Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: freedom of speech  (Read 971 times)

SPIDERMAN

freedom of speech
« on: February 20, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »

Freedom of speech is not a figure of speech it is a right granted to all Americans under the Consitution. It is one of the most cherished of all rights we claim for ourselves and yet lately one of the first we wish to deny others who's views we find offensive. For instance, whenever I see the idiots of the KKK rallying somewhere and being protected by the police, I get a serious case of heartburn. The hatred spewed by these lowlife inbred ignorant racist pukes is almost more than I can endure, yet I know if I were to deny them their rights, then mine would also be in jeopardy.The battle to deny us the rights our forefathers granted us, the rights millions of brave Americans have died to protect and preserve begins out on the fringes of society. It starts with groups like the KKK and then moves closer to the center attacking various religious and political groups. Before long, the only free speech is speech which is supportive of the ruling power. When I see how polarized we are as a nation on the issues of the day and how some seek to silence the voice of others through the abuse of power and connections, I have grave concern for the freedoms that will endure for my children and grandchildren. I ask each of you on this site to pause and refect on what it is the American truly represents and vow to yourselves that when confronted with something you disagree with that you will speak out against it, that you will fight the ignorance, or hatred behind it with words of your own. Positive words which reflect your personal philosophy and belief. But also vow that you will not seek to silence the voices of those with whom you disagree, that you wll not abuse whatever position and power you might have to deny those with whom you disagree the rights to disagree as well

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: freedom of speech
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 02:12:25 PM »

Well said! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Let's protect all of our rights for everyone and use them responsibly. 8-)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 08:10:45 PM »

Freedom of Speech. Here is an interesting experiment I dare you to try. Go out and publicly read aloud the Decleration of Independence. I bet you get arrested before you finish it. If you think thats bad you will probably get arrested even faster reading the bill of rights without a permit.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 08:11:11 PM by sefatboyscott »
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 08:47:25 PM »

In San Diego on the waterfront, there's a trendy shopping spot called Seaport Village. Sometimes I see a guy down there standing on one of those fancy stepladders with a railing around the top - - anyway, he goes on and on about all kinds of stuff  haven't ever seen anybody hassle him  probably has a permit I'm not sure since there's a whole bunch of sidewalk performers down there. On the whole though you're probably right since I imagine if he were in front of the courthouse or something they'd lock him up.

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 09:37:08 PM »

My dad used to say "If you cant say something nice, dont say nothing at all".

2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 09:49:12 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, SPIDERMAN,
  My Great-Grandfather's Tombstone has the Masonic Emblem and the letters, KKKK, engraved above his Name.  Back then, that represented the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.  They were good for the communities back then.  For instance, a man that gambled, or drank away his money, Black or White, and did not support his Family, was first warned, by a burning cross in his yard.  If he continued to shirk his Manly responsibilities, he was tarred and feathered, and occasionally beaten, or whipped.  Hell, it had to be a good thing once, The Honorable Robert C. Byrd, was a member.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] However, what those 3 letters, KKK, stand for today, is totally out of step with the times.  I don't care what they do, or what they say, as long as they don't try to force it down my throat, or make the mistake of getting up in my Face with that chit.  They are no bigger than a postage stamp in the Ocean.  They have mounted a dyin' horse.  As far as our Rights go, they were given us by our Creator, and pre-existed our Constitution.  That Great Document, and it's Amendments, only work to protect those Rights.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD        

2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 11:32:16 PM »

Well spoken Hubbard  Thanks for picking up the thread and contributing. I had hoped folks like yourself would speak their piece here. We need to be able to air our thoughts more in this country and have open and honest debate on what we are really thinking instead of staying silent in favor of being PC and polite.

You made my day dude, you really did !

Big Brian

RedFXR2

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 11:17:35 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, SPIDERMAN,

« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 11:41:17 AM by RedFXR2 »

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.