-App or Tyre as our route generating software for both the 2014-2017 Infotainment system and for Garmin and TomTom handlebar mounted GPS units.  You may be interested to know that I developed 17 routes using this free software for our 2017 Meet in the Middle at Eureka Springs in early June.  I have to say that in the 5 days I was there, I never heard one complaint or heard of anyone having a problem with the routes that were developed.

Before and since that GTG, I had been in contact with the people at MyRoute-App (MRA) and I have to say that for free software, they were extremely helpful and gave us plenty of guidance on using MRA with the Infotainment system.  As a matter of fact, they have now developed a file export type just for the Infotainment system that cuts out the unnecessary track information and as a result cuts about 95% of the file size out.  A route that used to be upwards of 500kb is now under 10kb, which means we can put a lot more routes on our bikes now without filling up the memory.

Here is a link to the conversation I had with Daniel, an engineer at MRA, and with Nigel from the UK.  I came in toward the bottom of page one and several back-and-forth conversations on most of page 2:
http://support.myrouteapp.com/support/discussions/topics/5000063592/page/1?url_locale=

And here is a help guide to loading routes on the Harley Infotainment system:
https://myrouteapp.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000031620-transferring-routes-to-the-harley-davidson-boombox

I have also done around 9 routes for the Maggie Valley GTG coming up in September using this software, and have put them in their own thread in case you want to see them or download them.  Most of my routes on MRA are public and can be found here:
https://www.myrouteapp.com/travelblog/routes/1003490#

I expect we haven't seen the last of MRA's help for us Harley types, and by the way, I didn't get a penny from MRA for any of this.  I just like their (free) software and the excellent service we get from them.  Something I am sad to say Harley could take some tips from.

Wow, awesome routes and great timing, I am moving to Asheville at the end of this week. Thanks for all the work.

Started using Tyre last year when I planned route down entire Skyline/BRP trip. Planned next days route each night and never had an issue. Well almost, make sure you use Google maps street view if you suspect a road may not be paved, we had to turn around twice and take gravel roads twice. Not a big deal unless you are two miles into a gravel road and it turns to dirt.

Thanks again. I am moving to a town 2 miles off BRP!! Can't wait!

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• Twisted Rides
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2018, 04:32:33 PM »

So, how does one perform a friend request in Tyre?

I've not used Tyre (downloaded software), but in MyRouteApp (Web version), it is as simple as expanding the left column (→), then expanding the Friends tab, then click "Invite Friends" and enter the screen name or email address.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

Glenncarp

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2018, 04:51:58 PM »

Many of you may know that there are several of us on the forum who are using MyRoute-App or Tyre as our route generating software for both the 2014-2017 Infotainment system and for Garmin and TomTom handlebar mounted GPS units.  You may be interested to know that I developed 17 routes using this free software for our 2017 Meet in the Middle at Eureka Springs in early June.  I have to say that in the 5 days I was there, I never heard one complaint or heard of anyone having a problem with the routes that were developed.

Before and since that GTG, I had been in contact with the people at MyRoute-App (MRA) and I have to say that for free software, they were extremely helpful and gave us plenty of guidance on using MRA with the Infotainment system.  As a matter of fact, they have now developed a file export type just for the Infotainment system that cuts out the unnecessary track information and as a result cuts about 95% of the file size out.  A route that used to be upwards of 500kb is now under 10kb, which means we can put a lot more routes on our bikes now without filling up the memory.

Here is a link to the conversation I had with Daniel, an engineer at MRA, and with Nigel from the UK.  I came in toward the bottom of page one and several back-and-forth conversations on most of page 2:
http://support.myrouteapp.com/support/discussions/topics/5000063592/page/1?url_locale=

And here is a help guide to loading routes on the Harley Infotainment system:
https://myrouteapp.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000031620-transferring-routes-to-the-harley-davidson-boombox

I have also done around 9 routes for the Maggie Valley GTG coming up in September using this software, and have put them in their own thread in case you want to see them or download them.  Most of my routes on MRA are public and can be found here:
https://www.myrouteapp.com/travelblog/routes/1003490#

I expect we haven't seen the last of MRA's help for us Harley types, and by the way, I didn't get a penny from MRA for any of this.  I just like their (free) software and the excellent service we get from them.  Something I am sad to say Harley could take some tips from.

Just transferred one of your routes. Like that you named the way points with directions like "Stay on Route 209" VERY helpful when riding a route "Blind" . That is what the forums are about, sharing info, tips and tricks. Thanks again.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2018, 05:05:05 PM »

Just transferred one of your routes. Like that you named the way points with directions like "Stay on Route 209" VERY helpful when riding a route "Blind" . That is what the forums are about, sharing info, tips and tricks. Thanks again.

I used four or five of his routes last year in MV and I noticed that as well, yes it was a big help.
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2018, 05:35:06 PM »

Wow, awesome routes and great timing, I am moving to Asheville at the end of this week. Thanks for all the work.

Started using Tyre last year when I planned route down entire Skyline/BRP trip. Planned next days route each night and never had an issue. Well almost, make sure you use Google maps street view if you suspect a road may not be paved, we had to turn around twice and take gravel roads twice. Not a big deal unless you are two miles into a gravel road and it turns to dirt.

Thanks again. I am moving to a town 2 miles off BRP!! Can't wait!

You might want to check out the 2017 Maggie Valley threads.  When we were planning on going, I did around 10 or so routes of that area.  I was rather pleased with the routes, as they covered the gamut from short to long.  Problem was the tropical storm that came thru there.  We called off the trip with a week to go so I never got to try the routes out.  Maybe you can be the first!
Harry
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2018, 05:36:25 PM »

Glad they worked for you!  Thanks!
Harry

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2018, 05:36:49 PM »

I used four or five of his routes last year in MV and I noticed that as well, yes it was a big help.

Good deal!
Harry

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2018, 10:14:59 AM »

I'm like you, as I had never mapped out a route either. A little over a week ago, I signed up for the 30 day free Gold trial option. I watched a few of there on line webinars and created a couple of routes. I did catch on pretty quick to the basic functions, and I know there is a lot more I will pick up on. So Yes I believe it is very user friendly. When my 30 day trial is over, I will be signing up for the Gold package, as I like several of the extra options.
Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2018, 11:39:12 AM »

I'm like you, as I had never mapped out a route either. A little over a week ago, I signed up for the 30 day free Gold trial option. I watched a few of there on line webinars and created a couple of routes. I did catch on pretty quick to the basic functions, and I know there is a lot more I will pick up on. So Yes I believe it is very user friendly. When my 30 day trial is over, I will be signing up for the Gold package, as I like several of the extra options.

Good note, bigC.  You've found out what the rest of us have.  Thanks for chiming in.
Harry

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 26 queries.