CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Look at my drain plug...chunky!

(1/4) > >>

dayne66:
Last spring, under ESP, had the motor rebuilt....started smoking and using oil.....they got it back this last spring and changed rings and valve guides.....just got 1164 break-in kms on it and dropped the oil. The plug was barely tight and the o-ring was in half (don't know where the other half is)...but.....the chunks on the magnet are my main concern.

dayne66:
the o-ring

dayne66:
another angle

J.D.:
No idea what those big chunks could be if they are magnetic.  If they're not magnetic it could be some thread sealant paste.

On the oring, sometimes the seating surface on the pan has a burr.  I had one that shredded orings every oil change.  Ended up running a spherical stone on that surface slowly and carefully until I couldn't feel the burr on my fingertip with moderate pressure.  I can go quite a few changes now without replacing the oring.

dayne66:
Whew.....not magnetic......they are shiny thread sealant.

Engine still does not run or sound that well...esp at idle...but....I am sure 'that's normal'...so drive the piss outta it and hope for the best....or bust!

Why are they using thread sealant paste?.......I have never used it and never had an issue.

The dealer seems to either have a limp-wristed tech tighten them....or steroid junkies taking out their frustrations on them.....neither have heard of a torque wrench!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version