Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: AZ bike week rides  (Read 876 times)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
AZ bike week rides
« on: February 03, 2011, 03:47:24 PM »

Hi Guys. I will be in Az over bike week and would like to ride around the Grand Canyon south and north side then to Las Vegas. Looking to find out what weather conditions are for that time of year. Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Proctor

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
Re: AZ bike week rides
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 03:53:13 PM »

I'm heading out to Bike Week too.  I used to live out there.  Las Vegas shouldn't be a problem, but heading to the Grand Canyon through Flagstaff could be.  You could easily see snow at the 6000 and 8000ft altitude.  Last time I was out there a few years ago for Bike Week, Prescott, alot lower in altitude, it started snowing on us on the way back.  That made things a little interesting.
Ported 11.1 heads, Wiseco pistons, T-mans 662-2 cams, SE 58mm T-body, SEST, V&H power duals with Hi Output, Timken bearing, welded and balanced crank .     129.62hp 127.22tq

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 04:21:05 PM »

Not a lot to see on the north side of the Grand Canyon unless you've just got a lot of time to kill.  It's a long way around and a long ride in to the north rim.  Unlike the south rim, the north rim only has a very small area to actually view the canyon from.

The south rim has a long drive that follows along the rim that allows you to view the canyon from many different angles and views.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

20 gauge

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 03 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: 07 FXDSE2
    • CVO3: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 08:02:38 PM »

North side was still closed to snow when we did Zion and Bryce several years ago in May.

Proctor

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 04:57:07 PM »

I'm staying as far away from cold and snow as I can when I'm there.  I'm sick of this white stuff piled up in my yard!
Ported 11.1 heads, Wiseco pistons, T-mans 662-2 cams, SE 58mm T-body, SEST, V&H power duals with Hi Output, Timken bearing, welded and balanced crank .     129.62hp 127.22tq

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 10:58:20 PM »

Sounds like I need to make new plans not interested in cold when in AZ   Thanks For the help
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 11:20:13 PM »

Not a lot to see on the north side of the Grand Canyon unless you've just got a lot of time to kill.  It's a long way around and a long ride in to the north rim.  Unlike the south rim, the north rim only has a very small area to actually view the canyon from.

The south rim has a long drive that follows along the rim that allows you to view the canyon from many different angles and views.

:2vrolijk_21:

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 01:20:46 AM »

Hi Billy,

I plan to be in for Bikeweek as well.  Cyclerides is a great website to learn about riding in AZ.  It will have maps and pictures for you. 

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

fast96

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Mako Shark
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 09:14:26 AM »

Anytime you get close to the 40 between October and the end of May you can get surprised, even the Kingman route will be cold that week well for us anyway probably be in the upper 50's and always windy from kingman to Vegas but the new Highway is open what a site that is! Unbelievable the engineering in that overpass.  :coolblue:
Any day Racin or Ridin is better than workin!

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 25 queries.