Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: New Harley Sport Bike  (Read 2671 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
New Harley Sport Bike
« on: February 20, 2020, 07:27:12 PM »

This is NOT a Harley announcement.  HD has been slowly leaking info about a new sport bike for awhile now.  A small number of partial view renderings have been accidentally / on-purpose leaked.  This is the first commercial art I've seen where someone purports to offer an educated guess of what the bike will actually look like.

https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/harley-davidson%E2%80%99s-new-sportsbike-revealed

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

Re: New Harley Sport Bike
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 07:28:12 PM »

I don't bend in the middle well enough to ride it anymore.  Don't hate the look though.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 08:27:16 PM »

At this point is an artist's rendering. Looks good.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

mark

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 09:24:01 AM »

Nice lines, looks good.  Next hurdle is to have it perform as well as established sport bikes.  If it does that, offer it at a better price than the competition...HD has got to pull buyers away from the metric and European manufacturers.  You can’t do that if you’re priced the same or higher.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 05:18:40 PM »

Nice lines, looks good.  Next hurdle is to have it perform as well as established sport bikes.  If it does that, offer it at a better price than the competition...HD has got to pull buyers away from the metric and European manufacturers.  You can’t do that if you’re priced the same or higher.

HD makes a bike that's new to the world (from them), looks good, runs well, and is reliable.   Ok, while not in their history to cross all those boxes at once it is at least within the realm of possibility (if not probability).  But do all that AND have it at a competitive price?  From HD?  No, that's never gonna happen.  Not in this time space continuum.....

mark

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 07:49:46 PM »

HD makes a bike that's new to the world (from them), looks good, runs well, and is reliable.   Ok, while not in their history to cross all those boxes at once it is at least within the realm of possibility (if not probability).  But do all that AND have it at a competitive price?  From HD?  No, that's never gonna happen.  Not in this time space continuum.....
I agree.  The MoCo will put a premium price on this bike, like they do on everything else, and it won’t sell.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 07:35:36 AM »

"It won't sell."

Lately HD customers are also saying 'They all do that."

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 09:02:31 AM »

I know my response might upset some folks, but that bike might stand a chance if it is priced right and is built with Japanese dependability.

Personally I don't see too many baby boomers wanting to ride a chin on the fork tank hugger. And if that engine starts grenading due to low bid items like cheap bearings then it probably will not last. If the artists rendering is accurate, that bike is going to be marketed to the millenials or Gen Xers. However not too many of them are really interested in riding (that's our fault) nor are they willing to drop $30k.

I hope it makes it, and overall I like the direction Harley is going in with the new Pan-American. But until they can reach the same level of dependability like the Japanese, these bikes might only be garage art.

But I could be wrong.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 01:18:15 PM »

If the bike stays true to the rendering upon production and has some good torque numbers the bike would sell as long as HD doesn't price it out of the market.  But as recent events have shown that's probably not likely (DudWire)!  But bikes like this and others planned (DirtGlide) are never gonna replaced lost numbers from their core lines, which in my opinion is where their focus should be....that being said I might be game for a DirtGlide if one materializes but not the first year!
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2020, 06:49:59 PM »

Well if you closely at the bike. It is sporting a Revolution Motor. They were to my knowledge very reliable and very fast. So IMHO if they price it right it might just sell.

As far as the DUDWIRE. I saw one today on the floor. I actually moved away from it when a few lookers were playing around with it. One of them turned it on. Thank God they didn't twist the throttle. I told they that it doesn't make any noise when it's running. LMAO!!!

Harley has a chance BUT for us that know them they need to quit pinching the numbers and look for reliability for a change.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 03:55:47 AM »

People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2020, 05:21:30 PM »

Just saw this pic tied to article online.  Bronx Street Fighter.  If this thing ends up weighing less than 500-ish pounds and costing less than $15k it would be hard for it not to be competitive. This means Harley will probably price it at $22.5.......

mark

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2020, 08:17:36 PM »

The real bike doesn’t look like the drawing, which was a much better looking, IMO. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2020, 05:58:27 AM »

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2020, 10:25:03 AM »

Harley will (probably) once again price themselves right out of the market.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 24 queries.