CVO Social > Off Topic

GMC offering a Harley Truck

<< < (2/7) > >>

OBB:

--- Quote from: JCZ on January 08, 2020, 11:55:56 PM ---Harley has been on a down hill slide for a few years.  Now they've gone from a partnership with the #1 selling truck in America for 40 years to the least selling truck.   :huepfenlol2:

--- End quote ---
Least selling? Got some data to back that up? Pretty sure they are still outselling at least the Nissan truck and probably the 'Yota as well. I'd like to know how many GMC owners would stay with the GM brand and buy a Chevy if the GMC lineup was not available. Pretty sure that number would be higher than the Furd or Dodge.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

ultrarider123:
It's only money, folks.  Just a little bit down and a little bit every month.... :huepfenlol2: ;D :nervous: :huepfenjump3: :bananarock:

Purdy truck, though...wonder if that other American motorcycle company will ever partner with somebody on a truck?  Maybe Dodge???

Inquiring minds... :nixweiss:

muddypaws:
Why would anyone buy that truck...

FLSTFI Dave:

--- Quote from: OBB on January 09, 2020, 01:30:10 AM ---Least selling? Got some data to back that up? Pretty sure they are still outselling at least the Nissan truck and probably the 'Yota as well. I'd like to know how many GMC owners would stay with the GM brand and buy a Chevy if the GMC lineup was not available. Pretty sure that number would be higher than the Furd or Dodge.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

--- End quote ---

Been a life long GMC truck guy, 7 new ones.  When I went to trade my last Crew Cab Dually 4x4 diesel GMC the dealer I bought it from said he would give me top dollar,  Asked what I wanted and I said a 1500 Denali, 4x4 with the ultimate package, a 66K truck.  He come back with 20K for my trade, and 64K for his truck.  I laughed my ass off.  Told him he had until noon the next day to come up with a realistic offer as my truck was worth more, and his truck was worth much less.

I did not go look at a chevy truck even though I have a good relationship with the chevy dealer from buying corvettes.  I went to the Ford Dealer, never having owned a Ford.  Found a nice F-150 Platinum, had more stuff than the Denali, bigger cab too.  66K for MSRP like the GMC, only 200 more MSRP.  Ford gave me 25,500 for my trade.  Ford marked their truck down to 55K.  Needless to say I am in a Ford.  I would consider another GMC, but not a Chevy.

GMC and Chevy Combined sell about the same as Ford trucks, varies year to year but not by much.

grc:

Full size pickup sales figures for 2018 (2019 still not final):

Ford F Series        909,330      Chevy + GMC      805,135 
Chevy Silverado    585,581
Dodge Ram           536,980
GMC Sierra           219,554
Toyota Tundra      118,258
Nissan Titan           50,459

Jerry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page