Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Super Bowl  (Read 2616 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: Super Bowl
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2024, 02:33:25 PM »

I enjoyed looking at Blake Lively more than Taylor Swift.

Someone did a breakdown and came up with only 54 seconds of Taylor Swift on camera.  Yet people complain like they were having to sit through a 15 min sermon in church on Sunday or an evening of politicians debating.  It was just 54 seconds out of your life.

Blake Lively is nice to look at too.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2024, 03:06:11 PM »

This year I took my wife to the Dolphins Raiders game and she asked me why are they standing around why aren't they not running another play? I said they have to get all the commercials squeezed in it's all controlled by the TV timeline.

If you don't mind me asking, which stadium and how much were the tickets?  The last time I paid to see a game was 1995 Redskins at Rams in Anaheim, CA.  I don't remember the ticket prices but I know it didn't cost me a kidney.

"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2024, 03:45:38 PM »

If you don't mind me asking, which stadium and how much were the tickets?  The last time I paid to see a game was 1995 Redskins at Rams in Anaheim, CA.  I don't remember the ticket prices but I know it didn't cost me a kidney.
I live in south Florida so it was Hard Rock Stadium I call it Dolphin stadium. The face value of the tickets were $ 75.00 each. I didn't pay that. A good friend got the tickets through some kind of deal. Anyway I paid half the face value. Plus $20.00 for parking. The seats were in the upper deck about 3 rows up along the 45 yard line.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2024, 10:40:13 PM »

I live in south Florida so it was Hard Rock Stadium I call it Dolphin stadium. The face value of the tickets were $ 75.00 each. I didn't pay that. A good friend got the tickets through some kind of deal. Anyway I paid half the face value. Plus $20.00 for parking. The seats were in the upper deck about 3 rows up along the 45 yard line.

That's pretty good pricing, especially the parking.  I'm sure the beer and hotdogs were expensive.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2024, 08:03:06 AM »

Looking at news articles about how many cutaways to Taylor Swift you get varying number of times, 11, 12 and 17.

You can not blame the NFL for doing the cutaways to Taylor.  It brings them revenue, lots of it.  It increased their viewership of young women significantly.  The NFL goal is to make money.  It cost the NFL next to nothing for this increase in Revenue and viewer ship, this is like free advertising for them.

Taylor Swift has generated 331 million in Revenue for the Chiefs.  Chiefs are also all about making money.  This cost them nothing.  Really getting a two for with Brittany Mahomes wife in the cutaway.  Her husband is the Super Star.

I am not a fan of the cutaways to Taylor Swift.  I do completely understand why its done.  It did not hurt the game for me.  I enjoyed the game, as did the 5 other couples we were watching it with.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2024, 11:23:42 AM »

Taylor Swift has generated 331 million in Revenue for the Chiefs.  Chiefs are also all about making money.  This cost them nothing.  Really getting a two for with Brittany Mahomes wife in the cutaway.  Her husband is the Super Star.

I am not a fan of the cutaways to Taylor Swift.  I do completely understand why its done.  It did not hurt the game for me.  I enjoyed the game, as did the 5 other couples we were watching it with.

It's not just the Chiefs, the NFL is all about making money and if the exposure of a mega-pop star helps them rake in the cash, of course they'll do it.

And Taylor Swift brings the NFL something else, wanted attention.  This is way different than all the unwanted attention brought on by "deflate gate" (Brady accused of changing the air pressure inside football to help with passing), "Spy gate" (Belichick caught recording the opposing team play calling on specific down and distance situations), Ray Carrueth (murdered his then pregnant girlfriend), Aaron Hernandez (found guilty of murder, killed self in prison) and of course O.J. Simpson.     

This is nothing new.  Turning back the clock let's look at Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe.  He was a baseball superstar known in every household across America.  She was an international Super Star.  She was known to America and all over the world.  Their pairing brought paparazzi (old world tabloid social media) who followed them everywhere including USO tours in Korea.  This attention brought the Yankees and MLB attention and revenue.

And yes, Patrick Mahomes is a Super Star who takes it all to another level.  It's a real pleasure watching him do what he does best. I don't think I'm too far off the mark to suggest his name will work it's way into the lexicon of our lives.  A huge task at work is known as "Herculean" after the demigod Hercules.  Setting a baseball record is known as "Ruthian" after Babe Ruth, the Sultan of Swat.  It won't be long before we speak of things as being "Mahomesian".

But I could be wrong.

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2024, 08:37:24 PM »

The Taylor Swift Effect worked. Look, we're in here keeping her relevant. :D

Media: mission accomplished.

I don't think her being shown was as dramatic or anger inducing as people make it out to be.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 25 queries.