Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Corbin Heated Seat - Need seat to power cable  (Read 2342 times)

rdawg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red AKA "Red Rider"
Corbin Heated Seat - Need seat to power cable
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:55:26 PM »

I bought a used Dual heated seat for the wifes bike (2009 Ultra). Took the cable off to fit it to her bike and haven't been able to find it.  Contacted Corbin and all the will do is send me to a dealer.  My local dealer called and they want 50 bucks dealer cost for it, so my cost would be close to 75..... :oops:
Anyone know who makes the connectors where I can make a pigtail to the power connection under seat?  It's a 6 cavity plug to fit the box under the seat.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Corbin Heated Seat - Need seat to power cable
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 08:24:53 PM »

Call Corbin in California tomorrow.  Ask for Julio (pronounced Hulio)......he'll fix you up. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

rdawg

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:43:40 PM »

Thanks JC, I'll give it a try.  I called and emailed and got the same corporate response......call a dealer.  Modesto HD was nice enough to tell me their cost, can't see this connector and 2 wires being 50 bucks....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 09:09:59 PM »

I have a few Corbin pigtails and other bits out in the shop.  Not a clue right now if one of these is in the mix but will look tomorrow and let you know if I've got it.

Just for grins try to find pics by some shop offering a six pin molex connector.  Might be what you're after.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 09:14:03 PM »

Thanks JC, I'll give it a try.  I called and emailed and got the same corporate response......call a dealer.  Modesto HD was nice enough to tell me their cost, can't see this connector and 2 wires being 50 bucks....

That's probably for the full wiring harness (male and female side) but for that price, it'd be cheaper for you to just ride over to Corbin on a Sat. and get one directy from them.  Julio would probably just give it to you.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

rdawg

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 09:28:10 PM »

I have a few Corbin pigtails and other bits out in the shop.  Not a clue right now if one of these is in the mix but will look tomorrow and let you know if I've got it.

Just for grins try to find pics by some shop offering a six pin molex connector.  Might be what you're after.

Looks pretty similar don't it?  Found this at Aliiedelec.com.
Thanks for the help!
Rich

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 10:27:08 PM »

Looks pretty similar don't it?  Found this at Aliiedelec.com.
Thanks for the help!
Rich

Pretty sure that's what it is.  Corbin did not always use that plug tucked way up under the saddle like that.  Used to have a simple pigtail connector that hung down below the seat.  Much easier to connect when raising or lowering the saddle. 

My old Road Glide's saddle arrived a couple years ago with that connector.  I cut the harness ten inches or so below that connector and added a simple two wire Deutsch connector that is a lot easier to get to when taking the seat on and off.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 10:02:25 AM »

If memory serves me right, Molex connectors not only come in different configurations, but in different sizes too. .1x, .09x, etc.. They are not expensive but check for the correct size when ordering online.  Pretty easy to make up your own harness with a good pair of glasses  ;D

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 22 queries.