CVO Technical > Twin Cam

JIMS Twin Cam 120

(1/18) > >>

CVOandChop:
Considering buying a JIMS Twin Cam 120CI motor.

Anyone have one?
Durability?
Street rideability for a bagger?
Should I dress up a 103 instead?

Any thoughts appreciated.

[smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=confused5.gif]

GC_Super:
I think it depends on your pocketbook and your needs.  Both can produce similar numbers, but I've heard from several people that a stock 120 is very smooth and quiet.  A 103 producing 120 hp would most likely not be all that quiet due to high lift cams and stout springs. Just a matter of what you want. Me, I prefer  a larger motor with lower compression that doesn't have all that top end noise, but I'm not trying to outrun everybody either.  Matter of fact, I'm getting tired ( old too ) of having to stop every 120 miles for gas.  30 mpg.  Will gladly give up some of that power for more range and less noise.  Just my .02, which is worth .00  [smiley=laugh.gif]

Spook_103:
NOT TRUE!  Just called Jim's and they said the 120 will fit all 06 bikes EXCEPT the new Dyna.  Just to clarify, as I have an 06 Street Glide that I am going to make in to my own "screaming eagle".  Spook.

axe103:

--- Quote ---NOT TRUE!
--- End quote ---

Spook_103:
Very interesting.  I have had 2 CVO bikes and decided I would be better off building my own as I end up tearing the motor apart in search of more HP and torque.  Although I must admit I miss my Cherry 05, as it was a striking bike.  My back problems have been resolved (at least temporarily), so the street glide was my choice.  How does the cost of the Zipper' motor compare to the Jim's?  One would think that they are both based on twin cam cases so that the oil feed and return would be relatively the same.  I obviously will check out this information before I order the Jim's.  The other reason I wanted to build my own bike was that I really do enjoy a carbed bike (throttle response, idle, ease of tuning) rather than FI
which is all the CVO bikes offer.  Your choice of bikes is stunning as I sat on one in Sturgis this year.  Of the colors offered, you picked well!  Thanks for the information and enjoy your new Ultra!!  Spook.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version