Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: 3 Dead in Phoenix Motorcycle Crash :-(  (Read 12662 times)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
3 Dead in Phoenix Motorcycle Crash :-(
« on: March 25, 2010, 07:31:11 PM »

AP - Phoenix Fire Department Deputy Chief Frank Salomon says six patients are in critical condition and two were airlifted to a hospital.

PHOENIX -- Three people were killed Thursday afternoon and six others critically injured when several motorcycles collided with a truck hauling garbage on the Carefree Highway in north Phoenix. There were a total of nine patients. Six were listed in critical condition and two were flown to a Phoenix hospital, said Phoenix Fire Department Deputy Chief Frank Salomon. Salomon told The Associated Press the accident happened when the riders got too close to the big rig.

"It appears the garbage truck collided with the group of motorcyclists. There was fire involved. It's a horrific scene," Salomon said.

The crash occurred in the area of 27th Avenue and the Carefree Highway around noon. Jarrod Cook, a worker at the nearby Ketzal Mexican Grill, said he saw several motorcycles wedged underneath the garbage truck, which caught fire. "The first thing we saw was a big puff of smoke when the truck lit on fire," he said.

Cook said he walked over and witnessed a chaotic scene with some of the injured lying on the ground. Dozens of police and rescue personnel responded to the crash off Interstate 17. Phoenix Fire Department spokesman Jonathan Jacobs told KNXV-TV in Phoenix that witnesses reported that several motorcycle riders were stopped at a light when they were struck from behind by a sanitation truck and dragged 50 to 75 yards.

The three riders killed were trapped under the truck and the injured included four males and two females, Jacobs said.The 50-year-old driver of the truck was not injured and is being questioned by police. The Carefree Highway was expected to be closed for several hours as police investigate the crash and determine exactly what happened.

Click here to read more on this story from MyFoxPhoenix.com.
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

BADBAGG

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B D& D Fat Cat , SE 259E Cams , High Compression Pistons , TTS Mastertune, Yaffe Monkeys bars , Yaffe Monkey engine guard , Kenwood DVD/CD radio 650 watts 7 speakers. C & C solo seat , Motorcycle Armor, Klock Werks 8" windsheild,30 tooth pulley
Re: 3 Dead in Phoenix Motorcycle Crash :-(
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 07:44:25 PM »

WTF  Thats is just horrible.

Ultra2010

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 08:15:43 PM »

Damn.  That just sickens me.  So Sorry for all concerned. All they did was stop for a light...................

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 08:31:03 PM »

How in hell can someone not see a group of motorcycles stopped at a light.  What a tragedy
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 10:25:43 PM »

PHOENIX — A group of eight motorcycles stopped at a red light in north Phoenix were mowed down from behind by a dump truck early Thursday afternoon, killing three riders and injuring six others, at least one critically, authorities said.

The most seriously injured was an off-duty Phoenix Fire Department captain who was in very critical condition Thursday evening, said Phoenix police spokesman Detective James Holmes.

The motorcyclists were stopped behind a pickup and a small SUV at the red light when the truck driver rammed them from behind, he said. The truck ran over the motorcyclists and continued into the small SUV in front of them, Holmes said.

The top article states they were driving too close to the truck. This version from Comcast news 2 hrs ago is stated differently.

Terrible!
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 11:02:30 PM »

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 01:32:25 AM »

http://www.azcentral.com/community/northvalley/articles/2010/03/25/20100325phoenix-motorcycle-crash-abrk.html

by Allison Hurtado, Beth Duckett, Jake Harris and Kevin Kennedy - Mar. 25, 2010 10:00 PM
The Arizona Republic and 12 News

Tania Krukoff, an employee at a nearby Walgreen's, said she was returning from a nearby gas station when she came upon the accident and talked to the driver of the truck.

"He was in shock," Krukoff said. "He (said) he wasn't paying attention, just shuffling with his paperwork."
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

AZ SESG

• '17 SESG Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black -- '02 SERK Candy/Brandywine *Gone but not forgotten*
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Formerly AZ SERK

• CVO1: '02 FLHRSEI / Sold
    • CVO2: '17 FLHXSE
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 02:50:45 AM »

Yes, they were stopped at a red light.  All were members of MC Cruisers. 

It was a sanitation dump truck and the driver was distracted with paperwork.  He literally ran over several of the bikes and riders.  Those killed were trapped under the truck, where a fire erupted.  At least two riders are in critical condition.  Absolutely tragic!

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those who parished and, to those injured.
Life is: Choices. Choose wisely.
"Ability + Commitment - Doubt = Reality"
IBA #42159

Occam

• Full CVO Member
  • Power On The Cheap

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE in black & fire quartz
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 03:20:41 AM »

Wife just saw this on the news, called me in to the room to watch.
Un.
Fricken.
Believable.

Like some of you, I live out here in the desert, near the location of the tragedy.
It's alarming, because a person operating a vehicle of that size and weight was more concerned about shyte in his cab than the cruise missile he pilots.
Looks like he hurt one of the cagers too; this guy may as well have been napping.

My prayers also for the families of the departed, and the wounded and their families as well.

JeffsHogPen

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2001 FLHR
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 03:39:12 AM »

I am so sorry to hear this. I read it on MSNBC. May God be with their Family's. What to do with the Driver?????? Take him out back and run over him.......
Hookem¨Horns!!!!!

StrokedRider

• If i had to do it all over again i would Ride a little harder, Love a little better and Stay a little longer.
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Ride Hard, Live Free!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red / Black Ice (SOLD to Mjcw01)
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 10:16:11 AM »

I am sickened by this. This is a streach of road i drive everyday and watch as motorists drive with little regard through there as if they are the only ones on the road. I have seen either this truck or another one like it with the same company logo come through there and is always driving like there is no tommorow. No matter what the "reason" for this is, this poor idiot truck driver will be haunted with the memory of murdering and maiming. May he be miserable for the rest of his life. (Sorry!)
"Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 11:27:16 AM »

Feels like I was kicked in the stomach. Wow, this hurts. Tears for all involved, even the driver of the truck, a moment of inattention and his life is too changed. This hurts.

YesItsLoaded

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 12:29:32 PM »

It is so sad - and happens to be my biggest fear (getting hit from behind while stopped at a light).

Not that this would or could have helped the riders in this accident, but after 30 years of sitting at red lights in neutral with my arms crossed looking cool, I have started to angle my bike for escape between cars; bike is in gear and I watch my mirrors like a hawk. Only after a few cars have stopped behind me do I shift into neutral (if at all).

Thoughts and prayers for all involved.

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 03:09:56 PM »

It's a tragedy.  But it's also a lesson.  As stated above, never sit and BS with your fellow riders at a light.  Malinda and I angle left and right and leave 'em in gear, ready to zip out if the vehicle behind is not paying attention.   Of course with a group of 8 bikes the escape room would've run out real quick.  Another reason we almost never do large group riding anymore.

Hope all who were hurt heal fast.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
Motorcycle Crash in Phoenix Area Leaves three dead
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 07:16:34 PM »

One of my riding buddies called me to tell me about this crash, really sad and so avoidable. I hope the guy that did this goes to prison.
Scott

http://www.zimbio.com/Phoenix+Motorcycle+Crash/articles/nkNzlI6_nIW/Phoenix+Motorcycle+Crash+Kills+3

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
Re: Motorcycle Crash in Phoenix Area Leaves three dead
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 07:53:07 PM »

WOW, that just sucks,  You never know when your time is up,  my prayers for the family, I hope for the driver's sake it is some kind of freak accident , otherwise how could live with that guilt :(
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

Ultra2010

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 08:47:21 PM »

It's a tragedy.  But it's also a lesson.  As stated above, never sit and BS with your fellow riders at a light.  Malinda and I angle left and right and leave 'em in gear, ready to zip out if the vehicle behind is not paying attention.   Of course with a group of 8 bikes the escape room would've run out real quick.  Another reason we almost never do large group riding anymore.

Hope all who were hurt heal fast.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

I agree with you but we'll never know just how all this went down........... God Bless them all and their families.   Sometimes, no matter what we do, it's not enough ~ I so strongly recommend the Bright Ass Lights ( brightasslights.com) for ANY extra "Hey here we are" effect.  Just look at how many have gone down in the past month, all at stop lights.......... And the diver of the truck allegedly stated he was "shuffling his paperwork and not paying attention".  For that all these people are gone and so many hurt and so very many effected.   

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 10:40:03 PM »

It is so sad to read something like this my thoughts and prayers to all except the driver sorry.

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 11:41:52 AM »

Keeping the bike in gear watching behind as well as in front and in a position to maneuver is the key. Sound familar, for those attending a MSF training course, think back and this is what we were all instructed to do while stopped in traffic.  Big wake up call for me.  There are NO short cuts or time outs when it comes to safety.  These are reasonable compromises to do when engaged in our passion.

"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2010, 01:04:18 PM »

This story hits very hard as I got hit from behind some 25 years ago.

I agree with you Ultra2010 as we really cant come to a conclusion of how this went down from what was published.

I remember vividly in slow motion how my accident went down and yet I still don't understand how I didn't get hit by a car: the light had just turned red and I just stopped in the left lane of the intersection with no one to my right. I saw the cars in the intersection just starting to go Through seeing a white car comming up from behind me hearing the brakes squealing. I saw no option other than hold on and pray. I was riding a BMW k series bike I just bought two weeks ago, and i was wearing a helmet, ironically I was on my way to look at a new helmet. I got catapulted into the air went to the left the bike went to the right with both of us landing almost in the center of the intersection. Everyone got out of their cars to help and couldn't believe what had just happened as they saw me in the air. My bike with 4k of damage as it landed flat on its side when it came down, I landed about 10 feet to the left with only a knee injury. I looked at the car (a small Toyota) and it had a skid mark almost in the center of the hood on top. The car had kind of an extended bumper and apparently when the driver came up from behind me with the brakes locked it cause the car to squat in the front getting under my back tire lifting the bike up on to of the hood before launching me and the bike. The driver had just got his license and said he didn't see me. I still think about that day sometimes when comming to a red light especially these days with people on their phone and with people going through red lights. My situation left me absolutely no option, but I truly believe my higher power had things under control that day  as I was litterally along for the ride.....

Roy

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 04:11:10 PM »

Very sad to hear about this horrific wreck. Can only hope the hurt come thru alright. I have been riding for over 46 years. Two times in that time period, I have been hit from behind at a stop light. Once by a 16 year old driver that had already caused a fatality one month before hitting me. He totaled out a bike that I had just left the dealership with (12 miles on speedo). The other was an in-attentive semi truck driver, much like the scenario in Phoinex, except there were only three of us, and all of us survived with fairly minor injuries (I WAS MUCH YOUNGER AND A LOT MORE LIMBER BACK THEN). It still cares the crap out of me any time I hear tires squealing when on my bike! Both of those accidents happened in the blink of an eye, and would not have mattered if my bike had been in neutral or in gear, although I ALWAYS leave my bike in gear at a stop!!

Ultra2010

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 06:50:12 PM »

I know a I'm posting too much in this thread, but these types of accidents are ONE of my BIGGEST fears.  Today in Tacoma Wa, (Rustin Way area) a car came around the corner spinning his tires, scared me to death, and I was not even close to him, just took me a second to see who, where, what...  I too always keep back from the vehicle in from of me, in gear, facing slightly to the left or right depending on the situation.  I stopped riding with a guy who I really like hanging with for 2 very specific reasons:  Always wanted to push it on trips and ride at night (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming) and I'm just not up to that.  And at EVERY stop light he was close to the vehicle in front of him and would pull that Fing blackberry out and check his email.... NOT FOR ME!!  Maybe nothing bad will ever happen to him and I hope not, but I was always so uneasy, I just stopped riding with him, which ended up costing me our friendship.  But for me, ALL that matters is I GET HOME TO MY FAMILY 

ragtop13

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Amber/Citrus
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2010, 07:33:41 PM »

My fear....getting creamed from behind while stopped or getting creamed by an idiot from a side street. Our HOG group lost a member last year while on a group ride and a woman came out of a side street without even slowing down and broadsided a couple riders,,, one, a mom and wife was killed.

My prayers go out to their families and surviving riders....

As Sgt. Phil Esterhaus on Hill Street Blues use to say..."Let's be careful out there"
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering "What the hell happened!?!?"

hooligan

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: 09 XB12X Buell Ulysses
    • CVO3: 05 XL883C
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2010, 11:50:18 PM »

This is  a  terrible tragedy. I hate sitting @ intersections. My cousin and her husband were rear ended at a stop sign by a pickup truck two years ago, Broke her back,This really woke me up.. I'm happy to say she is finally out of her wheelchair and has most of her mobility back.I still can't believe how many accidents happen at stop signs and red lights " I didn't see you" obviously didn't see the stop light or sign either.
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Razor Red
SE Heavy Breather
V & H Slip ons
Power Commander 3 usb
Diamond cut Cylinders and Heads
True Track
Chrome Inner Primary & Tons of Chrome

AZ SESG

• '17 SESG Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black -- '02 SERK Candy/Brandywine *Gone but not forgotten*
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Formerly AZ SERK

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2010, 12:06:30 AM »

There are now four lives lost.  They removed one young lady from life-support, late yesterday.  She passed away soon thereafter.

Four others continue to receive treatment in intensive-care.  Their medical status remains, "Critical."

Please continue to keep all of the riders and their families in your prayers.

IBA #42159

fast96

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Mako Shark
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2010, 02:50:44 PM »

It was a horrible deal and the bad part was the driver has a really bad driving record he ran over a freind of mines girlfreind months ago and shes still messed up go figure you think with these economic times companys would trim the bad fat plenty of good people out there looking for jobs! Lots of prayers for the families and Fri one more person died bringing the count to 4. Chris
Any day Racin or Ridin is better than workin!

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 04:55:13 PM »

The fire captain has been upgraded to serious

CBW

• 1K CVO Member
  • HOG,AMA,ABATE
    • PA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • CVO2: 2009 FXDFSE
    • CVO3: 1984 FXE,1964 FLH
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2010, 07:44:19 PM »

Thats really messed up
RIDE SAFE and Never RIDE faster than your guardian angel can fly.

StrokedRider

• If i had to do it all over again i would Ride a little harder, Love a little better and Stay a little longer.
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Ride Hard, Live Free!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red / Black Ice (SOLD to Mjcw01)
"Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 10:19:04 PM »

The driver of the sanitation truck has been arrested for being under the influence of meth...

http://motorcycling.speedtv.com/article/ama-sanitation-truck-driver-charged/

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 07:24:23 PM »

Phoenix truck driver who crashed into stopped bikers charged with manslaughter, assault
By Associated Press 7:12 PM CDT, April 6, 2010

PHOENIX (AP) — The driver of a dump truck that slammed into a group of motorcycles stopped at a red light in north Phoenix has been arrested and booked into jail on four counts of manslaughter. Phoenix police say 46-year-old Michael Jakscht was taken into custody Tuesday. He also faces five counts of aggravated assault and seven counts of endangerment. Police say initial toxicology tests show Jakscht had methamphetamine in his system March 25 when his truck rear-ended eight motorcycles, killing three men and one woman. Five other riders were injured, at least one severely.

Some justice here..........but really feel for the families involved.
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 10:31:21 PM »

They said he was high when arrested

AZ SESG

• Elite CVO Member
  • Formerly AZ SERK

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2010, 11:38:25 PM »

They said he was high when arrested

Yes.  My buddy, an officer with the Phoenix PD, said the truck driver was definitely impaired.   :sauer055:
IBA #42159

dustingaunder

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE in Spiced Rum
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 07:48:38 PM »

Should be able to get 2nd degree if not 1st degree murder.  He made a choice of driving impaired and killed people.  The death penalty should be an option and a deferred sentence and probation should not.
2010 FLHXSE w/
Fullsac X-Pipe 'B'
2.0 Baffles
TTS Tune
Clearview 8" Smoke Recurve
Nice and Simple!

AZ SESG

• Elite CVO Member
  • Formerly AZ SERK

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 08:02:54 PM »

Should be able to get 2nd degree if not 1st degree murder.  He made a choice of driving impaired and killed people.  The death penalty should be an option and a deferred sentence and probation should not.

^ What he said! ^
IBA #42159

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 08:07:37 PM »

The prisons are full of bikers who will take care of him...no respect for tweakers.  Doc

dustingaunder

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE in Spiced Rum
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 09:08:50 AM »

The prisons are full of bikers who will take care of him...no respect for tweakers.  Doc

I hope so, but if he gets manslaughter or maybe even pleads down to involuntary manslaughter there is a chance that he'll never see a prison cell with the defferred sentencing.  He'll agree to go to rehab and have 10 years of probation or some BS like that.  I hope he goes to the pen and I hope the boys beat the ever loving snot out of him.

I don't mean to sound so harsh about it, but I have no tolerance for driving while impaired.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:10:29 AM by dustingaunder »
2010 FLHXSE w/
Fullsac X-Pipe 'B'
2.0 Baffles
TTS Tune
Clearview 8" Smoke Recurve
Nice and Simple!

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 08:02:15 PM »

I hope so, but if he gets manslaughter or maybe even pleads down to involuntary manslaughter there is a chance that he'll never see a prison cell with the defferred sentencing.  He'll agree to go to rehab and have 10 years of probation or some BS like that.  I hope he goes to the pen and I hope the boys beat the ever loving snot out of him.

I don't mean to sound so harsh about it, but I have no tolerance for driving while impaired.

Unfortunately youre probably right... but this case has made headlines and continues to do so... putting the pressure on police and prosecutors to be extremely diligent in thier work...

I'm more inclined to believe a Commercial Driver would know the dangers and should be held to a higher standard and should be charged with 1st degree MURDER rather than manslaughter

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 04:25:58 AM »

and that's what happened in court: mistrial
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2011, 05:49:56 AM »

Just horrible.  :( Way too many of these 'accidents' happening to our brothers/sisters on scooters.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 09:16:53 AM »

and that's what happened in court: mistrial

How the hell?

Jakscht was charged with four counts of manslaughter, five counts of aggravated assault and two counts of endangerment. But the jury could not reach a unanimous decision, and on Thursday, after four days of deliberations in Maricopa County Superior Court, it hung 9-3 in favor of acquittal. Judge Joseph Welty was forced to declare a mistrial.

so... he plows into the riders, claims he looked away for a "moment" (to take a hit from his crack-pipe) and the jurors wanted to acquit him?

Sorry.. thats bullchit

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.303 seconds with 21 queries.